Ratings for Dr. Antonio Prado

Brought my mother for cataract surgery. The staff was extremely unprofessional, they branded my mother like a cow with a big X over the eye requiring surgery(Guess they don't know the difference between left and right). Everything was in Spanish, hello USA! The nurse actually called me "honey" when I questioned why the early follow up appt, of 7:30 AM? They give off this attitude of superiority towards the customer. Yet, the cost of each eye is around $3000. EACH! For that sort of money, I would expect at least some sort of customer service, attention to detail, and a customer first attitude. All, basic common decency traits, which none of the staff had a clue about....The office was filled(about 10 patients) at 6:30 AM, one patient after the other all with cataract issues, at $3000. each, nice gig if you can get it! I don't know this Doctor, never met him, but if he is anything like his staff( they are a reflection of him), STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

This place is a cattle call. I would never recommend them to anyone, unless you want worse vision tht when you started. No compassion or empathy from Dr or staff.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

i am very pleased with my treatment, service. Dr Prado seems to have great knowledge in his field and I reccommend to all who ask about him or are looking for an eye doctor.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

I had free consultation for LASIK surgery. I never met Dr. Prado. The assistant who calibrated my eyes, a middle aged, blonde named Linda, was cold and unprofessional to me. During the entire calibration, she used a script and spoke with a monotone. The equipment was outdated and it took her a long time. I tried to engage her in chitchat, but she was not interested. When she asked me to the room and when she let me out, she did not make eye contact and did not so much as say goodbye. She gave the impression that she could not stand to be in the same room with me. I am Asian; was this a factor in my treatment? Prado's associate---another doctor---read the results and advised that I was not a candidate for LASIK. He gave me little information, except that, "You might try ICL procedure, but we don't do that in this office." Thank goodness I did not spend $4,500+ at this office. I do not recommend this office. Go to an office with better assistants and updated equipment!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

My experiences with this so called lasik surgeon are very bad. I lost clear eyesight in one eye due to a botched surgery and had to go to another surgeon to have the mistakes reversed. I didn't drive my car for a year. I couldn't see out of one eye. This ''doctor'' sold me glasses to fix the problem and I couldn't wear them because my eyes were so dissimilar that I had deep pain in them when I tried to wear them. After a year, I found another doctor who was able to operate and fix the problem that Prada couldn't recognize. I would never recommend this man and I believe that his license ought to be revoked.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Due to his poor screening practices, LASIK surgery performed by Dr. Prado resulted in permanently impaired vision.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2005

During my visit I felt that I was treated horribly.I would NEVER recommend this doctor to my family and friends.I felt this visit was a complete waste of time and money.Overall I would rate this visit : AWFUL!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2005

Dr. Antonio Prado's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Oxford