Ratings for Dr. Boris Gelfand

Everything is a bother to him; does not listen carefully to your symptoms and yells at you if you have questions. Very rude and obnoxious.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Excellent doctor, very caring, deeply knowledgeable. He was able to tweak my meds so that I had benefits without side effects - something my endocrinilogist failed to do!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2008

I will not be going back. Wait time was over an hour. He acted as if he was doing me a favor and as if he didn't want to hear my symptoms- he cut me off and said "seven problems, one answer", wrote a prescription and that was it. What he prescribed had side effects - namely fatigue, diziness, earache, and ringing in the ears. When I called him in the evening to find out what I should do, he brushed it off as "it's just side effects" and then yelled at me for calling him in the evening over "just an earache". He then got off the phone and had a fit while his wife tried to mend the situation with me by recommending a few ear, nose, and throat doctors. Long story short, a few months later my ear still rings and I am seeking alternative medicines to hopefully heal it. By the way, he prescribed neomyxin, which I've just found out is indeed damaging to the ears. A better response would have been to take me off the neomyxin, which the ear, nose, throat doctor immediately did when I saw him.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2007

Abrasive and uninterested, with a crude sense of humor. I'd complained of a recurring pain repeatedly for several years which he just wrote off to my imagination. During my last phone call to him, he actually said that I ought to get my nerves checked and hung up the phone! I switched doctors and the new one almost instantly diagnosed me with an appropriate condition so I was finally able to get treatment.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2005

Dr. Boris Gelfand's Credentials

• Creole

• Latvian Med Academy, Riga, Latvia (Fn: 594-01) (Grad. 1963)

Champ Va