Ratings for Dr. Robert W. Richards

Went to several "counselors" all were not helpful at all... Dr Richards truely cares and helped me through a very difficult time (for me, was heaven sent).

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Dr. Richards is very good, except for his management of his staff. His staff is awful. They are mean and treat his patients terribly. I never understood why his staff was so ill-tempered and ugly to anyone who walked through the door, because Dr. Richards is very kind and helpful. I ended up leaving his practice as a patient because his staff's conduct was so bad.

Submitted January 24, 2016

I have to say that Dr. Richards is the only psychiatrist in Greenville I trust. I think the 2 qualities a good physician has to have are the ability to listen and curiosity. Dr. Richards is one of the rare doctors who has both. He actually thinks of mental health in terms of brain chemistry - what might be off whether too low or too high - but he also gets the big picture too. Our problems are not only caused by chemical imbalances in the brain, but also what we do and what we say to ourselves about what's going on. Instead of just making knee-jerk decisions about medication or therapy, he actually thinks about what would be the best course. His knowledge is amazing - whether it's the latest studies or basic neuroscience. I can't recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Listen up people! I have seen dr Richards in the past and several others. I thought I had found the "answer" to all my problems with his diagnosis. After years of every medication I can think of I was tested for the MTHFR gene mutation which I've had homozygous for years. This doctor made me believe I was out of all options and couldn't help any more. I think he has serious OCD the way he treated me always reading things to a stifling degree of detail. Sometimes a good quality for doctors but can get annoying. Hate the manager there. He seemed to be well rounded until I realized he didn't even try to find a MEDICAL reason for my issues. He's not the only one, but most psychiatrists don't want you to find out it could just be medical. You can guess why! He needs to retire already. I'm glad I don't see him anymore!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr. Richards is great. He's the first Dr I've trusted with my son and my own care. He's always attentive and concerned. He's willing to work around my schedule with early morning appts. He's great

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Dr. Richards is excellent. He makes me feel comfortable and I trust him with the meds he prescribes me, and from a confidentiality standpoint. I have had no problems with the front desk; they are very nice to me. My copay of $10 was after having met my deductible; otherwise, I would have to pay $100 per visit I believe.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

Dr. Richards is absolutely hands down the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. He is compassionate and careful to make sure he is making the right decisions with his patients input which leads to a much better self managed care experience. The office staff have been wonderful with the exception of the office manager who was completely rude when addressing concerns she had about my son's account. It is a shame my experience has been tainted by her ill mannered attitude. She definitely needs to be more understanding, compassionate and treat others with respect no matter the situation. Her professionalism really takes away from the positive experiences of everyone else there.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Dissapointed,truly. Thinking you've found the best caring Doctor but sincerely spoiled by the office manager (she doesn't mind telling you how long she has been there). Dr. Richards would probably have higher ratings if he started over with a new staff and an attitude of love for his patients.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Awesome doctor. Kind and considerate. Takes time to talk with me and really listens. Best psychiatrist in town.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Dr. Robert W. Richards's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)