Ratings for Dr. Hector N. Hernandez

I wonder if the doctor is aware his ofc staff is turning away pts for no good reason - after giving all personal info over the phone! I have concerns about having my personal info in their system when the girl in charge, who seemingly calls all the shots, is so difficult.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr. Hernandez Office is VERY DIFFICULT and NASTY to deal with when scheduling appointments. They are RUDE when they speak to you and they said "We are very busy because of the Snowbirds"! Well I guess those people who live in Port Charlotte year round take a back seat at Dr. Hernandez's Office during season. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL OFFICE STAFF!!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I called to schedule a first time appointment. "Joyce" said she could not give me an appointment because my BCBS of Michigan nor my Medicare would be accepted. She never asked for my Group number which can vary with my BCBS. Just a flat out "No". I have never had my insurances turned down ANYWHERE in my life. I'd been forewarned by a friend that the office staff were not of good nature.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

The staff is very friendly, courteous and helpful. It was my first visit and I was extremely pleased with the time the doctor spent asking questions and listening. Very patient and knowledgeable and will follow up.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

This was the worst experience we ever had with a doctors office. We were trying to schedule an appointment for my grandmother. Every time we called as they never return phone calls as promised by the office manager Jenifer we were give different excuses. The scheduler was out. This is season and we are busy. We cannot make appointment right away which I said that was fine I just wanted an appointment did not care when and they still refused to make one was told they would have to call back and hung up.my email is perry19@comcast.net

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Steven Goff who Dr Hernandez has working there is a crook. He steals money from people. Do not buy hearing aids from him

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

I was 5 min late to my appt because I was lost but just around the corner. I called the office at my appt time to ask them where they were because I knew I was close. I told them I am lost. They told me I was just across the street. I was in the office 2 min later which made me 5 min late. They had a patient waiting for the doctor also. They told us we would have to reschedule because we should arrive 30min before our appt time for paperwork so now the doctor won't see us. He wasn't waiting on us! I was given appt time of 11:15a.m. got there 11:20a.m.. Most unhelpful office staff I have ever experienced. No one should ever go to a Dr office that treats the patients so careless and he was still with a patient and one ahead of us. I can fill name and history in 5 min. Really, I want the word out to all not to go to Dr Hector Hernandez. It maybe just the office staff but we all know you can't get to the doc any other way. Go somewhere else beware horrible service.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

I scheduled an appointment 3 weeks prior to appointment date, I had a referal from my general practioner. A few days before my appointment a staff member called me to inform me that there were insurance issues. The issue as I was told was a pre existing condition, I told the staff person that I had no pre existing condition. She told me that my appointment was canceled and I can reschedule 3 more weeks out. I asked her if she could give me 1 hour to contact BC/BS and correct the error. She said no. I called my insurance company and fixed the issue within 1 Hr. My insurance company tried to call Dr Hernandez office several times to correct the issue, they never replied back. I was very disappointed in the manner that I was dealt with, when I spoke to some of my client's they mentioned that there staff is very rude. I am going to Sarasota to see another specialist.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

My wife and I are both nurses and therefore know many of the area drs. My stepson has had several problems with his ears which has been corrected by dr Hernandez. Both he and his staff are friendly and helpful. He is very careful, and knowledgeable... And takes times to make sure you understand

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

Compassionate, Knowledgable and Understanding Doctor. I am glad I selected him because he promply started cancer treatment for me that probably saved my life--EXCELLENT DOCTOR-Charles K. Septer Punta Gorda FL

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

Dr. Hector N. Hernandez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

• Regence