Ratings for Dr. Charles E. Castillo

Dr. Castillo starts off all smiles and pleasant when you first meet him. This is all a front. I had a recurrent Ventral Hernia he repaired in October of 2016. It is not even a year later and the whole problem has come full circle. He is extremely non-cooperative towards difficult issues and problems he in variably is responsible for regarding post-surgical complications and need for additional surgical intervention. My first hernia repair lasted 13 years. Castillo's lasted barely 11 months. His PA is worse than he is when it comes to patient interaction. This person is the most unconcerned arrogant and obtuse person I’ve encountered in medicine. Unfortunately, I have had much experience with medical providers given my health issues. She should not be in medicine. She is offensive and actually takes offense to questions being asked as if one shouldn't be well informed as to one’s medical problems. She acts as if whatever she conveys, which is little of anything, should be accepted without question or discussion. Having to deal with a serious medical ailment is a terribly stressful thing. Add to that medical practitioners like Castillo and his PA and the anxiety and uncertainty about getting better is amplified exponentially. No one should have to have this compounded feeling of what is going to happen to them, will I ever get better and why am I not being helped because of medical people like these two unconcerned and disconnected providers. Lastly, they operate only on Fridays and it’s a marathon. They schedule way too many surgical procedures for one day. As many as 12 individual surgeries in one day. This greatly compromises the quality of surgery and in turn causes serious and devastating problems such as what I am now having to deal with again affecting the quality of my life, monopolizing my time, and leaving me hopeless and despondent because of their gross negligence.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

AWESOME would recommend him and his staff. We don't always agree but Dr. Castillo and Lisa will still treat you the same. Helpful from the start. Always answers phone messages and questions. Again AWESOME

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr Castillo performed my hernia surgery. His staff was professional and efficient. Dr.Castillo had great bedside manner and exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend this surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Dr. Schwartz and his PA Joanie are wonderful. Very caring, attentive, and even funny--but all business at surgery. Dr. Schwartz took the care to make small incisions for my laproscopic gallbladder removal/umbilical hernia repair. Although everyone is different, I was up and moving around the very next day. Now I feel like a new person, they did a great job!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

Dr. Castillo is a fabulous doctor! I recently had the need to see a surgeon and was referred to Dr. Castillo to evaluate my abdominal/intestinal issues. Dr. Castillo was thorough, compassionate and extremely interested in finding out exactly what my problem was. I cannot thank Dr. Castillo enough for his expertise. With his experience and knowledge, he pinpointed my problem and fixed it. His medical staff, including Joanie and Lisa were extremely warm and comforting. Jackie in the front office is extremely nice, professional and helpful. I'm hoping I don't need surgery again any time soon, but if I do I will be heading to Dr. Castillo. I'm pretty sure they don't get much better than Dr. Castillo.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

Although my health is still being evaluated,I just wanted to make mention of the care I received under Dr Charles Castillo and PA-C Joanie McIntyre. They were extremely patient, attentive and made me feel completely at ease. All of my concerns were addressed and calls placed were promptly returned. Thanks so much to the staff and a shout out to Lisa for all of your guidance and setting up appointments for my continued care elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

I had a difficult to diagnose abdominal pain, and he took the time to do a thorough analysis, rather than try to hurry you out the door and be quick to judgment like other doctors I saw. Definite high recommendation. Fantastic nursing staff, receptionist is sour, though. Long wait times.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

I was treated by Dr. Castillo in 2001 and for several years following. I no longer live in AZ but just recommended him to someone so I decided it is time to also add my comments of recommendation. I had already been diagnosed for Stage 1 Breast Cancer 4 months prior to being referred to Dr. Castillo. I had a lumpectomy and 14 lympth modes removed. The radiologis was the one who recommended I needed additional exrays done to insure all the tumor was gone before starting Radiation. It wasn't gone-the original Dr./surgeon then insited I needed a masectomy!!! The radiologist is who recommended Dr. Castillo who in turn did the final surgery but also said I didn't need a masectomy. The emotional & physical experience was calmed by Dr. Castillo & staff & I can honestly say I feel like he saved my life. The entire prodedures and follow-up were wonderful. If I had to have surgery again he would be my surgeon. I TRUST him totally. I am cancer free at this time! Thanks Dr. castillo!!!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Dr. Castillo was amazing! I wouldn't have changed anything. He made me feel comfortable for surgery and even kept me laughing and smiling. He is #1 on my list of "the best of the best"!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

This was the 1st time I had surgery and I did some research on the DR beforehand, which was positive. After the surgery, I have to concur. He answered my questions, including going over the questionnaire I printed out from the internet. He didn't mind and actually encouraged it. After the surgery I was surprised at how fast I recovered and how little pain there was. Even the staff at the hospital had complimentary things to say. I would recommend him for anyone thinking of having surgery. Dr. C is very experienced and willing to take time to make sure you understand what he is going to do, what will happen and what is needed for a successful recovery. Also, the follow up visits were included in the surgery costs. I'd recommend him to anyone who needs surgery.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. Charles E. Castillo's Credentials

• University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)