Ratings for Dr. Angela Q. Shen

Called to make an appointment. She start talking about some volunteer work and some other things which made me uncomfortable not to mention I found her rude and unprofessional. Even though she's closer to my work but I'll never go there.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Everyone please take heed to these reviews and do not take yourself or children to this Dr. She was absolutely rude and degrading to patients, she states that she's here to care for the best interest of the patient but appears she just wants to make an issue on the paper work to get paid by insurance. She prescribed eye drops out of nowhere and refuse to give you the prescription for glasses. Keeps saying she donating glasses and donating eye drops(WTF) not a charity case! Left feeling if the exam was accurate, does the child need glasses or not? She was the rudest Dr. I've ever met. Would never use the eye drops that she prescribed for my child because I just don't trust her.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing professionally over the phone with this doctor. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Rude, nasty and unprofessional to me as a fellow professional. Even hung up the phone as I was speaking.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I've worn glasses my entire life, and Dr. Shen is the best eye doctor I've ever worked with. She was able to bring my vision to 20/20, and it took a lot of work, but she stuck with it and really delivered. I now need a new check up and am looking forward to my next appointment.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

I went to Dr. Shen because I'm near-sighted/blurry vision and I've worn glasses for years. I also had annoying eye twitches for a year. Dr. Shen was concerned about my entire medical history, my work environment, and listened to my concerns. She did a thorough exam and explained to me that the eye is the window for human health. It was important for the doctor to determine what was the original cause for the eye problems. Dr. Shen explained all of the treatment options and what to expect during treatment to me and let me make my own decision about whether to get treatment or not. I did the treatment and within two weeks all of my eye problems were gone. I have 20/20 vision and my eyelid completely stopped twitching. I like the way that Dr. Shen treated me professionally and respectfully and let me be in charge of making my own decisions about treatment. I recommend this dedicated doctor to anyone who is an honest person and wants to resolve their eye problems.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

The last rater must have seen another Dr.and could be confused as the Dr Shen that is my Family eye care Dr. is patient and understanding. Yes she is a Dr with a lot of experience but at the same time is humble about things that she can learn from others. I am thankful to have for her as our eye care Dr. She takes time to explain things and give advice for your benefit but realizes that the patient is part of the solution. I was advised to use a warm compress and use baby shampoo w/ qtip daily to remove build up on my eye lids and lashes...I could see no results and stopped. Then she gave me a sample cleansing pad that with the first use I could see results left on the pad. Today my eyes feel better and are cleaner and less red because of her continued questioning of my eperiences. I am glad to say that she is our Familiy eye care Dr.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

Don't be in a hurry if you go to see her. We were there two hrs. for two child's eye appts. She is longwinded, but thorough. She will bill your insurance more claiming (in our case) to have treated them medically. My kids were prescribed allergy eye drops. Our ins. covers one annual eye exam @ no cost. However, b/c she "treated" them claimed she had to file medical for fifty $ ea. Thinking that's an Eye Doctor's job, isn't it? Can be a little difficult to understand, as she has heavy accent, but I don't doubt her ability.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

Dr. Shen is awesome. NO SURGERY AND BETTER THAN 20/20 VISION!!!!!! I have a spot on my eye –Pterygium that gets irritated off and on and my eyes have been red for the last 15 years. I thought it was just something that I had to deal with in my rest of life. Also, my previous doctor told me about the spot but said there was nothing to do, except for surgery (if the spot–Pterygium moved into my line of vision). When I saw Dr. Shen, she took a lot of time with me. Not only did we talk about my vision, but also about other health issues that may impact my vision. Dr. Shen came up with a treatment plan to address my eye and the redness. The amazing thing is that the spot on my eye that I thought I was going to have to have surgery for has shrunk after 2 weeks treatment and I don't have to have surgery. My eye is now white and healthy and not only do I NOT have to have surgery- my vision is better than it has ever been. I now have 20/15 vision. NO SURGERY AND BETTER THAN 20/20 VISION!!!!!! Dr. Shen is a blessing!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Dr. Angela Q. Shen's Credentials

• New England College Of Optometry (Grad. 1994)