Ratings for Dr. A. Balsys

this is not a dr stay away ,he definitely will criticize your case and he will said everything in your head even if you have feet pain

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

this dr is completely terrible no need to talk more if your gp referred you to this dr don't accept it

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

This incompetent doctor is a jerk and he looks like one as well so beware!! My husband was referred to this clinic by our GP to figure out his condition. Instead of getting a doctor that cares, this was the doctor that had asssited him. Everything the reviewers mentioned here is true. He doesn't care, he's quick to make judgment (he told my husband to see a psychiatrist because everything is in his head), he tried to use our marriage as a reason for his health, and did not take anything my husband said into consideration. This issue my husband has is going on for 5 years, it's not in his head. This appointment felt more like a drive thru than an actual doctors appointment. Don't waste your time.

Submitted June 27, 2017

TERRIBLE, this man is condescending and rude. He shows no interest in the patient and is quick to make ridiculous judgments. Don't waste your time you will only leave feeling frustrated and without any help. He needs to have his license taken away. He is not helping people.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

TERRIBLE! Is the only word to describe this doctor. I came from out of province and seriously worst experience I have ever had. He 1st told me there was nothing wrong with me cause I looked fine then asked what I did for a living which is a Occ Heath Nurse and he looked at me and told me I wasn't or I'd know there was nothing wrong. He then went on to tell me I was only there for narcotics (which I never once asked for) I looked him straight in the eye and told him he is by far the worst dr I've ever come in contact with. He told me he wasn't going to give me drugs for my pain that was just in my head cause I could still walk from the waiting rm to the medical rm. My response was I never once asked for any type of drug!!!!!!! I went down the road to a different dr who was 100% better turned out I have a fracture in my knee after the second dr looked at me bent my knee once and said u need an X-ray ASAP. Turns out it wasn't just in my head. Again only word for him is TERRIBLE!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

Very Bad!!! Oh my God, in a country like Canada,we have Physicians like him! Even in third world countries, one will never find such "empty barrels: like that one. May God see his deeds and punish him accordingly. I took my brother there 2 days back, without even touching him, doing any blood work etc, he told him that he was ok. He even told him that he should get back to work unless he wants to be fired! My bro was barely able to speak, he was falling down and that nutcase told him that he was acting smart. Went to the hospital, and to my disblief, he was diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus, blood sugar was 32!! HAd we waited or listened to what the guy had said, may be my bro would have been dead or in coma! How can people be so aweful. Ontario college should act harsh on these people!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

STAY AWAY!!! I have had the unfortunate experience of having to see Dr. Balsys on 3 occasions. I was mis-diagnosed on all visits and he has the bedside manor of a rattle snake. He looked at me with disgust and attributed my health problems to my weight. Said I had no swollen glands and no problem, barely touched them when i pointed out they were huge and hurt. Did not prescribe anything, went right across the street within 10 minutes and got complete different diagnosis from another doctor, who showed compassion and understanding. All three visits resulted in being mis-diagnosed or given completely useless medications!Balsys is not a doctor and is a horrendous human being. I overheard him on two other visits with other patients lecturing them about their weight, their smoking and not in a nice way. He is a rude, nasty person who should be barred from practicing. If he ever spoke to my family the way he spoke to the other patients, he would be sued! I WILL NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

This Doctor is the worst. I wish the Royal Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons would read this board and take away this guy's license. Rude, and not the least bit thorough. I went in for back pain he wiggled my foot and said there was nothing wrong with me. I asked him what could be causing the pain and he shrugged again. He made me feel like I was a hypochondriac which I most certainly am not. Like most people on this board I will have to seek another opinion so our tax dollars have to pay for two visits to keep this guy in business. This clinic is really pulling from the bottom of the barrel with this Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011