Ratings for Dr. Andrew Moran

I have had Doctor Moran since i moved in this area. A very caring doctor but very busy. I was so greatful for years. But he has changed . When he sees me in the room i talk about what or how i am feeling . The next min he is gone. Left the room forgot about me as i was not done talking to him. He disappeared me not knowing where he is. I ask the girls where did Dr. Moran go . He is in another room with another patient. Om this has happened more then a few times. I really like him. But i feel like being rushed and can't talk. I don't like this as my gealth is important to me.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

So lucky to have him as my GP. He is quick, smart and truly understands your issues in minutes. He also gives his time and skill to a big community and helps at another Hospital. As a patient I have never had to wait even five days to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

always approachable his time is very limited as he runs a walk in clinic. truly sorry i left him as my GP so many years back when i moved.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

Supportive, knowledgeable and no- nonsense. Down-to-earth and works with you without ever being patronizing or autocratic. A true gift to have him as your GP. He is a true stand-out in this era of non-patient-centred health care. Excellent availability and always works with you with kindness and efficency to get to the crux of the matter asap.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

As an immigrant in the middle of a pregnancy, in a city with a shortage of family doctors, I was desperate for a family doctor and Dr. Moran was close by. However, in addition to being seemingly often drunk or hungover, he doesn't seem capable of doing much other then prescribing antibiotics. I begged him mid-migraine at two days postpartum for migraine medication that was compatible with breastfeeding because I was unable to take care of my baby due to the pain, and he said, "well...why don't ye call Motherisk and make an appointment and I'll give you what they say?" So I had 36 more hours of migraine, and then several more migraines before I could see Dr. Moran again, since the earliest available appointment was weeks later. Ironically, he would prescribe anything I asked without checking or asking questions about my medical history, which is convenient but a questionable quality in a doctor. He refused to give advice postpartum on pain, saying I should check with the OB, who of course refused to see me until the six-week appointment. He was also extremely averse to touching me when I needed to have an abdominal mass examined, and his office messed up a referral to a gynecologist for the mass so that I could not see a gyno until seven months after I asked for the referral. He refuses to make definitive diagnoses and said I should see specialists, but it was very hard to get him to refer me to specialists, and when I did, they were all horrifically bad, since he doesn't seem to have any connections to good ones. His staff, when given paperwork to get the results of my thyroid biopsy from the hospital, obtained the "results" of my entire pregnancy, which had been over for seven months, instead, and informed me that my pregnancy had been "normal." When I went to his office as a walk-in patient to get a pregnancy test, they didn't call me back to arrange for me to get the results of my pregnancy test until I was almost done with the first trimester and already on bed rest, which I told them, yet they insisted that I come in anyway because they could not divulge the results--which I already knew--over the phone. I guess they need every OHIP card swipe they can get so they can boost their revenue! He's not a real family doctor and does not perform the full range of family doctor services, and I would not trust him as a walk-in clinic doctor either.

Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Andrew Moran is both compassionate and professional. He cares about his patients and has helped my family whenever they needed him. He brings a small town family doctor quality to a very busy practice. We rely on him completely for his health advice and have the utmost confidence in him.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Dr Moran had been our family doctor for over 20 years and I would recommend him to everyone! Even when we moved an hour's travel away we stayed with him! (And eventually moved closer again.). Though the staff leave MUCH to be desired - I wish they would be replaced - make sure the doctor is VERY clear when he gives them directions and keep on them about referrals and insurance forms!!!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

DR. MORAN IS A VERY NICE AND CARING DOCTOR,, HE GIVES REFERRALS WITHOUT MUCH QUESTIONS AND HAS BEEN VERY SUPPORTIVE IN MY DECISIONS OF TREATING MY RA NATURALLY. HE IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND HELPFUL EVERY TIME I SEE HIM,, ALWAYS SMILING TOO, MAKES ME FEEL VERY WELCOME.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Dr. Moran is the absolute BEST doctor in the world. As my family physician, he has treated me for over two decades and I can not say enough good things about this man. He is thorough and has always treated me very well. I have been very fortunate to have this doctor as my family physician!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

Dr. Moran is the most amazing Doctor, I have ever encountered. He has treated my family for many years and has always been very thorough. He has made referrals when needed and followed through with all tests as they were completed. He's very knowledgeable in his medical field. I honestly don't know what we would have done without him! I'm glad that he has treated us over the years and I honestly hope he never decides to return to Ireland!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011