Ratings for Dr. Mathias A. Masem

Dr. Masem was professional enough about my medical care but I couldn't believe how late he was for both appointments. Over an hour late for my first, and 45 for my second which was his first appointment of the day on a Saturday! I did a slow burn in the waiting room waiting for him to get in-- 45 minutes late!! I wouldn't and won't go back to see him just because of this arrogance towards a patient.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2011

I am sitting waiting for my appt for over an hour and this is the second time this has happened. I will nor be back and will not recommend him. So

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

I had him on 2 occasions one for hand and one for shoulder. He nicked an adjoining tendon in the hand causing trigger finger, which he had to repair. Dr. Masem operated to remove a bone spur from my shoulder but performed 2 extra procedures I specifically told him I did not want, these procedures just about doubled the bill as well as my recovery time. He does not video any of his work to avoid liability issues. I believe he has lost some of his operating skills as well as having become more about the money than his patients.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

I saw Dr. Masen recently in February 2011. With in a week of my first appointment I had my surgery. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A terrific LPN for my pre-op appointment. The surgery went with-out a hitch though it was moved up a couple hours the day before. Even though the surgery was made for an earlier time my wait at the operating room was very short. I met with the nurse, the anesthesiologist, and Dr Masem prior to the surgery. It hasn't been quite a week yet, but so far my recovery seems faster than I expected.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Not only was Dr. Masem repeatedly HOURS late seeing me after I broke my arm, worse yet, when I complained about his punctuality, he threatened me that upsetting him by complaining might 'compromise his ability to take care of me properly.' I was shocked, and actually a little fearful of this statement since he hadn't finished treating my broken arm. I submitted a formal complaint to his Medical Assocation about this statement and his overall business practice. His staff was fine - and I felt badly that whatever skills they offered were overshadowed by his horrible bedside manner and poor sense of responsibility to his patients and their time. Skip this doctor by all means!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

I strongly recommend Dr. Masem. He quickly identified my condition and set a timely surgery date. He is very freindly and was a pleasure to have as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

Dr. Masem examined my finger for a growth and indicated I needed to have surgery to correct the condition. He said someone would contact me to schedule the surgery. Nearly two months have gone by and I never got a call. I finally called Masem's office myself to see what was going on. Turns out there was no record of a surgery request on my chart! Aargh! Masem seems like a knowledgeable doc and caring, but his office is poorly organized.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008

Dr. Masem is one of the most caring people in the health care profession that I have had the opportunity to work with. Because my condition is chronic, he has been very helpful in my rebuilding my life and career.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

Avoid Dr. Masem. He and his staff mistreated me and I ended up not getting better (broken fingers). I finally saw another doctor who gave me different treatment, then I got better, but it was painful process and due to his poor treatment, I had to pay extra money in hand therapy. Not worth it!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2008

Dr. Mathias A. Masem's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1975)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal