You may also like

Rate Dr. Dennis W. Remington

Dr. Dennis W. Remington's Ratings

Here is a doctor who knows a lot (well studied), who takes the proper amount of time to assess, and who LISTENS, who is compassionate. Also, he specializes in candida/thrush/yeast infections, which as a 4th time breastfeeding mom I appreciate having had horrible thrush that was passed back and forth with all my babies. What he prescribed and suggested got rid of my candida-- other doctors, many of them, would not take this seriously and were afraid of prescribing what was necessary and I had been brushed aside a lot before coming to Remington's office. He also recommended a vitamin B shot, which I had never heard of before, and this DID help a lot with my fatigue issues. For me, Dr. Remington was a life saver- he helped me continue to breastfeed my babies. (!)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2895455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2015

have been going to Dr Remmington since 1980's his way of thinking differs from other doc's; he thinks out the box up to thinking differently . i was ''very'' ill 1080's then in 1990's recieved i.v. therapy saved my life. there a sweet older man other doc's told him he had a few weeks to live he recieved the i.v. could hardly walk in, few months later he was walking carrying his brief case. Doc getting older now so are we all. i have seen miracles with his medicine. kind man took care me in the hospital i recieved his food that is in his book. yes receptionist, the other lady does billing are not to kind. there was a lady in front me when i was checking out she was putting all these bottles in her purse, the receptionist accused me taking them charged me for them. mean accused me when i spoke up said shes stealing. after going there for 30 yrs. when i needed him to stand up to medicaid he refused, can't take the pressure he onced did. he has taught many his ideas to interns, they have moved on to be successful. do not ever go to dr voss that put doc R. down all the time. wanted to build himself up. he messed my leg up and was bleeding internally had to go to emergency. be nice to greeted w respect like the old days, but those people long gone. he is a worthy kind man. i came all the way bacvk to be treated again by him from another state. hope he does not retire soon, no one no one like Doc R.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2759465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. Remington is a good man that cares and listens to his patients. Though he may be a medical Dr. he is mostly concerned with candida and believes most ailments stem from it. My issue is really with his office staff. They are mean spirited women that actually talk about patients behind their backs, which is strictly prohibited under the HIPPA privacy rule. They are unfriendly and make you feel like you are bothering them if you try to ask questions. I believe that if the Dr. changed his staff to kind-hearted, caring people, his practice would thrive. I must say though that the allergy lady and the physical therapist lady are both very kind.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2691180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

I really like dr. Remington. He spent a whole hour or more asking questions, listening, and explaining. He was very thorough so that he could find out what is causing my ailment. My only complaint is the staff. The ladies that work there, except for the lady that does the allergy testing, never smile, and aren't friendly and patient. They have the attitude of "I'm doing you a huge favor just by being here for you even though you're the patient and you're paying". I've called the office twice because I needed information on something, and the receptionist/s sounded like she/they (they because I don't know if I spoke with the same person each time) sounded like they couldn't wait to hang up the phone and like they couldn't care less. They hung up without even say bye or have a good day. Rude. The staff needs to either be changed or taught how to have better customer service and professionalism.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2464385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

I am amazed in the arogance of this office to have me wait in the exam room for almost 2 hrs. This was the 2nd of 2, and final visit. I waited in the exam room 1 hr. and 20 min. my first visit, thinking it was an exception rather than the rule. I went to Dr. Remington honestly with an open mind and optimistic, after reading reviews. He must be treating a large number of family members for the reviews, because me experience was anything but positive. To his credit, he will spend a good amount of time with you in the exam room, unfortunately it's not quality time. He talks more than he listens, everything that ales you is due to bad bacteria in the gut and allergies. If you go, do not let him talk you into his quack $40 allergy test (electro diagnostic)- quackwatch.org. The receptionist have absolutely no personality or sympathy. There is a time and place for everything but if you have been struggling with an ale meant for some time- don't waste any more time here.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2085018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2013

Dr. Remington has been a life-saver. I had severe allergies for years, to the point where I couldn't go out in public, could hardly eat. His low-dose allergen regimine cured me of most allergies, and has helped make the others manageable. No matter what your ailment, he takes the time to go beyond the norm in advising you and helping you.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2085017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2013

Dr. Remington saved my husbands life. After years of being sick and losing so much weight, Dr. Remington was able to diagnose and treat his illness quickly. A lot of ideas are different and treatment requires compliance and patience, but it worked for us. I too saw him for fatigue and depression issues. His treatment works if you follow it.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2085016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2012

I too saw Dr. Remington after testing positive on Lyme tests. I was told my appointment would be a two-hour visit and I needed to fill out all the paperwork beforehand. I did my part. I was literally in his office almost four hours, but saw him a total of 30 minutes tops! His approach with Lyme is to clear the yeast first, get the body in the best health and then add antibiotics "if necessary." I won't comment on that. That's personal opinion. But...during the 30 minutes I did see him, he kept telling me about his vast knowledge on Lyme and the books about Lyme authored by himself. I did not feel the exam was thorough. He ran some allergy testing with a homeopathic device. Whether or not you believe in the accuracy of those devices is personal opinion. I did not go to him again due to the waiting time and because I did not feel he was personable or timely. I also prefer ILADS knowledgeable docs to his Lyme treatment approach. To me, he came across as very narcissistic.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2085015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2012

I have really loved working with Dr. Remmington. I think he is a great doctor whom I can trust. I have found that the nurses are the same way. I however am baffled by the receptionist. I have never felt so unwelcome at a doctor's office before. I feel like they find me a burden when I check in, make appointments, confirm appointments. I think it is a shame that that is what patients first meet when they get to the office, considering that Dr. Remmington does such a fine job.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2085014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2012

My daughter had eczema so badly that I could not send her to Kindergarten. I had spent well over $5000 with other doctors who did nothing more than prescribe hydrocortisone creams and tell me she would grow out of it. I took her to multiple doctors with the same results including primary children's, UofU medical centers and one other holistic doctor. When we visited Dr R. he ran tests and informed us that our daughter had not only eczema but MERSA something no other doctor had found and tested her for sensitivities to food, her environment, and animals. She had over 48 sensitivities show up, this is something we had been telling her other Drs repeatedly but none listened. She couldn't sit by friends with pets, walk by the scented candle isle or eat anything besides rice cakes, without turning bright red. We took her to an allergist who said she was not allergic to any of these. Dr R gave her LDA shots and after 5 sessions she could eat anything and hold kittens and smell candl

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2085013].votes_count ]]