Ratings for Dr. Wadie Toma

I feel as he is very dismissive. I have been seeing Dr. Toma for several years for Lupus and recently have been experiencing some pain & muscle fatigue. He's told me I need to exercise my hands (where some of my pain is) And I probably have a virus as the cause For the rest of my muscle aches. 3 weeks later and I still have these muscle aches, so much for the virus. And I waited an hour just to be brought into a room last time. I may start looking for a new Rheum

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I was in need of treatment with my knee filled with fluid and not being able to walk normally. I firstly called my orthopedic dr and they could not fit me in. Dr Toma's office accommodated me the next day! Dr drained fluid from my knee and gave me a cortisone shot. Thank you Dr and staff! Now I can enjoy my upcoming vacation week! You are awesome.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

There is a long wait due to the fact that he takes his time with each patient in the exam room. I did not feel rushed and he was very thorough with his exam. He answered all my questions and was very knowledgeable. Dr. Toma's staff is very friendly and are willing to go the extra mile to accommodate his patients.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I been going to Dr.Toma for a very very long time, And I wouldn't think of going to another rheumatologist. I trust him very much, he's helped me so much with the pain I had for years. He takes his time and answers any question I may have. Sheila is always friendly and professional. I have called Dr.Toma's office many times and he always calls back. I would recommend Dr. Toma to anyone I know who needs a rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I found Dr. Toma to be very knowledgable. He is detail-oriented, which leads to long appointment times. I believe he really cares about my health as a whole person, not just as far as rheumatology is concerned. I have found Dr. Toma to be receptive and flexible when I question medications and dosing.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

If you are diagnosed with fibromyalgia, expect to be treated like an insane re tard (Yes, it is appropriate to use an insulting word as that is the way he treats patients) and told to go see a psychiatrist. He is unfamiliar with the concept of a syndrome.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Dr. Toma was dismissive and blamed me for my pain. He implied I was overreacting and to see a psychiatrist. I had hopes for better treatment. He was rude, directive and impatient. My pain is very real and he didnt take the time to listen and fully understand. I expected a higher level of care coming from a specialist.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

I found him quick to make a diagnosis but then gave me no information on my illness and no direction to turn to. I was told not to read the internet because there was "a lot of junk" out there. I came to him in severe pain and mental "fog" and confusion and felt dismissed with no more knowledge than I went in with time after time. Medications were filled and off I went feeling frustrated, unheard and very disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Leaves you in a fog, doesn't trust patients complain about their health

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Toma and Sheila go above and beyond what could ever be expected. When we were away recently my husband became ill and Dr. Toma called back on a Sunday morning in less than five minutes and called the necessary medication in to help my husband until we could get back home. He is compassionate, understanding, comforting and has an excellent bedside manner. He takes the time to talk and answer all of your questions and you never feel rushed through the exam. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is need of a rheumatologist. You just don't find doctors who truly care for their patients like Dr. Toma does.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011