Ratings for Dr. Cary Berwald

Love Dr. Berwald. My 12-year-old son has been going to her since birth, and the appointments are always a positive experience. The staff, even when rushed, is always very helpful, and as someone said, has never, ever made a mistake with the codes for insurance. The negative experience the one person below had is so far from my experience and expectations of this office I can only think that he/she was very rude to the staff or had unreasonable expectations. They have always been able to squeeze us in for sick visits, but I've always understood that those visits, if I wanted them that day, could not be entirely at my convenience!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

My 10 year old son has been going to Dr. Berwald since birth. She's a great doctor, taking the time to talk to my son and give advice when we need it. I think the staff is excellent. They fit us in for sick visits if we need it, and they have NEVER messed up filing the proper codes for insurance, which I can't say for my own doctors. We're very happy.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Our 3 children have been patients of Dr. Berwald since birth. To say that she is an excellent doctor is an understatement. She is caring, warm, understanding, incredibly knowledgeable. We would NEVER consider switching pediatrician. She is absolutely the BEST!!! Her staff is professional and courteous.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

If you can actually get in to see Dr. Berwald, she is kind and intelligent. However, she didn't really follow up much with a problem my son was having and we just had to figure it out ourselves. Also, the front desk and phone staff is awful and often makes it very hard to get to see her, regardless of the situation. Even though she is my son's pediatrician, we had to go to CityMD when he was sick because there weren't any appointments available and the front desk said it "wasn't their problem". We are leaving for another practice.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2012

When I moved from Brooklyn to NYC, I switched to Dr. Berwald. I was happy with my old pediatrician, but had nothing to compare her to. Now that I am using Dr. Berwald, I cannot believe the difference a great doctor makes. She not only keeps my kids healthy, but she made me a better parent with her advice. I love her holistic approach to being a doctor. When I expressed my gratitude to her, she told me that being a pediatrician is not just about treating sick kids with a prescription but about keeping kids and parents in good physical and mental health. She said she believes it is part of being a doctor. When my daughter started withdrawing. Dr. Berwald sat with her to figure out what was going on. She gave her a pep talk and apparently some good advice. I know other docs would have just recommended a psychiatrist and put her on antidepressants. My daughter is now doing grea.. I am so grateful.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2010

Dr. Berwald is the best pediatrician! Both of my kids (now 6 & 2) have been seeing her since birth, and now that we are living in NJ, I still bring them in to see her. My kids love her, and I feel very comfortable with her. She has been very open to my special requests (delayed vaccine schedule, etc.) and she is excellent with follow-up and returning messages. Truly outstanding!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

Dr. Berwarld is one of those dr's who will sit and answer any question or concern you might have about your child. My kids love her.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2009

My daughter is now 6 and has been seeing Dr. Berwald since birth. I have no complaints. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2009

Amazing. Always has time for questions and concerns. Open-minded. Very very happy with Dr. Berwald and the entire practice.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2009