Ratings for Dr. Jeremy D. Gilbert

I am really surprised Dr Gilbert has such good ratings. He might specialize in diabetes, however if you are getting your thyroid out - look elsewhere! On my follow-up appointment, he told me my TSH was normal when it actually wasn't! I had another follow up appointment that I had to cancel (because I am chronically ill) and when I tried to reschedule it, his c u next Tuesday secretary told me I needed a new referral!!!! I was supposed to see him once a year because of my total thyroidectomy! VERY arrogant, dismissive and does not care about any of your symptoms.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Dr Gilbert is a caring physician, very smart and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

My late mother was cared for by Dr. Gilbert for quite a number of years as she had developed a multi-nodular goitre on her thyroid due to a medication side effect. Dr. Gilbert was caring and extremely compassionate in honouring my mother's wish not to have a thyroid biopsy but to only undergo yearly thyroid ultrasounds as she was on Warfarin and was afraid of a bleeding incident. At her last appointment this past January, Dr. Gilbert was pleased to report that some of the nodules were finally starting to shrink . He called me yesterday to offer his condolences upon learning of the sudden passing of my mother for an un-related condition and I could hear it in his voice that he was choking back tears. He couldn't believe the news as he was telling me that she was such a lovely lady and that he always looked forward to her yearly visit. He's a true class act!!! My mother had also appreciated that he took the time to consult with her cardiologist Dr. Joynor and that they collaborated well together to ensure that she received the best care. You don't see that level of collaboration or interpreofessionalism in other institutions!!! I'm forever grateful for his care of her!!!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

This guy is an arrogant jerk who doesn't know what he is doing.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I have been attending the office of Dr. Jeremy Gilbert at Sunnybrook Hospital for many years and have never had one unpleasant experience! He is very honest and caring, and always looks out for the best interest of his patients. He is very helpful in assisting with diabetes management and control. I highly recommend him to anyone, especially in the Leaside area! five stars!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dismal communication skills and arrogant. Will fail CANMEDS if he is a medical student or resident. Pathetic!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Never have I met a more caring, patient, knowledgeable doctor. Within the first appointment, Dr. Gilbert was able to truly assess my needs and create a plan to get me back to a healthy, normal lifestyle. Words cannot express how grateful I am. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Dr Gilbert is certainly a professional in his field, and always makes me feel very comfortable during my visits. I have a high degree of trust with his care and recommendations for my treatment.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

I don't know HOW this doctor got rated 4/5 stars. I have had serious issues with my parathyroid and calcium since having a partial thyroidectomy 10yrs ago, I've been through 2 other doctors that could not get my numbers under control and had serious concerns about my health. Someone recommended this clown to me 9 months ago and on my 3rd visit claims to have cured me with his chest all puffed out like he's a God. Ummm....is that why I feel the worst I've ever felt in my life? Is that why I've put on 35lbs since seeing him 9 months ago? Gee...thanks for curing me! *rolling eyes* He now has passed me off to my family doctor. She was left dumbfounded because she openly admits to not knowing enough about endocrine issues. Guess I'm off to find yet another doctor....

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I completely agree with the previous 2 reviews. Only concerned about bloodwork. Denies symptoms and punts the patient back to family doctor despite symptoms being connected to problem sent to him for. Old fashioned in his silo approach not seeing the whole picture. Not up to date on current research, thinking or treatment and not open to a patients knowledge. Not concerned with helping the patient to feel better just to respond to bloodwork. Maybe for others he has more to offer as he was nice enough but didn't do anything to help.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Jeremy D. Gilbert's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2002)