Ratings for Dr. Gurpreet S. Ahuja

Staff was very healpful doctor was very rude kept interupting my questions very negative and very unproffesssional rude so rude do not recomend going here to him

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr. Ahuja is a fabulous pediatric ENT physician. HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend him! We first worked with him on our son who, at the time was 1.5 years of age and had extreme sleep apnea and needed his tonsils and adenoids out, along with tubes put in. The 1st physician we visited, we waited over 3 hours, the doctor spent no more than 5 minutes with us, and then said "yep, he needs surgery. My assistance will call you to schedule." Over a week went by with no call. Then I decided to look elsewhere. What I like most about Dr. Ahuja is he is VERY thorough in his evaluations and does not do any procedure that is not medically necessary. He spends time and listens to his patients. Explains everything very well. Excellent bedside manner. Because of his thoroughness, we were able to find out that our son has a blood condition where his blood does not clot quickly (which could have posed a risk for the surgery). Our son is now almost 8 and thriving, but we now know the precautions we need to take with his condition. Our 4 year old daughter has also had to have her tonsils and adenoids removed and there was no question as to who we would go to. Dr. Ahuja is great with his patients, the parents, and his skills as a physician. We would highly recommend him to anyone, and have! Not a complaint, but at times, the wait has been more than what we would like but I think it is due to him having a full panel of patients and coordinating between office days and surgical days. Most days we were in and out within a reasonable time. (never did we wait 3 hours or more though-average is 20-30).

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Great doctor but every time I have to wait for him 1-1:30 hours ... The way too much..

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Dr. Ahuja is very thorough starting with our first visit to his office. We had concerns of my daughter's hearing and speech and Dr. Ahuja patiently listened to our concerns and questions. Then he examined my daughter and explained the steps and follow up appointments we will need. When i had concerns with my daughter's post op condition, he personally called me to address my concerns. We are fortunate to have found Dr. Ahuja.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Highly recommend Dr. Ahjua. He was very detailed and very knowledgeable in the case of my 6 month old daughter. He performed significant surgery on her and I felt very confident in his ability and she is thriving. He was very thorough in explaining everything and is one of the top pediatric ENT's in the US in my opinion.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

All I can say is "Wow". I have never had a doctor be so thorough. Dr. Ahuja took a full page of notes and spent 45 minutes with us. He clearly explained medical terms without prompting and course of treatment. Extremely gentle with wonderful bedside manner. My 4 year old said it was a fun visit and wanted to go back. Conservative treatment. All time favorite doctor - highly recommended!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

Dr. Ahuja is AMAZING. He will always put the health of your child first. He repaired my son's ear membranes after 1st set of tubes (inserted by another surgeon 3 years prior) did not fall out properly. He helped avoid complications and was very conservative with treatments. My son has maintained good hearing and comfort, and although it has taken several years he is starting to finally outgrow the infections. Another doctor may have just done more surgery, with more sets of tubes. But we have avoided both for more than two years. There are times when appointments have not been exactly on time or ideally convenient, but having Dr. Ahuja treat my child is absolutely worth it.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

We are so glad our pediatrician sent us to Dr Ahuja. Our son had his tonsils and adnoids removed and tubes put in ears June 2012. He is doing great, sleeps better and has been healthy ever since. We felt like we were in good hands and our son was very comfortable with all office staff and the Dr. We drive an hour to his office and feel it is worth it. Our check ups will be every six months until tubes are out. We have never had to wait a long time to be seen.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

Dr. Ahuja performed a tonsilectomy and adenoidectomy on our child. My husband and I are both in medicine and went to two other consultations prior to making our selection for the surgeon for our child. Our appointments were always on time, his Physician Assistant was an excellent clinician and Dr. Ahuja himself was astute in knowledge, conservative in his recommendation, thorough and meticulous in his surgical skill. the recovery was much easier than we anticipated and without complication. we could not have been more thrilled with our care our child received. The Ambe Family, Newport Beach

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

Dr. Ahuja gave so much time to our son and never made us feel rushed. He is very warm so our son felt at ease immediately. He answered all our questions.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2011

Dr. Gurpreet S. Ahuja's Credentials

• All India Inst Of Med Sci, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1986)