Ratings for Dr. Thomas J. Nordstrom

It is not even 3 weeks since my total hip replacement and I am walking around and doing great. Dr. Nordstrom listened, explained and followed-up in a caring and engaged way. I would not hesitate to send anyone to him. He listened to my concerns and let me make some of my own decisions regarding anesthesia and medications. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

When I had increasing duel concerns regarding my knee and my orthopedist, I accepted the advice of a couple of people to get a second opinion. They both suggested Dr. Thomas Nordstrom. In my consultation with him, I brought all prior paperwork, x-rays and a poorly executed MRI. He engaged himself in conversation with me. He has the approach of a man who has done this hundreds and hundreds of times (which he has) but understood that I have not. This experience of a banged up knee is a first for me. He approached it as such and for that, I was appreciative. He was engaging in our discussions. He listens. He pays attention. He breaks down what is going on and what needs to be done to repair it. In my case with a meniscus tear, he spoke of shaving it. He explains the repair process. He delves into the post-repairing process and importance of rehabilitation. He is specific as to the exercises I should do and for how long. All the while giving me instruction on increasing it in the coming weeks. Dr. Nordstrom focused his time with me on my health and my future health of my knee. I then had surgery and he performed it. He couldn't have been more informative beforehand and again afterwards, explaining everything he saw. The guy had pictures for me, people. It was amazing. He also shared everything with my fiancé and gave specific post-surgical instructions to follow. Later, my follow up appointment was equally as informative and positive. Folks, I told you at the outset of this review Dr.. Nordstrom was my second opinion. I will tell you now, I wish he were my first.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

testttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

My experience at his practice on September 22, 2014 was not a professional one. My reason for scheduling an appointment with him was, I was in pain, serious pain. I had to wait more than three weeks to get an appointment . There were times within those weeks I could barely walk and put pressure on my leg. I was looking forward to my appointment. Instead, from the moment of walking into the waiting room, which was hot and uncomfortable, there was a problem. I walked up to the reception desk and the receptionist did not look up from her computer, I introduced myself and handed her the registration forms I took the time to download and come prepared to his office with. She continued ignoring me and started asking me questions without looking at me, that I already took the time at home to fill out, she had it in her hand? Obviously pre occupied with whatever else she was doing. I was the only patient in the waiting room, I came on time and early for my appointment. I was completely ignored and treated rudely by a middle aged woman who at her age should have common manners on how to greet a new patient. After ten minutes of waiting I was called into the examining room greeted by some young, inexperienced employee, not sure if she was a nurse, she did not introduce herself. She had the papers I had already filled out and she proceeded to ask me questions about what was already on the list next to her, I informed her the answers were next to her on the paper, she said, oh yes. She then asked me if I took my blood pressure today, I told her I did in the morning and she jotted that down? There was a blood pressure monitor hanging on the wall, was she supposed to take it, instead of asking me what it was in the morning? She left the room and came back and said someone would be in to take me for an xray, no one ever came in for over a half hour. When she came back in she said, no one took your xray yet? I said no, she said someone will be in shortly I said you said that a half hour ago. She sarcastically said well we are busy? I said when I got here there was no one here, I was the first patient in the waiting room. She left, took a loud deep breath, which I heard and she said something to herself. Your staff represents you, is that the kind of person you want workingfor you? At that point I left. When Nordstrom came into the examining room, he seemed pre occupied with others and his schedule, I knew I did not have his full attention on why I came to see him. As I tried to tell him, I knew he was detached from my need to see him. The room was hot and uncomfortable, as soon as he came into the room he said it is hot in here. How about spending the amount of time 45 minutes I had to wait for him in that room, I was ready to pass out from the heat and lack of air circulation. And there is the question of whether HMC faxed over my hospitalization records, YES, they did 10 pages which they got a confirmation number for that it did go through to your office. Amazing how incompetent your office staff and you were not to notice 10 faxed copies, that was in your office at 1 p.m. I texted my husband when he left the room and he called HMC and she did fax it and re faxed it to your office, so you now have 20 copies. Your staff was rude, you were rude and not the kind of doctor I want to take care of me as a patient. As for you billing me, you did nothing, your staff did nothing, so I left because I was being ignored. As I left unnoticed there was a waiting room full of triple booked appointments, me the only one in the waiting room when I arrived was still there? I wasted my time, my gas to make a 40 mile trip to your office and home. I am going to find a doctor that is dedicated to their patients needs, you are not the one for me. Also, after the fact, your online reviews are not very complimentary of you or your staff. I agree with one of the on-line reviews posted by another patient. Your practice is run like an assembly line, obviously the concern is for the money and not patient care. I did the right thing by leaving. I am considering billing you for my wasted time. Sorry I interrupted your busy schedule. My dog gets treated better at our Vet. I hope I gave you something to think about the next time a new patient comes into your office in pain and wants professional help with your 36 years experience. Patients do your homework BEFORE choosing a doctor. Stand up for your rights and don't let a doctor or his staff disrespect you. You deserve better, you are paying for it.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I read all the comments about Dr. Nordstrom being rude, late and rushed, and I don't agree at all. I only had one interaction with him, but I thought he was amazing. I took my teenage daughter to see him because she was complaining about knee pain. Not only did he take the time to thoroughly examine and diagnose her, we started talking and I mentioned how unhappy I am with my Total Knee Replacement (done by a different doctor). He examined me on the spot, gave me some preliminary thoughts, and said he would be happy to take a look at my x-rays and give another opinion. I've never in my life had that kind of experience with a doctor. Usually they don't want to hear about anything but the exact specific ailment that brings you in. I was very impressed.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

I waited in the waiting room for an hour and a half. Waited another 20 min in the exasm room. This was my first visit with Dr Nordstrom. I made sure it was booked as a first appointment. I brought records, xrays, MRI reports. He walked in saw my records and said it was people like me that was causing him to run late !!??? Not, i'm sorry i'm running late. I told him that his staff told me they had him double and triple booked because he was leaving for vacation that weekend!! I have been interviewing Drs...yes I said interviewing. I have spine, hip and knee issues and am trying to find a good fit. Nordstrom has a terrible attitude. He was rude, condisending, and rushed the exam.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

When I used Dr. Nordstrom 15 years ago, he was fantastic. I went back to see him a year ago and couldn't believe how unconcerned he seemed. He barely listened to my and was in and out so quickly that he did not correctly dx me. My husband had seen him about a year ago and was very unimpressed. It seems as if he now cares more about turning patients over quickly than treating them properly. If you don't want assembly line medicine then this is not the place for you

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

Extremely unprofessional staff and Doctor after an hour wait told me that I will be seen by physician assistant and not by doctor since he has to go the "CONFERENCE"......I will not recommend this to anyone

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

concerned about pt turnover and not patient wellness. speed caused him to over look things that the other doctor found.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2009

The doctor and his staff are all very professional. The only problem I could see and recognize is that he's probably overbooked and you wait in the outside waiting area, again in the consult/treatment room. Never very timely. If he wasn't such a good doctor, I wouldn't go there, but he is excellent, knows his stuff, and is very considerate. Over all, I guess waiting is just the smallest of drawbacks...considering the positives. I wouldn't hesitate to refer him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2007

Dr. Thomas J. Nordstrom's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1978)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bridgewater, NJ