Ratings for Dr. Basil Maghak

I only saw this guy once and I will not be going back. He made me feel very uncomfortable, he made a point to open my legs and "check out my junk" before he did the transvaginal, and was unnecessarily rough with his examination, trying to squeeze two fingers in to find my cervix? Uh... no! The tech who did the first transvag was super nice and discreet. If she could do it in a professional way, why couldn't he? He he seemed like he was really trying to find something wrong with my baby and decided not to give me a procedure that I need because he basically thought I would have a miscarriag, since there must be something wrong with my baby. Needless to say, I got the heck out of there and got a second opinion. The next doctor didn't find any of those problems that he mentioned. He seems like a scoundrel, I would never go back there.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

This doctor told me the possible consequences for me and my baby, given my preexisting health issues. I was thankful to have someone who was straightforward and honest with me , and did not sugar coat the facts. I was fortunate to have a very healthy baby, thanks to his supervision. I would not hesitate to recommend this practice , in particular , this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

I'm a type one diabetic. I never really took great care of it. Every time I saw this doctor he was horrid. He told me that I was wasting my time and that I should have an abortion. I was doing everything I could to take better care of my diabetes and my blood sugar levels were definitely improving, but he kept saying is that my baby will die or be severely deformed and that I probably would be a bad mother. My daughter is now 2 years old and she is perfect in every way and is healthy. Towards the end of my pregnancy, another doctor went through a lot of work to get me an insulin pump and I quote said "why didn't he just get you one of these?"

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Very good doctor. I have seen this doctor several times over two pregnancies.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Awesome, have seen on multiple visits with no issues whatsoever. I would highly recommend him,

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I saw this doctor once and would not wanna see him again. He entered the office trying to sell me a new testing claiming that it would be more accurate..at 99% while the one i did before at their practice was 95%..and of course that one is not fully covered by my insurance so I had to disburse over 500 dollars on top of my insurance coverage. He also diagnosed my baby wrongly and wrote on the report that my baby had enlarged kidneys and that i needed follow-up. My baby's kidney were within the normal limits at that stage of pregnancy. I got the confirmation at the follow up and also from my own Obgyn. He kept talking numbers that I could not understand. i do not recommend that doctor to nobody. I had met 2 other doctors at MFAMA and they do not compare to this doctor at all.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

I see Dr. Maghak in Leesburg, VA at the MFAMA office. Of the three perinatologists, I find him to be the best. He is caring, spends time talking with you, is willing to answer questions and run further tests, but is also not intrusive or overly dramatic. He understands the holidays can be hard on a Gestational Diabetes patient and offers advice without being condescending. I really enjoy seeing him every week.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

The doctor was very good, on time and very informative. Good staff.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009