Ratings for Dr. Jeremy D. Gilbert

I completely agree with the previous 2 reviews. Only concerned about bloodwork. Denies symptoms and punts the patient back to family doctor despite symptoms being connected to problem sent to him for. Old fashioned in his silo approach not seeing the whole picture. Not up to date on current research, thinking or treatment and not open to a patients knowledge. Not concerned with helping the patient to feel better just to respond to bloodwork. Maybe for others he has more to offer as he was nice enough but didn't do anything to help.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Gilbert for over 4 years now on Thyroid related issues and each and every time I feel like I am just wasting my time driving to Sunnybrook but do it in case the cancer comes back. Over the past 2 years I have had many symptoms related to my thyroid and when I go in to see him he tells me I need to see my family doctor if I want answers and when I go see my family doctors they tell me to talk to Dr Gilbert about it because it is thyroid related. I believe that maybe Dr Gilbert is good with respect to diabetes however when it comes to the thyroid, its functions, malfunctions, side effects to syn-thyroid and the openness to try something else he definitely leaves a lot to be desired. I just feel like I am being bounced around and its frustrating. He needs to take the time to explain things, he needs to listen, have empathy and support his patience. Chances are if you are seeing Dr Gilbert its because you have been or are very sick.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

And the search for an endocrinologist continues. He is focused on quick fixes and does not look at the bigger picture of what is happening. Im not sure why he would do this, but he blatantly lied about there being no side effects to the medication he prescribed. I knew this was not possible, as everything has potential side effects. Despite me asking more questions about it and how it would affect my other existing condition, he was patronizing and dismissive. Although he recognized there was something else going on with me, he continued to fixate on the numbers in the blood work only. It's unfortunate that this is a typical experience with most endocrinologists.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Up date ~ my new endocrinologist and cardiologist are fantastic ~ both watched the programs I asked them to watch. One is done by Fifth Estate ~ 'The Secrets of Sugar' and we all now follow Dr. Robert Lustig & Dr. Sarah Hallberg from California ~ Also see the: "My 600 lb life SO4E09 Terethas Story" on youtube with Dr. Nowzaraden in Houston, Texas. The worst thing you can give a person with a metabolic syndrome (which includes diabetes) is insulin ~ just watch Dr. Sarah Hallberg on youtube she explains it all about reversing diabetes ~ she is an obesity doctor. And no I have not touched insulin ever, lost 60 lbs so far in 9 months and have reversed the Type 2 Diabetes. Meantime watch Dr. Robert Lustig (pediatric endocrinologist from California) who will explain why we are all having problems with diabetes ~ it is the food we now eat. Watch them, it change my life for the better. I am using an endocrinologist at Centennary Hospital and my Cardiologist is from Corecare based at Centennary Hospital as well, in case you wanted to know. Hate to put anyone down, but Jeremy needs to get up to speed on this ~ he wanted me to go on insulin and glad I never did. My sugars pre-meal are now 4 - 5 and post meal 5- 8 ~ but I still have about 150 lbs to lose in total and that will bring them down further. Can't hurt to watch it. Glad I left Jeremy as he said he wanted to put me insulin and losing weight he told me would not be of benefit ~~ never ever had a doctor tell me this. Not only did I do my research, but found a team that is on the same page as I am now.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

I've experienced Dr. Gilbert the wonderful and Dr. Gilbert the not so great. It depends on the day and the circumstances. Sometimes he listens and involves you in developing a treatment plan and other times he doesn't seem to have time for you. Very knowledgable but highly unpredictable.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Needs to learn a bit about Dr. Hunter Doherty "Patch" Adams ~ yes Robin Williams played him in the movie "Patch Adams". I rarely saw Dr, Gilbert, because he left me with students and just finally came down on me saying the next time he was going to see me, he was putting me on insulin and I should come to terms that I was diabetic for life (type 2). But I had a suspicion that I have a Metabolic condition, we now know was what probably killed my father at 50 years old. Moved to another endocrinologist at the Centennary and what amazing results I have had with him ~ lost 55 lbs so far and 'reversed' my diabetes just like the TV show called "World's Greatest Loser." My beta cells in my pancreas were not shot or dead, and I did not ever take any insulin or metformin with my new endocrinologist ~ was put on Mint-Gliclazide MR and that did the trick while I used the Dr. Poon Diet who is also is covered by OHIP. So it feels so good to be in better and know I was correct and my new endocrinologist went through a check list they never did at this office ~ and he said "this is so simple, you have a metabolic syndrome" and started me off on two medications and one I have come off of already. Also the parking fees are awful like I don't want to take out shares in the hospital, just visit there, but no longer, I go nearer to home and don't pay as much seeing my new terrific doctor. Watch Patch Adams and learn to listen a bit more that is half the healing process.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr Gilbert. He's excellent . He help me lot to bring suger down. I'll keep him for ever. He solves prob v easy. He's wonderful & his staff. God maybe bless, gd health. I'm always out from his clicking with in 15-30 min. That's great.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

stay away. poor knowledge, not helpful at all. Does not listen, does not care

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Very good right to the point which I like . Been seeing him for the last 3 to 4 yrs

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I just read through some of these reviews and I can't help but wonder who it was that these people saw. I've been seeing Dr. Gilbert and the SUNDEC team (nurses, dieticians) every 3 months for about 8 years. Dr. Gilbert's approach is completely refreshing: he and his team first educated me and then, when I could display a solid understanding of my disease, they moved to a cooperative approach that is both reasonable and effective. I am healthier today in my 40s than I was 20 years ago. To add to this: the few times that I have experienced a medical emergency or had an urgent need; he was there for me within hours. Either he himself, or someone from his team, even followed up with after-hours/weekend telephone calls and emails just to check in and make sure I was recovering well. Remember, the relationship you have with your doctor is just like any other relationship. A successful one takes time and effort and that isn't going to come from just one visit and your doctor isn't solely responsible for the outcome. If you truly want to take better care of yourself – this is the doctor that can help you do that! (PS: Kudos also to Leigh, Marsha, Corrie and Helene).

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Jeremy D. Gilbert's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2002)

HealthPartners