Ratings for Dr. Frank A. Kunkel

This man has saved my life... He never judged me and always spoke straight up with me. In all honesty he really made a life changing moment in my life. Some people don't like his bluntness and the way he carrys himself but I took his words to heart and for once in my life I can finally say HE SAVED MY LIFE AND HIS STAFF WAS THERE FOr ME when I needed there help.. A PLUS 10#

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

I went to Dr Kunkels Pittsburgh office and it's a mess. Not only do you sit and wait for 2 hours late to be seen, but I was put on probation for a dirty urine strip of cocaine and herion! I never used that in my entire life, so it def was not an accurate test. Then two weeks later at my next app they told me I had tested positive for cocaine,herion, and Xanax on that mouth swab. They are so full of it I do not ever take these medications. I was told they are legit swabs and get sent to a legit lab. Thats the biggest lie I have ever heard! They tried to make me then go weekly and be put on a pathaway program. I said no I won't be punished for something I didn't do and left. That place is the biggest scam ever! I only met Dr Kunkel once though because I seen other doctors, but when I did meet him he was the most ignorant doctor/man I ever met in my life and actually said I was probably selling my suboxone because I didn't want to switch to subzolve. I explained that I had been on suboxone for 2 years and was doing well and didn't want to change it. He then said I was probably selling my subs. I could not believe he even said that! So rude and unprofessional. Please ppl find a different doctor and don't waste Ur time on this slob!!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

My horrific experience was surprisingly with his PA, Shoni, that's known to be "nice" and is requested to see rather than kunkel, but she is unprofessional too and so is their office staff. Their secretaries are never on time. People that have early appointments, esp 7am ones, have to wait 20 minutes for their secretaries to show up late with their McDonalds breakfast bags. Their secretaries are so late that when they show up 15-20 late, they are so scattered and rushed that they write the wrong times down on patients next appointment cards. I had a 7am last month, as always, written on my appointment card, and when I was there, Shoni refused to see me because ah said the computer time showing up for me was 8:15! I never go that late, ever. I have been 7am for a year and a half. She yelled at me and humiliated me infront of other patients in the waiting room, saying that I "need to wait, pay more attention to my scheduled time, people are in pain and I'm inconsiderate for wanting to take their time.." Avwsm felt so bad for me she let me go ahead of hey 45 min later. Shoni still didn't believe that my scheduled card said 7am. She said I ruined her day and schedule and I upset her! How nice and compassionately! I was late for work for waiting 45 minutes to be seen (later if that nice woman wouldn't have left me cut her) and guess what--I found my 7am card in my car!!! It's bad enough she spoke so unprofessionally and demeaning to me but it's even worse she said all of this infront of other patients! It seems to be Shoni 's secretaries that are always late don't pay attention and they're writing the wrong times down for people! How dare she! Even if I did make a mistake, that is no way to speak to a patient. Especially when the patient's insurance is paying you!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

I started ARS on April 28th 2015. After hearing that my insurance would cover my visits with $25 copay I excitingly went after discharging myself from a very expensive cash clinic. I have been nasty custody battle with my X and all of my tests for 18months prior to ARS were negative as I was taking only suboxone. I went to a custody follow up on June 1st and had all my test results faxed to the judge bc I knew I've been clean. To my surprise the judge read my tests from ARS were positive for cocaine & heroin (I've nver touched this drug nor have I seen it) and then ARS noted I'm doing vry well there! I was shocked with those results bc I had my own sent knowing I have been clean! I lost my precious daughters temporary until I can prove my innocence. I called ARS right after the hearing asking how this hsd happened and y if I'm supposedly positive would they not tell me. So they had me go in Pittsburgh office where I had argued with one of the docs there and with no explanation from him I left threatening a law suit. Cpl days later I get call tht big guy Frank wants to talk& I said I refuse to come back again just for them to tell me my drug screen was positive when i kno its not! She assured me it wld get resolved. Well all that jerk can tell me is that he'll "work" with me & my attorney but won't fully admit tht the drug tests are indeed bunk& that they are using good honest ppl tht r there for all the right reasons just to make xtra $$ off. Its huge money scheme and I'm going to prove it. Not only to get my kids back but Dr Frank Kunkel needs to b brought down for all the false phony tests he's given ppl! I hope that anyone this has happened to will get a letter of apologies from him when done with him! I'm getting my daughters back then I'mttaking him down. I am not one to just walk away after losing my kids,getting treated like a criminal and having my reputation ruined! DO NOT GO TO ARS plz!!!!!!

Submitted June 10, 2015

My father was referred to Dr. Kunkel by his specialist doctor. My father battles with vasculitus, fibromyalga and diabetes. My father waited in the small waiting room (a whole 9 chairs) staff didn't acknowledge him for 45 minutes of us being there. After waiting for almost an hour to be seen Dr. Kunkel said that he would write my father for sub-oxen. My father is not a pill junkie or a heroine addict. Didn't help my father at all. I do NOT recommend that you go to him.

Submitted May 19, 2015

My father has gone to.kunkle for years for his degenerative disc disease (sp) and all of the sudden he said he can no.longer see him nor refer him to.anyone, he feels his life is over. We live in Hampton township outside of Pittsburgh pa. Please can someone email me so I.can help.my dad find a doctor PLEASE. and thank you my email.is.brandylynn0810@gmail.com. Thank you

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

AVOID THIS ONE OR HAVE DEPRESSION!! I new when i enter the office there was no hope for me. He toke my co-pay knowing that he was not going to help!!! I thought you cared about people in pain. Did you ever need help . I am not drug addict but thou your eyes i was and told me to to your clinic. I AM NOT A DRUG ADDICT. THERE WAS NO HELP FOR ME! I WISH I NEVER WENT TO MY APPOINTMENT!!!!! I LEFT CRYING AND SO DEPRESSED I HAD NO WERE TO GO!!!!!!!! No one cares to help me left alone. THANK YOU!!!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

In all honesty with Dr. Kunkles suboxone practice the doctor's that work for him are pretty nice. But it said I had failed a drug screen when I know for sure I didn't. I was put on probation and that's when I had to see Dr Kunkle every week for like 3 months and found out how ignorant and rude this man was. Every time I tried to get a word in he would cut me right off! Come to find out it seemed every patient that I saw in his office were being put on probation as well and they said they knew they weren't dirty as well. Im sure some really were but I believe it is all a money making scheme. He does not care for his patients whatsoever. I am a true believer in karma and i hope it comes to him soon!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I have been being treated by Dr. Kunkel for more than five years. I have never had any of the experiences that I have been reading on this website. He does ask questions every time i see him, he is just doing his job!! I just think the drug seekers of Piitsburgh are being weeded out. I cannot say one bad thing about Dr. Kunkel. He is kind and caring.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2014

I only meet this man 1 time as a doctor the others times was vague, meaning he would come in to preform a procedure never listened to what I had to say. I continue to be in extreme pain but this doctor didn't listen, the injections didn't help me at all in fact I am not worse then I was when I started these. He acted like the injections was the mircale cure, something where he didn't have to listen and over charge us for what don't help. I spoke to my PCM and he understood and fired this doctor quickly. I am to have surgery on my back. I don't recommend this doctor for anything. He isn't god he just thinks he is.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Dr. Frank A. Kunkel's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Kaiser-Permanente