Ratings for Dr. Basil Maghak

What is important when you see a high risk pregnancy is that you have a healthy baby. Anyone concerned with anything else is just off track when writing reviews. This doctor was really exceptional, and highly professional. My healthy baby and I say five stars all the way!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

Very satisfied with the professionalism and amazing quality of care.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Great doctor, great care! Yes he recommended some extra tests, but with a high risk pregnancy I should have options for additional testing and I appreciate that he offered them! I do realize he is a doctor and is no responsible for checking out what my insurance does and does not cover, so I did that myself. He told me these tests were optional, so I was good with that. Turns out most were covered. I did decide to skip one test that was not covered.In the end, my baby was fine, and I credit this to Dr. Maghak and his associates who oversaw my pregnancy. Would not hesitate to return, should my next pregnancy have issues that require this group.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

I went to Dr. Maghak for my last pregnancy due to my diabetes. He was straight up with me about my diet, and monitored my bloodwork to make sure things were in check. When I followed his advice, everything was ok. He was kind, but direct with me, which I prefer in a doctor, cause I tend to be stubborn. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Love Dr. M! Just finished my third pregnancy, and he has helped ensure three happy, healthy babies! I know I am a difficult patient because I am high risk, but I am thankful that there are doctors out there dedicated to ensuring women like me can get the best care. Without them, we would NOT be having babies. So disappointed in some of the ugly reviews I see here. I honestly don't believe them. If you have a health condition that makes you high risk OWN it, and don't blame the doctor. This is my last baby ( no more planned) , but if I get any surprises, I'll be back, Dr. Maghak!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

This doctor told me the possible consequences for me and my baby, given my preexisting health issues. I was thankful to have someone who was straightforward and honest with me , and did not sugar coat the facts. I was fortunate to have a very healthy baby, thanks to his supervision. I would not hesitate to recommend this practice , in particular , this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

I'm a type one diabetic. I never really took great care of it. Every time I saw this doctor he was horrid. He told me that I was wasting my time and that I should have an abortion. I was doing everything I could to take better care of my diabetes and my blood sugar levels were definitely improving, but he kept saying is that my baby will die or be severely deformed and that I probably would be a bad mother. My daughter is now 2 years old and she is perfect in every way and is healthy. Towards the end of my pregnancy, another doctor went through a lot of work to get me an insulin pump and I quote said "why didn't he just get you one of these?"

Submitted February 2, 2017

Very good doctor. I have seen this doctor several times over two pregnancies.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Awesome, have seen on multiple visits with no issues whatsoever. I would highly recommend him,

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I saw this doctor once and would not wanna see him again. He entered the office trying to sell me a new testing claiming that it would be more accurate..at 99% while the one i did before at their practice was 95%..and of course that one is not fully covered by my insurance so I had to disburse over 500 dollars on top of my insurance coverage. He also diagnosed my baby wrongly and wrote on the report that my baby had enlarged kidneys and that i needed follow-up. My baby's kidney were within the normal limits at that stage of pregnancy. I got the confirmation at the follow up and also from my own Obgyn. He kept talking numbers that I could not understand. i do not recommend that doctor to nobody. I had met 2 other doctors at MFAMA and they do not compare to this doctor at all.

Submitted July 15, 2014