You may also like

Rate Dr. Brian Bressler

Dr. Brian Bressler's Ratings

I have seen him for a few years, first for routine scopes and then when I was quite ill and stuck between one set of specialists and another. He was great-positive, explaining things clearly, willing to answer questions and suggest some behavioural changes I could make with diet that might help. He helped, and figured out what the problem might be, and was, that seemed to stump a few other GI doctors. He follows up, calls, and cares. I think he is a terrific doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2884208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2015

Dr Bressler is a Wonderful Doctor !! I switched to him and im sooo very please to have done so ! he takes the time and his nurses always get back to my asap and are soo kind !! They all go above and beyond to make sure im happy and healthy.. the best feeling is knowing im in good hands and if i need anything i will taken care of in the best way possible ! Thank you All !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2846107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Bressler's since 2006, when he was first starting his practice. He is the most caring, diligent and proactive doctor I have ever met.

There have been a few times that I have been very sick, and he's called me from home to ensure I was ok. He and his team worked diligently to get me into remission - with various drug trials, medications and surgery over the years - I'm finally feeling well and I owe it all to him.

There were times where I experimented with diet and alternative methods, and he always supported me. His focus though, was to get me feeling well and having high quality of life, and he didn't stop until he found me a drug that put me into remission.

He genuinely cares about his patients - and he is incredibly knowledgeable and continuously going to conferences and doing research to help improve the lives of his patients.

I was extremely lucky to be referred to see Dr. Bressler so many years ago. I know that his waitlist is long, but he's definitely worth seeing.

He is so warm and caring, but also extremely knowledgeable and proactive. I cannot recommend him enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2821509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

It took a long time to get in to see Dr. Bressler and then I saw him a few times over the course of two years. Usually there were three months between appointments due to wait times. I came away with no improvement in my symptoms and still unsure of what was going on with my body. He only looked at my issues from an IBS standpoint.

Dr. Bressler ordered a Stitz Marker test for me which I failed to complete due to the pain it caused me. He suggested several laxatives including a new prescription one called Constella which cost over $600 for the recommended 3 month trial. I had to stop taking it after two weeks because I got severely dehydrated from diarrhoea and the cramps were blindingly painful. And that was even with starting on the lowest recommended dose.

After that, at my insistence, he finally scheduled a colonoscopy for me. I am still waiting for that appointment. In the mean time my symptoms have continued to worsen. I can't eat regularly, I fast several days a week to take a break from the digestive pain, I'm now going to a chronic pain clinic, I'm seeing a psychiatrist for depression, I'm unable to work, and currently on disability.

Dr. Bressler's approach was consistently one of minimal effort on his part. Take this test, try this laxative, see this nutritionist and get back to him in three months.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2803122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Very knowledgeable and competent. Not only is it refreshing to have confidence in a doctor, it is also nice to have access to a care team whenever I have questions or concerns. From his secretary to his nurses, I am reassured that I have someone to speak to and truly feel supported with my health.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2784851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

It would be nice if he spent more time with you and tried to have a better rapport with patients. I do not count my colonoscopy appointment as a follow up appointment, but he does!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775558].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Excellent knowledge, very competent, could be a bit terse, caring manner. I am lucky to have found him as a caregiver. I would recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2719837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

Not impressed. Found him in my own opinion to be rude, condescending, unhelpful, uncaring, and didn't know what he was doing. With that said, he did remove a polyp I had so at least he did something.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2662070].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

I feel very lucky to be able to see such a cutting edge specialist such as Dr. Bressler. I thought for sure it would be months before I got in to see him and luckily for me someone had cancelled their appointment. My consultation was 2 hours long and when I left I really felt like there was finally a plan in place to get me better (suffered from severe pancolitis). I am happy to be under his care, I really feel like my health is in good hands and he really makes you feel like your health is his top priority. He is very direct and straight to the point, whis is admirable. His staff are wonderful as well, Hazel is amazing and has been able to work with me through my various appointments and my nurse Amanda has been so kind to answer any questions I have and to put me at ease when I've felt like things have been crashing down around me. This is a great team and I would highly recommend Dr. Bressler in a heartbeat.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2600956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Visited this GI doctor in March, still having issues with my stomach. Definitely left both times feeling that my case was a simple give her a prescription and she won't need to come back. No real questions or explanations given, no eye contact, no warmth. I found him rushed and quick on both occasions. Stop asking clients to close the office door, greet them and then sit down.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2600525].votes_count ]]