Ratings for Dr. Marc D. Benevides

Marc it's me Troy the man you misdiagnosed "you don't have cancer " I still got the voice mail you hastily left and that maniac lab technician how is she still mixing up results oh let's not forget your natzie nurse manager who lied about me I am still here your black balling me almost killed me unable to get any one to see me because you doctors formed a conglomerate to push price controls up wow money you put money first I tell everyone I meet about you your a self centered bad doctor your never forgotten Marc I think of you daily you did harm to me

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I feel fortunate to have returned to NC to retire. Prior leaving NC for 3 years Dr Benevedies was my Urologist for 8 years and I always felt extremely comfortable discussing my issues, appreciated clear answers and his personal touch. After being gone for 3 years he remembered much of our previous discussion with my file folder closed. I feel I am in good hands.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

My husband went to Dr. Benevides in Nov. 2014 for high PSA and bladder problems. When my husband called to get the results he asked the nurse to explain the levels. Shortly after that, the doctor called and left a voice message which we still have saying my husband didn't have cancer and he would no longer treat him. Dr. Benevides sent a certified letter saying he would not treat him. Since this doctor is part of an association, my husband was not able to see any doctor in this area. A retired doctor, Dr. Unger, helped my husband who was passing blood clots and got him a doctor. He had an aggressive form of bladder cancer and prostate cancer which he underwent surgery 2 weeks ago. My husband is still in the hospital and almost died due to Dr. Benevides not only refusing to treat him but making it impossible to get another doctor. He is a very dangerous man who does not like to be questioned by a patient. Dr. Benevides came very close to killing my husband who had an aggressive form of bladder and prostate cancer.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

I am very fortunate to have Dr. Benevides managing my health issues. He is not only a competent physician, but his style and personality is fantastic!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I've seen Dr. Benevides twice now and each time I've found him to be very attentive and personal. He's extremely easy to talk to and genuinely listens to your problems. Dr. Benevides has taken care of my problems with the care and professionalism you should expect in every doctor. I'd highly recommend him to anyone seeking a urologist.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I feel extremely fortunate that my family doctor referred me to Dr Benevides. He is down to earth, listens, and easy to talk to. He performed surgery on me and the after effects were much less severe than published information indicated. He encouraged me to seek other opinions and options before deciding on surgery. I would highly recommend Dr Benevides to anyone needing a urologist.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Went to Dr. Benevides for 2nd opinion on prostate cancer and ended up with him doing robotic prostatectomy. Many doctors I spoke to said he is most experienced in the area and it shows. Four weeks out my recovery has been great. Before surgery he spent time with me and my wife discussing options and he insisted I get 2nd opinions on non-surgical choices. He was straightforward about the risks and long term effect. Follow up has been very good. Only minor point is that the staff is occasionally slow returning calls and I've had to call back. Once connected, though, they've been very helpful. Cary office is new and very nice. Overall, he was very personable, professional and honest. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Benevides for over 8 years. I appreciate his scope of knowledge and skill, but I most appreciate his kindness, compassion and concern for me as a patient and a person.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

Very nice, respectfull doctor. Have had him for several years, and he's always listened well, helped in every way he could, and is an excellent surgeon. He knows his field.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2008

a very knowledgeable doctor,and a very caring person.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2008

Dr. Marc D. Benevides's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

GHI