Ratings for Dr. Robert Forrester

I went to Dr Forrester for the first time yesterday for a referral for a reduction mammoplasty(breast reduction). I am a young nurse and have a size F/G chest. Explained my back pain and problem with working in healthcare. He did take the time to write the referal and comment on my weight but that was all I received from him. No smile when he walked in, barely took a glance at me and was no compassionate at all. Told me my chance of getting a reduction was not high. The staff at Walmart medical was great. Just wish doctors could put a little more effort in to make patients feel comfortable and confident. A smile and reassurance goes a LONG WAY.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

I was satisfied when I interviewed Dr. Forrester, and accepted his limitations. He IS biased for religion & lifestyles, but restrains himself. He normally IS, very cordial, approachable and punctual. He will disappoint if you request / demand his assistance with a mode of healing he personally, disagrees with. Here is what people need to ask themselves - WHY, does he only see so many patients? Can he not handle the pressure of a full practice? Or, does he choose to avoid the stress? And, why is he on the SLOW side - when it comes to getting the patient to a specialist?I believe he is personally affronted if he cannot diagnose, and the patient inevitable pays the price for his reluctance. THAT is the biggest threat to patients. Other than that flaw, Dr Forrester is par for the average skills one would hope for in a mere GP. Remember - these GP's are not Gods - you must take additional responsibility when dealing with a GP. They typically see many hundreds of patients, and YOU, are just another file they work that day. And most of them, are typical sick, runny nosed kids, or ailing elderly. They have very limited experience with the unusual, and that can cost you - and it cost ME, in a dramatic & enduring manner. Only YOU, will take your care seriously, and with the passion & expediency you deserve.

Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Forrester was very judgmental, was no help at all. Not professional, glad I had other support to go to.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr Forrester was very helpful to me with my concerns and questions. He was good at ordering tests, sending me to specialists if needed. He also helped me with my long term disability and seemed to have plenty of time for me.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

Dr. Forrester is caring and knowledgeable. I rarely see a doctor and when I do, I expect to have my concerns taken seriously. He takes the time to listen and dialogue with me, answering any and all questions. Finding him was truly a blessing!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Never calls with results - Each time I tell him I need to know why I am losing the mobility in my right hand - he tells me to use my left hand???? Had nerve testing done at ARHCC - again no results from Dr. Forrester. Dr. Forrester has missed more than 4 follow ups that I was to have - Good at sending you somewhere else - doesn't have the patients best interest at heart. No piece of mind from Dr. Forrester..................

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I took my very sick child to him after being bounced from doctor to doctor at this clinic. When I got there Dr. Forrester seemed interested and concerned, ordered a test and then shipped us off to a specialist. I was never told the results of that test and the specialist found nothing. It turned out my child had Lyme Disease and it took another 2 years of doctor hunting to get my child diagnosed. My child now has Late Stage Lyme and is suffering from horrible complications that will likely take years to correct if they can be at all. If he'd caught it at the beginning, the whole thing could have been over in a few months. I believe Dr. Forrester really dropped the ball on this one.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Forrester for years. I have had several bad experiences with him. First he lectured me for years that I was a bad mom because my son had behaviour issues and I just needed to learn to say no. Turns out he has PTSD. Then my daughter was sick for months. He refused to run tests on her as he said she was too young. Turns out she had brain cancer and almost died in front of me in the ER before she was moved out to Childrens. Then I see him after all this because I am on the verge of mental overload and he gives me the name of a therapist at $160.00/hr. I go back because I have started smoking again and want to quit. He lectures me on my inability to deal and that I shouldn't blame my stress on what I have experinced and it is no excuse to start smoking again. He tells me I should have came to him to get medication to avoid my mental break. I told him I did. All he had to say for himself was oh, my bad. Who gave him a licence to practice?

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Dr. Forrester is friendly, but the medical expertice stops there - If you need a referral or a prescription, go to Dr. Forrester. If you need a doctor who will actually get out of his chair and do something, go somewhere else. He likes to pass the buck!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

I think Dr. Forrester is great. I am a mother of 6 and I really trust him.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2011