Ratings for Dr. Harold M. Brown

Plan an extra hour or two more than you would expect - every time I've gone there had been some sort of delay. However, that is not to say I don't like my doctor. I like him enough that I'll wait the extra time.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

First visit with him he looked at a rash and outright said "I have no idea what that is" here is a cream to put on it, see you in 2 weeks. 2 weeks later we saw another Dr that told us what we were given was not going to work. Like that wasn't obvious. Saw him again. Still has no clue. Sent us home with same meds from other Dr. Average 2 hr wait times. Office is a disaster and looks like health dept should shut it down.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

I worked with Dr. Brown during my family practice medical rotation. I am aware of an occasion where he saved a patient's life by ordering a routine urine screen for a male patient with high blood pressure. The urine was positive for protein (an abnormal finding), so Dr. Brown sent him to a urologist. I was in Dr. Brown's office when the specialist called to let him know that the patient was in early stages of renal cancer, and the prompt action by Dr. Brown to refer him to the urologist saved his life as his cancer could be treated very early. Dr. Brown is a wonderful doctor and cares deeply about his patients.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Great,caring physician,Very nice also..Talks to you,not at you..Listens to you,answers all questions,Very very helpfull ...Gets to the bottom of things,orders the proper tests...One of the only physicians that I have ever had the privilege of seeing that you can tell he genuinely cares about his patients..Highly recommend him...Rare to find a doctor who actually puts in the effort to help you and make you comfortable..

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I had a great experience that this office and especially Dr. Brown. I waited an expected amount of time. He helped me more than any other physician has been able to do. I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I am so happy to have Dr. Brown back in Dayton! He's the same doctor he's always been but his attitude is better. I've heard people say he's arrogant and cocky, but as a patient of his for 10+ yrs.- he's worth it. I don't care how long I have to wait in an office or where I have to go- Dr. Brown is my doctor. He's the only doctor who I have ever had complete confidence in! The two things I trust with him is I know if I ever develop another serious illness, he's going to catch it early and he'll treat it aggressively! I don't care if I have to wait to see him when I gofor my appt bbecause I know the attention and time he's giving to another patient will also be given to me. I don't begrudge other patients getting the same level of care I expect for myself. I'm thrilled he's back and his old patients will go back and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a new doctor!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Dr. Brown was my doctor for many years and even suggested testing that found a brain aneurysm that saved my life. I saw him religiously every 3 months (or more) until one day in 2012 I went to get the bloodwork HE ordered in the lab in the same building as his office and they told me he was "no longer in ohio"... NO notice!! I had to rush to find another doctor and had problems because of my significant history. Then early 2013 I hear from my kidney doc that Dr. Brown was back in town practicing! Went back to him because I trusted the "disappearing act" was a mistake. Saw him 3 or 4 times (he was working in Dr. Kirkwood's office in Dayton) when low and behold, I show up for a scheduled appointment and THE DOORS WERE LOCKED. The entire office closed down!! Sign on the door said to contact your insurance provider to find a new doctor. I JUST had my records transferred and am now stuck ONCE AGAIN finding a new doctor. DO NOT TRUST HIM!! I truly thought he cared :(. OBVIOUSLY NOT.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

Dr. Brown was our family doctor for years. Always felt he had our best interest at heart. However, all that changed this year when all of a sudden Dr. Brown disappeared leaving us scrambling on where and how to get our medications. He never believed in refills so we were quickly out of heart, cholestroil, blood pressure medication and trying to find a new doctor who would prescribe these medications, has been unbelievable. The doctor that was supposed to be able to help out, did not even return my phone call. Needless to say, we did not switch to that doctor.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

long long wait time. rude to his staff and other medical profesionals. very arrogant!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

Dr. Harold M. Brown's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1989)

MSP/BC Med