Ratings for Dr. Jennifer M. Morris

Staff does not return phone calls. Cannot leave any message after hours. Terrible customer service.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Morris for 10 years. I started seeing her when she was in Bethany, then followed her to different Edmond locations. Dr. Morris has always been great & listened to how I was doing. She is very knowledgeable, not only about stuff in her field, but even general medical stuff. I have always been amazed. No matter what I brought up medically, she knew something about it & has even recommended good medical doctors. She knows psychiatric medications very well. She explains why she has chosen a given medication & answers Amy questions you may have. If she does not have the answer, she is willing to say so & look it up right then on her computer. She has always been open to outside information I have brought in (articles, etc.) She helped me through a couple of very difficult times in my life w/bad depression/anxiety. I read all the comments here thus far & there is some things I would like to say that some people may not like. First, they are right about phone calls. I never get an actual person, only VM, but they do call back usually next business day. Second, many people talk about how rude the staff is. I have encountered some of the things mentioned, such as being charged for a missed appointment. Hey, I know the policy...24 hour cancellation notice or you will be charged. It was 'ouchy,' but I knew I didn't call prior to 24 hours, so I sucked it up & paid it. Every doctor I know has similar policy. Third, the office staff. They can come across a bit stern sometimes, but let's be 'real' here for a minute. It's an office that sees mental patients. If they ignored their policies & allowed this person to break that one & another person to slide on another one, they would be running a circus instead of a medical practice. I agree that when patients need a medication refill, they should get a timely response (if the doctors wants them to continue that medication). If the doctor does not want them to continue that medication, there should be a response on that too. Many psychiatric medications require a gradual tapering off, instead of an abrupt discontinuation. A response to pharmacy or patients concerning medication is important. If the medication is not working for you or you don't think it's right, unfortunately, you usually have to wait until your next appointment or see a nurse practitioner. I have seen probably 5 or 6 different psychiatrist over the past 25 years here in OKC. Most were all about the $$$. I have had them refuse to refill my prescription because I had an outstanding balance, causing me to run out of the medication 'cold turkey.' I have doctors that were cold & uncaring. This has not happened to me w/Dr. Morris. It may take a day or two, but they always respond to my pharmacy refill request. If Dr. Morris wants to cease or change a medication, she waits until my next appointment. I only encountered one other doctor that seem to care as much as Dr. Morris. He worked @ OU & unfortunately moved to Ada. There have been times while seeing Dr. Morris that I did not have insurance for one reason or another. I won't go into detail, except that she worked w/me to continue my care. If the subject of psychiatriatry comes up, I always say...'I will be Dr. Morris' patient as long as she will be my doctor.' She has started a growing family now & seems a little more rushed, but I do understand that she has a life outside the office.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Horrible experience with Dr. Morris and staff! Was seeing her for over two years and trusting her(she was my dr!!), was over medicated!! I now have problems in result of getting off all 5 meds! I do NOT recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

Rescheduled one appointment days in advance and called and cancelled day of appointment due to weather which made it impossible to travel to Edmond. Was fired. Had seen her for many years prior. Received very nasty and degrading letter. She always had a holier than thou attitude.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr. Morris is friendly, knowledgeable, and open. She values my opinion in our treatment plan. However, her receptionist is the opposite. No person-person skills, seems like she is on a power trip for some reason. Have gone there for 2.5 years because Jennifer is great but with a nice person at the front desk it would make it a much better experience.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Their staff changes all the time. They can't keep good help. The good help leaves! I can't blame them. The receptionist is a poor, poor image of their clinic. Unbelievably rude! It's a horribly run office with incompetent staff. They used to have a very nice lady that handled new patients, but unfortunately she left. Seriously, go somewhere else. They are very robotic and I don't feel they care for their patients. Give it a month. Their staff will once again change.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Worst office staff. . Very rude, Very poor communicating; rarely returned phone calls. Find another Psychiatrist!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Great experience; I am so glad to have found this doctor

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Dr. Morris really cares about her patients. She takes plenty of time to talk to me and always remembers what was going on in my life the previous time we spoke. She wants to find out what is causing the problems, and she will keep working until the problem is solved. She is not simply interested in prescribing meds; she actually tries to do what she can to get me off of medication. She is a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Glad I read these reviews after calling. The receptionist was rude and sounds like all they want is cash upfront. They don't want to deal with your insurance company; just want your money and that is it. $280 for a consultation??? Really?? No thanks : )

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Jennifer M. Morris's Credentials

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 73190 (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Edmond, OK