You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Brian Bressler

Going to see Dr. Bressler and his staff felt like a breath of fresh air. He listened and followed up quickly with tests or appointments. His whole staff from his receptionist, to the nurse, to the people managing the tests were kind and considerate. Makes me feel much more secure to have Bressler and his team behind me. He identified my worsening problems right away when I was transferred to him and had me into see a surgeon within a couple months. My previous GI never listened to me, taking test results over my experience, and made me feel like I was a time waster if I went over 15 minutes for my appointment. His inaction was the reason I needed emergency surgery.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Coming all the way from northern BC to finally receive the care I needed. Dr. Bressler was always great to deal with and I always left his office feeling like everything was going to be ok. He always got me in when I needed to be seen and took the time to return my calls if I needed to speak with him urgently. Out of many dr's I had seen for my ulcerative colitis he is the only one that helped me achieve remission and when I was no longer managed with medication he quickly referred me to have life changing surgery. Because of him I got my life back

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Because of him I was unable to get the treatment that another doctor Working in the same office as him. That doctor has since retired and I have the see this doctor who is now stating that I don't have chrones disease. It's ironic that it's a non curable disease. He looked at my history of the complications and said that I have had all the symptoms of chrones but now I don't so he can't do anything further for me. It would be logical to preform an exam at the time of complications when the body has a flare up and not 6 months later when my body has managed the flare up. Cause of this doctor if I ever go to any hospital they refuse to see me and treatment and transfer me to St. Paul's hospital. He is not worthy and needs to have his practice investigated.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I've been seeing him for years, and the longer I've been with him the worse he's been treating me. He seems rushed to get me in and out of appointments, he forgets to follow through on referrals to see other specialists, and the last time I saw him he said "I don't know what else we can do" and told me to come back in three months (and I have been getting noticeably worse lately). He's good when problems aren't severe, but as they get worse he doesn't seem interested in figuring out how to solve them.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I have seen him for a few years, first for routine scopes and then when I was quite ill and stuck between one set of specialists and another. He was great-positive, explaining things clearly, willing to answer questions and suggest some behavioural changes I could make with diet that might help. He helped, and figured out what the problem might be, and was, that seemed to stump a few other GI doctors. He follows up, calls, and cares. I think he is a terrific doctor.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

Dr Bressler is a Wonderful Doctor !! I switched to him and im sooo very please to have done so ! he takes the time and his nurses always get back to my asap and are soo kind !! They all go above and beyond to make sure im happy and healthy.. the best feeling is knowing im in good hands and if i need anything i will taken care of in the best way possible ! Thank you All !!!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Bressler's since 2006, when he was first starting his practice. He is the most caring, diligent and proactive doctor I have ever met. There have been a few times that I have been very sick, and he's called me from home to ensure I was ok. He and his team worked diligently to get me into remission - with various drug trials, medications and surgery over the years - I'm finally feeling well and I owe it all to him. There were times where I experimented with diet and alternative methods, and he always supported me. His focus though, was to get me feeling well and having high quality of life, and he didn't stop until he found me a drug that put me into remission. He genuinely cares about his patients - and he is incredibly knowledgeable and continuously going to conferences and doing research to help improve the lives of his patients. I was extremely lucky to be referred to see Dr. Bressler so many years ago. I know that his waitlist is long, but he's definitely worth seeing. He is so warm and caring, but also extremely knowledgeable and proactive. I cannot recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

It took a long time to get in to see Dr. Bressler and then I saw him a few times over the course of two years. Usually there were three months between appointments due to wait times. I came away with no improvement in my symptoms and still unsure of what was going on with my body. He only looked at my issues from an IBS standpoint. Dr. Bressler ordered a Stitz Marker test for me which I failed to complete due to the pain it caused me. He suggested several laxatives including a new prescription one called Constella which cost over $600 for the recommended 3 month trial. I had to stop taking it after two weeks because I got severely dehydrated from diarrhoea and the cramps were blindingly painful. And that was even with starting on the lowest recommended dose. After that, at my insistence, he finally scheduled a colonoscopy for me. I am still waiting for that appointment. In the mean time my symptoms have continued to worsen. I can't eat regularly, I fast several days a week to take a break from the digestive pain, I'm now going to a chronic pain clinic, I'm seeing a psychiatrist for depression, I'm unable to work, and currently on disability. Dr. Bressler's approach was consistently one of minimal effort on his part. Take this test, try this laxative, see this nutritionist and get back to him in three months.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Dr. Brian Bressler's Credentials

• UBC med school

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Going to see Dr. Bressler and his staff felt like a breath of fresh air. He listened and followed up quickly with tests or appointments. His whole staff from ..."

May 10, 2016
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "". Suite has been updated from "None" to "".

March 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Coming all the way from northern BC to finally receive the care I needed. Dr. Bressler was always great to deal with and I always left his office feeling like e..."

March 6, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Because of him I was unable to get the treatment that another doctor Working in the same office as him. That doctor has since retired and I have the see this do..."

February 26, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Arrogant and responsible for not accurately diagnosing my mother because of his inability to listen to his patients and his massive ego. "

January 28, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been seeing him for years, and the longer I've been with him the worse he's been treating me. He seems rushed to get me in and out of appointments, he for..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Bressler is a fantastic Doctor! Both my father and I see him, and he is always very helpful and understanding. "

September 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have seen him for a few years, first for routine scopes and then when I was quite ill and stuck between one set of specialists and another. He was great-posi..."

August 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Bressler is a Wonderful Doctor !! I switched to him and im sooo very please to have done so ! he takes the time and his nurses always get back to my asap and..."

June 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient of Dr. Bressler's since 2006, when he was first starting his practice. He is the most caring, diligent and proactive doctor I have ever met...."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "It took a long time to get in to see Dr. Bressler and then I saw him a few times over the course of two years. Usually there were three months between appointme..."

May 10, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgeable and competent. Not only is it refreshing to have confidence in a doctor, it is also nice to have access to a care team whenever I have questi..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "It would be nice if he spent more time with you and tried to have a better rapport with patients. I do not count my colonoscopy appointment as a follow up appo..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Excellent knowledge, very competent, could be a bit terse, caring manner. I am lucky to have found him as a caregiver. I would recommend him to others."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Not impressed. Found him in my own opinion to be rude, condescending, unhelpful, uncaring, and didn't know what he was doing. With that said, he did remove a po..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I feel very lucky to be able to see such a cutting edge specialist such as Dr. Bressler. I thought for sure it would be months before I got in to see him and l..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Visited this GI doctor in March, still having issues with my stomach. Definitely left both times feeling that my case was a simple give her a prescription and s..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Bressler not only listened to my daughter, his patient, but to me, her mother, who has been through this experience with her for her whole life. He was compa..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The first time I saw Dr. Bressler I was 18 years old. I am also a female so having a male doctor in such a delicate state I was, was very hard and nerve racking..."

October 3, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bressler is cutting edge and amazing. I have never felt so well cared for by him, his colleagues, the nursing staff and his secretary. I was impressed wi..."

September 7, 2014