Ratings for Dr. Mary Wellhorner

Five years ago Dr. Wellhorner saved my life! I came in with a problem and she took a biopsy, even though it seemed unnecessary. She said that she just wanted to be sure. She was kind as gentle as possible. When the results from the biopsy were unfavorable, she was companionate. She also quick to contact a surgeon. It is quite possible that I am alive today because of her. I would strongly recommend her because of her thoroughness and compassion. Her staff was also fantastic.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

This physician appears competent enough however distant in her approach and reluctant to answer my questions. Then when leaving, while still in the common area of the inner office, she took that opportunity to lecture me on future signs and symptoms that would alert me to a problem. If this was an after thought she should have asked me to step back into the treatment room to ensure privacy as this was embarrassing and completely unnecessary.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

Dr. Wellhorner is the best. I have never felt so comfortable with a OBGYN in my life.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2010

my wife ended up having surgery. Dr. W was thorough and presented all the alternatives. She was technically very proficient and the post op care was very good.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2007

She was very nice and listened to me. She was concerned with my emotional well being as well as my physical. Her nurse was awesome!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2007

Dr. Wellhorner gives the appearance at first of being compassionate and well-informed, but in fact she is unwilling to support her patients. I found her answers to specific questions to be disturbing and her attitude to be one of protecting doctors vs. protecting patients.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2005