Ratings for Dr. Pamela I. Hartzband

Dr. Hartzband has been my endocrinologist for several years now and I can state without a doubt that she is the best endocrinologist I've ever had. She is very warm and polite, she's a great listener, and she's very knowledgeable. Absolutely a great practitioner. That being said, she's obviously very busy with a heavy patient workload. Waiting times can be a little long at times but she's worth it and the wait is not a reflection on her but rather the high volume of patients who use the clinic. One thing you'll notice, no matter how behind schedule she is, she'll always have a smile and be genuinely concerned about you.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr. Hartzband is an excellent,knowledgable, compassionate and empathetic doctor. This doctor knows what she is talking about. Where she gets into trouble is her response time. I have been a patient of hers for over 10 years, and I only see her about once a year these days, but I did have some strange results lab-wise, and it took her too long to get back to me as far as I was concerned. I think that she probably is so busy that someone must be triaging every patient interaction, email, phone call, etc, but the response time is not good. When you have time with her, she is absolutely 100% - listens to you, is empathetic, and completely compassionate. I meet a different resident each time, and there are times where I feel like I am teaching the resident about my condition. If she could just get her follow-up time resolved, I'd recommend her 100%. Otherwise, just be aware that you are going to have a wait in terms of response...

flag | Submitted February 2, 2008

Dr. Hartzband is the BEST! Finding a good endocrinologist is very hard, and this woman is a gem. She doesn't have a giant ego; she truly listens to her patients. Granted, she is busy, and you may have to wait to see her, but that's only because so many people want her as their doctor. If you are a woman, and having thyroid issues, go see Dr. Hartzband. You won't regret it!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr Hartzband for 13 years now. Yes there is a wait to get in to see her and yes you do see a resident first (it is a teaching hospital after all!) I have never had any problems with her responding to my needs or questions. Since she has moved to the new office the staff is lacking, and it is more difficult to contact her, but as a patient she gives you her email so you can contact her and she will get back to you!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2007

It took over a year for an appointment to see her and when I contacted her later with a question, she never responded. It then took two complaints (so took about 2 more months) to the hospital to get her to respond by sending me a copy of my test results - I never had my question answered.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2006

She's good, just overly busy. Not enough time to talk with her and you must make appointments a year in advance. Often you'll see a resident and then her. But she's competent, nice, and resonds to e-mails and calls you back.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2005

Dr. Pamela I. Hartzband's Credentials

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1978)