Ratings for Dr. Michael Gitlin

This dentist s so incompetent I'm surprised he still has a practice. Not only did he turn me over to an associate who drilled my lower molar to accommodate an upper crown & broken adjoining tooth but told my son he needed a root canal which I refused & another dentist agreed was not needed just a sealant. Run do not walk out of this office in Bethpage. PS office staff not the friendliest or knowledgeable about insurances & procedures . Worst place ever!!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Employees were very helpful and accommodating. Very satisfied with work done and services.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

This doctor is totally rude and unprofessional!! At the sight of hearing my insurance would most likely not pay because x-rays were done recently; rather than asking if I could pay out of pocket he turned around and marched out of the room saying well there is nothing that to be done! leaving his staff to apologize.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

Mean front desk staff and racist. The Dr. tells everyone they need a root canal or surgery. Other dentists refuse to work on me after the work that he did.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

You know that clean feeling after you leave the dentist? You won't get that here. Don't go to this dentist's office. I just came from my first visit there (62 Rivington) for a check up and cleaning. I knew a disappointing experience was coming when I made an appointment and they forgot to write it down but figured, hey, it's just a cleaning and my insurance pays for it anyway. The place needed a cleaning and the staff kept speaking Spanish to me for some reason. Not only was the lady (dentist?) who cleaned my teeth not friendly, she did a terrible job with just a scrapie thing and some fluoride and didn't even floss my teeth! It doesn't even feel like she did anything at all. After she was done she simply said she was done, took the paper bib off while stuff fell off it on me and left the room. She didn't even clean the outside of my mouth and during the procedure water was dripping over the side of my mouth. I'll try to reach the actual Dr. Gitlin to complain.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

Great personality, deep knowledge of dentistry , clean office

flag | Submitted February 4, 2008