Ratings for Dr. Leslie Charles Ash

He ruined my life, my career my options of having children, wheni finally did have a child they said i signed it away for adoption , since then i had to fight for custody, all of this and 15 years of anguish over a mis diagnosis multpile hospital stays, being treated as a test subject and put on loxapine and other sht that was not for my disorder,i was raped as a child, molested as a young teen, raped as a teen ,, i was depressed, he says that i was schizophrenic.....its ptsd and bi polar he was off, and it literally has been a struggle with this since i went in at 17 yrs old, i'm 31 now...ktn

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Years ago I was in this mans care when I lived in Trenton. Though he was never horrible, per say, to me as apprently to others I have noticed in hind sight he didnt go above and beyond. In fact, his total disregard to the treatments I was begging for had lead to a much more prolonged misery and suffering. I was a suicidal mess, anxious all the time, past trauma up and out the ying yang and all he, and his underlings said was that I just need more ''real life experience''. Sorry, but it really hard to have a job when you try to explain things to these people only to be told very little. In addition, how can I be expected to hold a job or even friendships when I am basically on death's door. It wasnt until later after I moved away from Trenton to another town far away I was admitted to another hospital for same traumas and they said that I was a hefty case that needs intervention. I was then sent to a real mental health facility and was released in a few months with a stable mind, free from suicidal tendencies and could finally focus on a job and making friends. Sorry Dr.Ashe, but had I stayed in your care it would have taken me far longer to have gotten better, had I still be alive.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

gave me a misdiagnosis had 3 other opinions, thanks for all the bullsh!t i hope you rot in the h3ll

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I agree completely with what others here have written. This man is absolutely horrid. Abusive, incompetent...the list could go on and on. I pray he is no longer in practice so his reign of terror can end.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Unfortunately I would have to agree that Dr. Ash is one of the worst Dr.'s practicing. He treated a close relative a few years ago. He failed to give her the apppropriate dosage of medication for bipolar disorder, telling us that the dose she had taken in the past was no longer allowed. The treatment she received in hospital was inhumane. After about six weeks of an inadequate dose he discharged her in an acutely manic state and she almost burnt the house down. We drove her to Kingston, where they did give her the therapeutic dose of medication and within a couple of weeks she was able to safely return home. He was not only uncaring, he was incompetant.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2010

as hard as it is to get in to see a psychiatrist, you're probably better off not seeing Ash at all if you are referred as his patient. he hardly talked to me about my anxiety, and his presence just made me uncomfortable. 98% of the time he would say something completely irrelevant to my case and then just sit and stare at me for a lengthy period. I had heard a great deal of things about him but I went into his office with an open mind. I didn't care how unfriendly he was as long as I was granted some professional help, I did not fully receive. I don't feel like I was treated thoughtfully or with respect.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2010

I have seen a few psychiatrists in my lifetime and this man is by far the worst there is. He discharged me from the hospital, not because I was ready but because I couldn't swallow meds with water. Yeah, I didn't get it either. There is no reason for a man to treat others with such disrespect especially when they (including me) are feeling at their lowest. If you weren't suicidal before seeing him...it's almost gauranteed you will be after. He is NO help at all and he shouldn't have medical students under his supervision either. Anyone following in his footsteps is going in the wrong direction.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

This Dr. gives a bad meaning to health care. He does not deserve the title of Doctor. My daughter was in his care after being admitted for making suicidal threats-a cry for help. He treated her with no respect; did not help her at all or even attempt to. Himself and the nursing staff lied to her as well as the family. Everyone elses comments pretty much sum up his character as well as his professionalism. They should not let him treat an animal let alone a person.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

This man should not be allowed to practice medicine, none the less to people in distress. I left his office hurt bewildered and feeling worst than when I went in. Which says alot because I was sent to him for depression, and to deal with suicidal thoughts. Was it not for getting to see a counselor (instead of this idiot) I am afraid of where I might have ended up. He over and over blamed my problems on my lifestyle and drinking, even after I had told him earlier and re-iterated I drink only up to 6 beers a week, and only go out to work, work around my house or to see my children. Lifestyle ? The man (I take that back he's no man) has no touch with the reality of his patients, which only further manages to make us (his patients) feel more enraged and alone after seeing him. How does this man not get his medical license revoked.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

What a nightmare. He was disrespectful, condescending, and callous; choosing to judge and lecture rather than speak with me before forming an opinion.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008