Ratings for Dr. Brian Bressler

I found the guy fantastic, probably saved my life. Always willing to talk, cut out several polyps from my large intestine over the years... even roused me sufficiently to see what they looked like on the screen. Incredible physician.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Request another specialist at all costs! My experience with Dr. Bressler was atrocious, cancelled appointments with now reason behind it, hour late for appointments, no empathy, lack of professionalism. After cancellations and what not I finally got my appointment I had been waiting months for, arrived at the hospital 30 minutes prior to my designated appointment, checked in with the nurses and was informed to wait in the hallway. I sat in the hallway as time passed, my appointment was at 10:00am and now it is 10:15am, knowing that Doctor Bressler probably got caught up with something important for another patient, I waited. Now 10:30, I approach the nurses if I am in the correct spot, at that time i was informed I was and the doctor should be out shortly. As I am sitting in the hallway, I am watching as people pass for some sort of entertainment, when this doctor and nurse had caught my eye as they kept making laps talking about their upcoming personal plans, vacation, weekend plans, etc. I was not sure why they caught my eye but I noticed every time they did a lap and each time my appointment was falling more and more behind. Now 11:15, a nurse finally comes out into the hallways to bring me in for my appointment, once I enter the room Dr. Bressler comes in not too long behind me, as I had not seen hm in a few months I had forgotten what he looked like. Well, upon entry into the room that doctor I had witnessed strolling the halls with coffee in hand talking about is upcoming plans.... you guessed it DR. BRESSLER. I found this extremely ignorant and unprofessional, so if you are looking for a childish doctor who is not dedicated to his patients, this is the doctor you will want to see! Not to mention, this is his track record, I have met a few other people who have had him and had nothing positive to say. Check all your options before wasting your tie with this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Don't waste your time, request anpother specialist!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I think Dr. Bressler is the best! I have always found him to be fully engaged, interested in my case, and always follows up quickly with my GP and other specialists. I read the negative reviews below and it's like those people are describing a different doctor. Dr. Bressler explains things in a way that is easy to understand and listens with compassion and even humour. He doesn't even get impatient with me when I forget to do the monthly blood tests lol. His staff is always so friendly and accommodating and phone calls are always returned in a timely fashion. Dr. Bressler is giving me my life back. I will sing his praises all day long :o)

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Had a appointment with him in the summer and talked to his Resident he seem nice and was then examined by the resident to then wait while they discuss my case in another office to have Dr Bressler come in make his opinion as to what changes in prescription. Without really speaking with us then being spoken to. He might have schooling and knowledge but his ability to stop and listen to your condition and what you have been going thru for the past years in less than 15 mins felt cold and dismissive. You travel hours to see this man who claims he is North America's leading specialist you would hope to leave feeling informed, listed to, understood, and have a joint plan as to how to proceed. It is after all your health your body and your life. And to top that off with his plan made conditions worst than ever

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

He could not diagnose hiatus hernia even I told him I have. True, the radiologist missed that picture and didn't write in the report. But he should be able to read the x-ray himself, right? He did endoscopy for me with no sedation, therefore, with strong irritation, he could not see my sphincter and my hiatus hernia, but push right through into main stomach. I was missed of diagnostic in China and he is not better than Chinese doctors in 70 and 80's.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I read the reviews about how great he was and I went to him. I saw him a number of times and was struck each time by how distracted he was...like his mind was elsewhere and he was not fully present in my consultations. He is young and seems very good but I was so bothered by his lack of "presentness". I was quite shocked by that...not a good feeling to have your doctor with you but his mind was clearly somewhere else. never felt that with a doctor before...they are usually very focused on you and what you are saying. Scary if they are not.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Very good doctor and help full Pluse looks after you from Altaf jiwani

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Going to see Dr. Bressler and his staff felt like a breath of fresh air. He listened and followed up quickly with tests or appointments. His whole staff from his receptionist, to the nurse, to the people managing the tests were kind and considerate. Makes me feel much more secure to have Bressler and his team behind me. He identified my worsening problems right away when I was transferred to him and had me into see a surgeon within a couple months. My previous GI never listened to me, taking test results over my experience, and made me feel like I was a time waster if I went over 15 minutes for my appointment. His inaction was the reason I needed emergency surgery.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Coming all the way from northern BC to finally receive the care I needed. Dr. Bressler was always great to deal with and I always left his office feeling like everything was going to be ok. He always got me in when I needed to be seen and took the time to return my calls if I needed to speak with him urgently. Out of many dr's I had seen for my ulcerative colitis he is the only one that helped me achieve remission and when I was no longer managed with medication he quickly referred me to have life changing surgery. Because of him I got my life back

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016