Ratings for Dr. Jeremy D. Gilbert

I have been attending the office of Dr. Jeremy Gilbert at Sunnybrook Hospital for many years and have never had one unpleasant experience! He is very honest and caring, and always looks out for the best interest of his patients. He is very helpful in assisting with diabetes management and control. I highly recommend him to anyone, especially in the Leaside area! five stars!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dismal communication skills and arrogant. Will fail CANMEDS if he is a medical student or resident. Pathetic!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Never have I met a more caring, patient, knowledgeable doctor. Within the first appointment, Dr. Gilbert was able to truly assess my needs and create a plan to get me back to a healthy, normal lifestyle. Words cannot express how grateful I am. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Dr Gilbert is certainly a professional in his field, and always makes me feel very comfortable during my visits. I have a high degree of trust with his care and recommendations for my treatment.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

I don't know HOW this doctor got rated 4/5 stars. I have had serious issues with my parathyroid and calcium since having a partial thyroidectomy 10yrs ago, I've been through 2 other doctors that could not get my numbers under control and had serious concerns about my health. Someone recommended this clown to me 9 months ago and on my 3rd visit claims to have cured me with his chest all puffed out like he's a God. Ummm....is that why I feel the worst I've ever felt in my life? Is that why I've put on 35lbs since seeing him 9 months ago? Gee...thanks for curing me! *rolling eyes* He now has passed me off to my family doctor. She was left dumbfounded because she openly admits to not knowing enough about endocrine issues. Guess I'm off to find yet another doctor....

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I completely agree with the previous 2 reviews. Only concerned about bloodwork. Denies symptoms and punts the patient back to family doctor despite symptoms being connected to problem sent to him for. Old fashioned in his silo approach not seeing the whole picture. Not up to date on current research, thinking or treatment and not open to a patients knowledge. Not concerned with helping the patient to feel better just to respond to bloodwork. Maybe for others he has more to offer as he was nice enough but didn't do anything to help.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Gilbert for over 4 years now on Thyroid related issues and each and every time I feel like I am just wasting my time driving to Sunnybrook but do it in case the cancer comes back. Over the past 2 years I have had many symptoms related to my thyroid and when I go in to see him he tells me I need to see my family doctor if I want answers and when I go see my family doctors they tell me to talk to Dr Gilbert about it because it is thyroid related. I believe that maybe Dr Gilbert is good with respect to diabetes however when it comes to the thyroid, its functions, malfunctions, side effects to syn-thyroid and the openness to try something else he definitely leaves a lot to be desired. I just feel like I am being bounced around and its frustrating. He needs to take the time to explain things, he needs to listen, have empathy and support his patience. Chances are if you are seeing Dr Gilbert its because you have been or are very sick.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

And the search for an endocrinologist continues. He is focused on quick fixes and does not look at the bigger picture of what is happening. Im not sure why he would do this, but he blatantly lied about there being no side effects to the medication he prescribed. I knew this was not possible, as everything has potential side effects. Despite me asking more questions about it and how it would affect my other existing condition, he was patronizing and dismissive. Although he recognized there was something else going on with me, he continued to fixate on the numbers in the blood work only. It's unfortunate that this is a typical experience with most endocrinologists.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Up date ~ my new endocrinologist and cardiologist are fantastic ~ both watched the programs I asked them to watch. One is done by Fifth Estate ~ 'The Secrets of Sugar' and we all now follow Dr. Robert Lustig & Dr. Sarah Hallberg from California ~ Also see the: "My 600 lb life SO4E09 Terethas Story" on youtube with Dr. Nowzaraden in Houston, Texas. The worst thing you can give a person with a metabolic syndrome (which includes diabetes) is insulin ~ just watch Dr. Sarah Hallberg on youtube she explains it all about reversing diabetes ~ she is an obesity doctor. And no I have not touched insulin ever, lost 60 lbs so far in 9 months and have reversed the Type 2 Diabetes. Meantime watch Dr. Robert Lustig (pediatric endocrinologist from California) who will explain why we are all having problems with diabetes ~ it is the food we now eat. Watch them, it change my life for the better. I am using an endocrinologist at Centennary Hospital and my Cardiologist is from Corecare based at Centennary Hospital as well, in case you wanted to know. Hate to put anyone down, but Jeremy needs to get up to speed on this ~ he wanted me to go on insulin and glad I never did. My sugars pre-meal are now 4 - 5 and post meal 5- 8 ~ but I still have about 150 lbs to lose in total and that will bring them down further. Can't hurt to watch it. Glad I left Jeremy as he said he wanted to put me insulin and losing weight he told me would not be of benefit ~~ never ever had a doctor tell me this. Not only did I do my research, but found a team that is on the same page as I am now.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

I've experienced Dr. Gilbert the wonderful and Dr. Gilbert the not so great. It depends on the day and the circumstances. Sometimes he listens and involves you in developing a treatment plan and other times he doesn't seem to have time for you. Very knowledgable but highly unpredictable.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr. Jeremy D. Gilbert's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2002)