Ratings for Dr. Michael E. Yaffe

Personable. Takes the time to discuss issues with you. Very knowledeable. Caring. Compassionate

flag | Submitted December 17, 2007

Took forever to see him. And, it looks that others in the practice are now also this way (Varvaris). 2 months for consultation. LOL. 2 months!? So this means either the most minor chronic ailments, or, it's a trip to the ER for you! He is friendly, but, I remember he didn't spend a lot of time explaining things.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2007

Did not take my symptoms seriously. Needed surgery after all and thank goodness the delay caused no long-term problems.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2006

Dr. Yaffe is a good physician. However, his practice has gone downhill in the last 5-7 years. It's almost impossible to talk to a scheduler or change an appointment w/out calling a number designed for the masses. There is no way to contact the office other than walk in and wait or call and hope you make it through the maze of options. I've gotten busy signals, they have a policy not to have a real person answer the phone during lunch hour every day...every day! You must call w/in a very narrow period of time. This office has turned into a factory. Due to the addition of many patients they no longer will call in perscriptions to a pharmacy, you must physically pick them up. Good Luck if you use a wheel chair or other device to help you walk. Very unfortunate a good doctor has been sucked in by big business. Yaffe also has lost some of his edge to relate to people over the years.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2006

I have been a patient of Dr. Yaffe's for years. Typically, he brushes off any complaints. For instance, I told him once that I had problems breathing at night and became extremely itchy. "That's interesting," he said, and nothing else. Eventually, when I saw his excellent assistant Suzanne and told her this, she sent me to a specialist who diagnosed me with apnea and a form of narcolepsy, and another who diagnosed my extremely severe allergies. Other complaints I've had that Yaffe brushed off turned out to be due to being hypothyroid with Hashimoto's thyroiditis, nerve damage, chronic sinusitis, Barrett's esophagus, and more. Each time it took Suzanne actually listening to me and sending me for the proper testing to get treatment. This is a consistent pattern over the years. Furthermore, his treatment of my husband has been excellent. I don't know if perhaps he has a problem treating women, or if it's just me.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2006

This practice is a factory. Once you get to see the doctor, he is wonderful, but I have never had less than 1/2 hour wait after my scheduled time to get called, then at least 15-30 minutes more in the exam room. I went one time for an immunization and sat in the lab for one hour until I finally got someone's attention who checked and said they forgot me. The front desk personnel are extremely rude and condescending. If you are too ill to wait weeks to get an appointment, too bad. Trying to call the office to ask a question about your treatment is an exercise in futility. I final quit going and found a doctor more interested in personal attention.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2005

Dr. Michael E. Yaffe's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Connecticare