Ratings for Dr. Barry S. Tatar

I been a patient of Dr. Tatar for 30 years. He is one of the best ENT Dr., I have ever had. He performed my 2nd sinus surgery., as he does not believe in packing your sinus like my 1st sinus surgery in 1981 when another dr. Performed this and packed my sinus. When I had to go back to other dr., to take out the packing go it hurtled so bad that I was crying when the other dr., was trying to take it out. He takes his time, listen and explains things to you. From 2015 to 2016, I developed a bad infection in my left ear as well as a cyst that I couldn't get to Dr. Tatar to remove it. It took lots of visits until Dr. Tatar could finally removed the cyst. I highly recommend anyone to Dr. Tatar, as he is one of the BEST ENT Doctor. His office is a warm, nice welcome. I hate to think if and when Dr. Tatar retires. As I will not go back to ENTAA Care where I used to go and Dr. Tatar used to work there.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

Had a very pleasant outcome to a painful and difficult ear infection

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

My son was constantly on antibiotics for sinus infections when he was a toddler. His nose would crust over, and he couldn't breathe. It was constant and horrible. At 18 months Dr. Tatar took my son's adnoids out, and from that point on he was cured. His life (and mine and my husbands) went from miserable to normal in one week. My son is now 13 and snores (perhaps his adnoids have grown back), and we're making an appt. to see Dr. Tatar. We wouldn't see anyone else.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

Terrible staff, avoid this practice at all costs.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Bad communication. More interested in $$$ than patients.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Great doctor -worth going to-takes time with patients-kind reassuring manner and very knowledgable and good communicator. He has all the qualities that make a good dr.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

I have been to Dr Tatar office 6 or 7 times and never waited more than 10 minutes in the waiting room or 5 minutes in his office. He spent a lot of time listening and then completely explained his plan to make me well. Last year, at 46, I had my tonsils removed and have not had a cold since, compared to chronic colds and severe sore throats most of my life. He is upbeat, happy and funny which makes one feel at ease. An office visit with him is actually enjoyable verses dreaded.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

My daughter has special needs and he was wonderful with her and would make her laugh, she loved her doctor visits with him. Due to her special needs her ears was not easy to examine and required special tools and bedside manner. he was the only ENT we went to who was successful during her exams to do this. Best ENT we ever had. Ear surgery was a huge success and she has been swimming again without plugs etc. ever since. Highly recommend Dr. Tatar!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

Great Doctor and staff! I had deviated septum fixed and polyps removed. I had no brusing or bloodshot eyes. I was back to work in 5 days. Worst part was the sinus bag romoval which was more weird than painful. Otherthan that they provided more than enough pain killers and I'm now having the bloody clot snot stuff coming out and continue the sinus wash. But I can breath and quality of life is worth the minor discomfort. Dr. Tatar is really a quality doctor and after an unexpected 2 hour surgery due to a lot of polyps I really have not have that many bad side effects. Good luck and it was really no big deal.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Dr. Tatar is a very skilled and kind doctor. He spent quite a bit of time examining me and offered me hope, as I've been so sick for years. I had sinus surgery 2 weeks ago and was very impressed with how I'm feeling. I would definitely recommend Dr. Tatar. He also has a great sense of humor and puts his patients at ease.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

Dr. Barry S. Tatar's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Healthnet