Ratings for Dr. Nelson L. Turcios

He has helped get my sons asthma under control where his previous Dr. couldn't. Always friendly and professional .

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

My daughter have been treated for asthma and allergies for 3 years, but no medication would help with her cough. When I went to his office she had been coughing for 2 weeks with just little breaks. He was able to stop the cough on the first visit. She hasn't been coughing since then. Tt turned out her cough is due to stress and anxiety....over basically everything. School work, playing instrument eating candy, watching tablet. What dr. Turcios did for us seems impossible....most compassionate, wonderful & knowledgeable doctor I know.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

My experience with doctor Turcios was life changing since my son and I had been to four hospitals, two primary doctors , and one other pulmonologist before we came to doctor Turcios to get properly diagnosed. He is intelligent, helpful, and spent plenty of time with us. His office staff was helpful as well with follow up phone calls and appointments and we were completely satisfied and would go back time and again. Dr. Turcios even answered the phone and took us in the same day when his office staff couldn't get to the phone. That is so much more personal than having an answering machine retrieve my call.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Staff is rude, and they make critical mistakes. When concerning the lungs, Dr. Turcios is knowledgeable, however, when he's finished saying or "explaining" his instructions, he's done. He quickly rushes out the room and his thick accent doesn't help neither. The issues I came for did get fixed, but there are too many negatives so I wouldn't go back.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Unethical rude doctor. Came in 1 hour late. And had the nerve to talk down to me.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Turcios is an awesome Dr. He helps manage my CF. He knows his stuff and is always up on the new therapies and medications. Kayla, the nurse is awesome. I highly recommend Dr. Turcios.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Such a compassionate, caring doctor with so much patience. Answered all our questions and was very thorough. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

Dr. Turcios is Amazing! My son has asthma and his lungs were constantly filling with mucous, my pediatrician was overwhelmed with his condition and fearful he would get pneumonia so she referred me to go to a pulmonologist pf my choosing. I found Dr. Turcios and it has been a blessing! He is very proactive and treats my son at the first sign of an asthma flare up which has improved the quality of my sons life, he can sleep through the night without coughing every hour and his lungs now only become congested when has an illness. Even then it doesnt last long because Dr. Turcios stops it in its tracks. I would recommend him to anyone, he cares about his patients and he is a knowledgeable doctor who gets the job done. The office staff is also very nice and I have never waited more than 15 mins. Overall Dr. turcios and is team get a A++++++++ from me! My sons health has greatly improved and is stable thanks to them!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

I was very disappointed with my visit with this doctor.His staff was very friendly and took me to the room promptly , the doctor was not in the facility and I waited for him about 20 minutes in the room and when he did show up he took a personal call on his phone, and continued to examine my child. I feel that he was very unprofessional by taking that phone call and feel as if he could have misdiagnosed my child. Its very frustrating because we give him our business.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

great doc, helpful, friendly, effective treatment plan

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Dr. Nelson L. Turcios's Credentials

• Univ De El Salvador, Fac De Med, San Salvador, El Salvador (Grad. 1973)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal