Ratings for Dr. Jeremy D. Gilbert

My experience with Dr Gilbert was not great, I agree with others that say he was short and arrogant. I had my thyroid removed because of nodules and he dismissed my file when my TSH and Free T4 were "normal" very close to the bottom range and feeling awful with many symptoms. He didn't even check the free T3 and he said all my symptoms must be related to something else, which of course it is not true. Such a waste of time, doctors should not be like this. If you have thyroid issues, I doubt he is the doctor who will help you get better.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Old Gilly has a god complex. I'd say more but he seems pretty miserable already

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Up date from my last blurb on this website ~ I am the person using Dr. Robert Lustig (Endocrinologist) ~ he works in Pediatrics, but what he says works for adults too ~ from California who wrote Fat Chance, Hacking The American Mind and his DVD "Sweet Revenge" ~ I first saw him on Fifth Estate (find it on Youtube) & also Dr. Hallberg on Youtube about reversing Diabetes Type 2. I have now lost 72 lbs and no Victoza or Insulin in sight ~ never went on it and Dr. Lustig who was in Toronto for a talk June 28th 2017 told me to stand firm and eat "Real Food & Fiber" and added not to go on Insulin or Victoza ~ both are ways of getting insulin and as Dr. Sarah Hallberg will tell you, insulin makes you gain weight, gain more weight and you need more insulin and it is a vicious cycle which I never got into. Still need to lose more, but I have lost half of what I need to lose already. Please doctor follow these two specialist ~ Dr. Robert Lustig still supports me via email ~ you too can email him or watch him on youtube and order his DVD and books on Amazon or at Chapters. PS Dr. Lustig is also a professor in his field. Stop making people more sick with insulin or Victoza which forces insulin out of the pancreas. PS I am a former nurse.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I am really surprised Dr Gilbert has such good ratings. He might specialize in diabetes, however if you are getting your thyroid out - look elsewhere! On my follow-up appointment, he told me my TSH was normal when it actually wasn't! I had another follow up appointment that I had to cancel (because I am chronically ill) and when I tried to reschedule it, his c u next Tuesday secretary told me I needed a new referral!!!! I was supposed to see him once a year because of my total thyroidectomy! VERY arrogant, dismissive and does not care about any of your symptoms.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Dr Gilbert is a caring physician, very smart and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

My late mother was cared for by Dr. Gilbert for quite a number of years as she had developed a multi-nodular goitre on her thyroid due to a medication side effect. Dr. Gilbert was caring and extremely compassionate in honouring my mother's wish not to have a thyroid biopsy but to only undergo yearly thyroid ultrasounds as she was on Warfarin and was afraid of a bleeding incident. At her last appointment this past January, Dr. Gilbert was pleased to report that some of the nodules were finally starting to shrink . He called me yesterday to offer his condolences upon learning of the sudden passing of my mother for an un-related condition and I could hear it in his voice that he was choking back tears. He couldn't believe the news as he was telling me that she was such a lovely lady and that he always looked forward to her yearly visit. He's a true class act!!! My mother had also appreciated that he took the time to consult with her cardiologist Dr. Joynor and that they collaborated well together to ensure that she received the best care. You don't see that level of collaboration or interpreofessionalism in other institutions!!! I'm forever grateful for his care of her!!!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

This guy is an arrogant jerk who doesn't know what he is doing.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I have been attending the office of Dr. Jeremy Gilbert at Sunnybrook Hospital for many years and have never had one unpleasant experience! He is very honest and caring, and always looks out for the best interest of his patients. He is very helpful in assisting with diabetes management and control. I highly recommend him to anyone, especially in the Leaside area! five stars!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dismal communication skills and arrogant. Will fail CANMEDS if he is a medical student or resident. Pathetic!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Never have I met a more caring, patient, knowledgeable doctor. Within the first appointment, Dr. Gilbert was able to truly assess my needs and create a plan to get me back to a healthy, normal lifestyle. Words cannot express how grateful I am. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Dr. Jeremy D. Gilbert's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2002)

HealthPartners