Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Edmonds

What's wrong with this person? Puts his hands on you without asking. Asks completely inappropriate, irrelevant questions to make you feel small. Is clearly treating the female staff members as subservient. This is a serious problem. Such paternalism is not normal even within medicine where it still clings to life. This person lacks the professionalism necessary to do this job. The college may have an NPD case it should be dealing with. Staff and patients here are at risk of abuse.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

He was upbeat and friendly. Made me feel comfortable and listened to my needs. Great doctor

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

A fantastic knowledgeable physician. I am from London Ontario and he is a terrific doctor. Professional and polite and just a five star doctor.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

I got a mixed impression of him. I found him very knowledgeable but his bedside manner is gruff and intimidating. I saw him for an injury (turned out to be a mild one) that I sustained in a vehicle collision. I waited 2 hours at the UBC urgent care clinic which I didn't mind doing as the nurses are personable and skilled at triage. But when he finally came into my curtain area, he was pretty much in my face standing too close in front of me while he asked questions. He has a loud, aggressive voice and I felt like my privacy had been violated. If he'd read the notes from the triage nurse before seeing me he would have seen the box that said I'm on medication for anxiety and panic attacks. His loud, gruff manner is not appropriate for someone suffering from anxiety on top of a physical injury. He kept asking me to speak louder, saying his hearing was bad. But of course I went all quiet on account of his intimidating presence. He did ask good questions and prescribe helpful treatment.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

He is very knowledgeable, helpful and pleasant. He helped my son at the UBC Urgent care for his broken arm. He made my son and I feel very comfortable. Dr. Edmonds is very good natured and he made the wait in the emergency room worth while. He explained everything very clear to us and showed us the Xrays and went over it with us. He made a visit to the emergency room the best possible for us. Thank you, Dr. Edmonds, for all your hard work.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

The worst doctor in the world NO heart,NO compassion. July 4th 2011 i got into a car, rear-ended by a semi-truck.I had blood under my skin every where and he refuse to help me. He was rude and sent to die. He would not even let me tell him about my health issue. He is a liar as well. He lias to the investegators.2 days later I had an Aorta dissection operation. May God take care of him and revenge for me.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

Dr. Ken Edmonds was one of the best Doctors I have had the privilege to meet as the person in-charge of my medical needs. He was extremely personable (which set myself at ease which was appreciated given the accident that landed me at UBC Hospital). He went out of his way to concisely explain the details relating to my injury and how he was going to treat the wound. He clearly outlined possible complications and methods to deal with them. Dr. Ken Edmonds was phenomenal in every respect. Thank you for your care Dr. Ken Edmonds, Sincerely, Megan Delaney

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Had to go to the UBC emergency clinic for a foot injury. Was seen relatively quickly by Dr Edmonds. He was absolutely amazing and very helpful. He took the time to explain what was wrong and ordered the right tests. He called me the next morning with test results at the exact time he said he would. Dr Edmonds was friendly and caring and was the best emergency Doctor I have ever seen. He spent more time with me then my regular MD has ever. Would love Dr Edmonds to be my full time MD.. Thank you! Jordan

flag | Submitted August 12, 2012

As a patient and a physician I am very well satisfied with Dr.Ken Edmonds management of my problem at the UBC Urgent Care Hospital.He was friendly, knowledgeable and treated me professioally and in a timely manner. Now, almost a week later, his diagnosis and treatment have been proven correct!His suturing was excellent!Thank you Dr.E!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

Dr. Edmonds is obviously quite knowledgeable in his field. He spoke to me with decisive clarity and in a forthright manner that gave me confidence in his professional judgment. Beyond that, in his "bedside manner" he demonstrated a kindness and supportiveness I find rare among the doctors of today.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012