Ratings for Dr. Rua Read

I saw this doctor in January along with her student doctor. I'm in my 40s and the student doctor ordered a special blood test for me called tripsin because of my problems breathing. He He went to go ask his teacher Dr Read about ordering the test and came back that she agreed. The tripsin was in my blood and he referred me to a specialist in the city. and I'm now getting care from the specialist. Great team

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Fantastic doctor. Has helped me with a variety of issues over the last few years. My experience with her bedside manner has been the opposite of many comments here, she has always been kind, compassionate, and eager to listen and problem solve with me. Punctuality is not perfect, but average for a doctor in my opinion and this means that she is not kicking others out after their 15 minutes, but is taking the time to properly care for her patients. Excellent doctor, would recommend.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Absolutely the worst Dr I have ever seen. She is rude and unhelpful offered me tynolol for pain and sent me home without an exam. I went back to ER my appendix had rupture. She is a liability to her patients and I am in the process of formally complaining about her

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Dr. Read is an amazing and very knowledgeable doctor. She is professional at all times, caring and supportive. She does her job amazing! She is there for your health. She may be quiet but she is always listening and problem solving. Not every problem is black or white. Dr. Read is a very kind and gentle person. I could not ask for a better doctor.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

This doctor has zero compassion. She treated me worse then an animal- literally. I was completely traumatized by this doctor, and my friend whom came to visit me was in complete shock of how she was treating me. She tears up every time she thinks about the experience. This doctor talked to me like I was incapable of understanding English, lashed at me for being unable to walk due to my condition, and refused to help me get up all the while trying to rush me like I was wasting her time. I'll leave the gruesome details out. I still have nightmares from this experience. Beyond disgusted and traumatized.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

Dr. Read is great she acts fast and is very down to earth. She addresses important matters in a caring yet knowledgeable way. She is not afraid to refer you to a specialist for a fuller analysis. I also likes that she does not brush matters off she is cautious and covers all bases to be sure.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Saw her at the walk-in clinic and not helpful. She didn't seem interested. And no she didn't seem to have en engaging personality but all I care about is her ability to problem solve and did not walk away feeling that she even attempted. Maybe if she did engage in a conversation she could have gotten some patient history and realized something was up instead of dismissing. After talking out of both sides of her mouth I could not trust her diagnosis. I rarely go to the doctor and when I do something is wrong. Don't expect them to have all the answers but would like to see an attempt. If I ever go to the walk-in clinic and she in on I would go back the next day.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Dr. Read is a fine doctor. By this, I mean she does her job, and well. She doesn't have an overly engaging personality but that's not why I go to a doctor. She's been great through my pregnancies and with my child, great with a mystery illness my husband had, and she diagnoses what needs to be diagnosed and has sent us all to specialists when appropriate. I don't go to the doctor to chat with a friend, I go when I need treatment or medication. Her availability is good, she's caring, friendly and practical, and doesn't waste time with fluffy conversation. Being a real person, she probably does get a little annoyed with needy patients, so if you're a needy person looking for a therapist she's probably not the doctor for you. If you're a normal, generally healthy person who needs a doctor once in a while I definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

I agree with all the negative comments on here about Dr. Read. I am glad I read these now I know it's not just me that feel she is a terrible gp.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

Great doctor. Very kind, helpful and has taken great care of me. Best doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014