You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jeremy D. Gilbert

Dr Gilbert. He's excellent . He help me lot to bring suger down. I'll keep him for ever. He solves prob v easy. He's wonderful & his staff. God maybe bless, gd health. I'm always out from his clicking with in 15-30 min. That's great.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

stay away. poor knowledge, not helpful at all. Does not listen, does not care

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I just read through some of these reviews and I can't help but wonder who it was that these people saw. I've been seeing Dr. Gilbert and the SUNDEC team (nurses, dieticians) every 3 months for about 8 years. Dr. Gilbert's approach is completely refreshing: he and his team first educated me and then, when I could display a solid understanding of my disease, they moved to a cooperative approach that is both reasonable and effective. I am healthier today in my 40s than I was 20 years ago. To add to this: the few times that I have experienced a medical emergency or had an urgent need; he was there for me within hours. Either he himself, or someone from his team, even followed up with after-hours/weekend telephone calls and emails just to check in and make sure I was recovering well. Remember, the relationship you have with your doctor is just like any other relationship. A successful one takes time and effort and that isn't going to come from just one visit and your doctor isn't solely responsible for the outcome. If you truly want to take better care of yourself – this is the doctor that can help you do that! (PS: Kudos also to Leigh, Marsha, Corrie and Helene).

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Gilbert was recommended to me by my family doctor about 4 years ago. Ever since then, I have found him to be very conscientious in dealing with my medical condition. He is very thorough in his work and takes the time to explain all pertinent details. His expertise in his profession provided me with the tools to manage my diabetes. I highly recommend Dr. Gilbert and his staff for their sensitivity to their patients.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Dr. Gilbert is a highly professional, competent and knowledgeable endocrinologist. He is very responsive to my needs and through his help has brought me back to a state of good diabetic health. He responds quickly to any questions I have usually within hours. He is kind, compassionate and extremely patient and understanding. I have read some of the negative reviews written here about him and can only say that the reviews were either written by patients who did not like to hear what he had to say or thought they knew better. I would have no problem whatsoever highly recommending Dr. Gilbert or his staff.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

It is a similar experience to a couple others. Dr. Gilbert very little time with me, yet was quick to make a prognosis about my thyroid without asking about what was going on with me. A prognosis without asking questions...interesting and within 10 mins of seeing me. He also was quite opinionated and became rude when another doctor for a second opinion disagreed with him. No follow-up visit - that would require time and effort. A phone call to tell me what HE thought - even that was quick. I will be looking for another endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

Very unsupportive doctor, will only work with you under his own terms, he uses transferance by speculating my behavior and predicting what I will do in the future based on what other patients have done before - - - I'm not that patient you're thinking of, Jeremy!!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

I am a 47 yo Type 1 Diabetic. After years and years of experiencing huge variations in blood sugar that caused two hospitalizations with Keto-Acidosis and numerous hypoglycemic seizures, a nurse at a hospital suggested I get a referral to him. Dr Gilbert and his staff took the time and effort to not only listen to my situation and create an effective treatment plan but to also educate me about the disease and different treatment options available so that I am able to take better care of myself. I now use an insulin pump (organized through them) and can easily manage my diabetes. Today, I have a new lease on life and freedom from the worry and stress that come from uninformed insulin use. Dr Gilbert literally saved my life.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Dr Gilbert is a excellent doctor and one that I would highly recommend to my family and friends. He seemed to have all the time in the world for me even though he had many other patients to attend to. His dedication to my health was unwavering even though I have a complicated prognosis. I look forward to each visit and I'm healthier then ever before.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

Dr. Jeremy D. Gilbert's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2002)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gilbert. He's excellent . He help me lot to bring suger down. I'll keep him for ever. He solves prob v easy. He's wonderful & his staff. God maybe bless, gd ..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "stay away. poor knowledge, not helpful at all. Does not listen, does not care"

August 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very good right to the point which I like . Been seeing him for the last 3 to 4 yrs "

July 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just read through some of these reviews and I can't help but wonder who it was that these people saw. I've been seeing Dr. Gilbert and the SUNDEC team (nurses..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gilbert was recommended to me by my family doctor about 4 years ago. Ever since then, I have found him to be very conscientious in dealing with my medical ..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gilbert is a highly professional, competent and knowledgeable endocrinologist. He is very responsive to my needs and through his help has brought me back t..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "It is a similar experience to a couple others. Dr. Gilbert very little time with me, yet was quick to make a prognosis about my thyroid without asking about wh..."

April 19, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very unsupportive doctor, will only work with you under his own terms, he uses transferance by speculating my behavior and predicting what I will do in the futu..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 47 yo Type 1 Diabetic. After years and years of experiencing huge variations in blood sugar that caused two hospitalizations with Keto-Acidosis and numer..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gilbert is a excellent doctor and one that I would highly recommend to my family and friends. He seemed to have all the time in the world for me even though ..."

October 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Jeremy" to "Jeremy D."

August 26, 2013