Ratings for Dr. Gregory J. MacKay

Dr. Mackay and the staff at Atlanta Plastic & Reconstructive Specialists are incredible. I couldn't be any happier with every step of the entire process. I am a 29-year-old that has had extremely large breasts my entire life (36E). They caused back/shoulder pain and a lot of discomfort for as long as I can remember. Besides being heavy, they were very saggy and unsightly. I was never comfortable in my own skin (seriously, I refuse to even look at my before photos). I finally decided enough was enough and scheduled a consultation with Dr. Mackay. From my consultation to my final follow up, Dr. Mackay and his staff made sure I was well informed, comfortable and prepared. The surgery facility is beautiful and they don't keep you waiting. I was in and out in 5ish hours (including prep & recovery). Dr. Mackay's office called me the day after surgery to check on me and answered all questions. It was the smoothest and easiest process ever. The worst part of the whole process was being allergic to the tape they used and being miserable with scratching. I am now 4 months post-op and a 36C and I could not be any happier. I finally feel comfortable in my own skin, can wear cute clothes AND order bras online (all my big boob girls, you know that's impossible when you're over a size D). DId I mention I finally fit into cute bralettes and bathing suit tops!? My only regret is that I didn't have this procedure years ago! If you are looking for the best, visit Dr. Mackay!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Had breast reconstruction/reduction after surgery for breast cancer. Very caring, professional, and a perfectionist. VERY happy with results. Radiologist and her PA said they thought that it was one of the better jobs they had seen in a while. Would absolutely recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I've recently undergone breast reconstruction by Dr. Mackay. I have been extremely pleased with him and his entire staff. Everyone from front office staff, to back has been kind and knowledgeable. Dr. Mackay is a perfectionist, and is truly passionate about his work. I am shocked that there are any bad reviews about him. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have him as my surgeon. He has helped turn a very unpleasant situation into a very good end result. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of breast reconstruction.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Dr. Mackay is an amazing doctor. Along with his staff you will truly have an amazing experience with whatever you are hoping to have changed. I had my upper eyes done and everyone thinks I am so much younger lookng. Kudos to him.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Mackey is a terrible doctor! I had surgery with him 3 years ago. He botched my breasts..ladies don't walk..run away from him! :(

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Breast reconstruction excellent job. Compassionate and caring.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Surprised to find negative reviews as I have found my experience with Dr. Mackay and his staff more than satisfactory. He is a skilled surgeon and a perfectionist!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Dr. Mackay was nothing less than shocking. As with all doctors, you have to fill out a medical history. It was quite clear upon meeting that he hadn't bothered with even a glance. He asked me about a disease I didn't have, twice. Also as I have noticed from other reviewers, he really has a problem if you are overweight at all. I went to see him about my breasts and he was terribly insulting as well. Don't waste your money here. If I hadn't wanted to change something, I wouldn't be in a plastic surgeon's office. I can insult myself! Don't need to pay for it. Terribly rude!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Absolutely horrible. Couldn't get out of his office fast enough! This is not a doctor I could recommend for even a consultation. I would never trust his medical advice! Run...

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

I could never in good conscience refer him to anyone. I feel that he gave me actually detrimental health advice. In the end seven other doctors disagreed with him as well.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Dr. Gregory J. MacKay's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)