Ratings for Dr. Mary Kanashiro

Something happened to this office. It was good and Dr. Kanashiro spent plenty of time with patients. However, now she will not return calls and the physician's assistant sent us on a huge run-around. We were very rudely told to go to the hospital, then told the Dr. doesn't admit patients, which is weird and untrue. Called back for help and were demeaned again. 4 or 5 emergency calls for the Dr.'s help and advice during medical emergency w/no help, just mean and ignorant responses from assistant - 2 trips to emergency with no help and just bile from office. The circle-jerk the office put us on caused additional pain, suffering and lack of necessary treatment in a timely manner. I'm angry, heart-broken and in total disbelief at the treatment received by the office of Dr. Kanashiro . The ethical thing to do would've been to just state that she no longer would like to continue as our Dr. and refer us to someone else. Instead the office sent us on a painful, neglectful, damaging and confusing trip - for no understandable reason. Just a terribly heart-wrenching and awful experience that delayed necessary medical help. They should be ashamed of themselves.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Dr Kanashiro has been my mother's doctor for many years. She's a compassionate , knowledgable Doctor. I visit many doctors before her,. Doctor Kanashito common sense, down to earth, smartest approach helped my mother and I to deal with different physical and mental issues. I also love the way she liistens to the patient, not me, with respect and understanding.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

We have been going to Dr. Kanashiro for 15 years. She is the best. Yes, you have to wait a long time in the waiting room to see her. But she spends as much time on you as she does on everyone else. My husband has had many illnesses and has been hospitalized several times. She has always been there day and night. She finds the right sources to help with the healing. She is brilliant and on top of things. We have the greatest respect for her. So grateful to have found her.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Dr Kanashiro is an excellent, knowledgeable physician who is up to date on the latest treatment and connected with with outstanding specialists. She has been my doctor for over 15 years.She works early and late and looks out for her patients.She is patient and thorough.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2009

She is kind and compassionate very kowledgeable

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

The waiting room time is horrible!! Whenever I get an appt, I always wind up sitting in the exam room for over an hour. Her english isn't very understandable, and she doesn't take time to thoroughly explain test rsults.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

I used to go to Dr. Kanashiro for years. She was always great about getting me in touch with a specialist for when something out of the ordinary was wrong, but was great with ear infections and other simple stuff. But not it is impossible to get in to see her. She has two offices which is a pain, especially if you have a lot of medical problems, your file isn't always at th right office. Her accent is very thick, it wasn't a problem for me but others in my family had a lot of difficulty. She is however, very nice and I always felt comfortable with her.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2007

Doctor is quite knowledgeable and kind, but should take more time to read charts before appointment. There is a very long wait in the waiting and exam rooms.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2007

Don't waste your time!!! Dr. Kanashiro doesn't speak English very well and seems to get annoyed when you have to constantly ask her what it is that she just said. Additionally, she has a poor bedside manner as she left me on the examining table during a breast exam while she answered another phone call right there in the room with me regarding another patient of her's.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2006

This doctor has the bedside manner of a maggot. She has treated my parents. She makes too many life decisions without consulting the family.She is absolutely unorthodox, unethical, and unprofessional in her handling of the patients needs. I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2006

Dr. Mary Kanashiro's Credentials

• Univ Nac Mayor De San Marcos, Prog Acad De Med Humana, Lima, Peru (Grad. 1978)

Top Hospitals in Tinley Park, IL