Ratings for Dr. Forrest P. Murphy

I've been to Dr. Murphy both for lasik and cataract surgery. I decided on DR. Murphy for the lasik after visiting 4 other doctors...Dr. Murphy was the only one to use his time to go over everything he would do and about my specif situation. NONE of the others gave me more than a couple minutes, instead leaving me to someone who was more salesperson than a specialist. Dr MUrphy lived up to my expectations and more. Years later, needing cataract surgery, just as he said I would, he was just as great and the cataract surgery went perfectly...which leads to the present. I need cataract surgery on the second eye, and of course I'm with Dr. Murphy again. Need I say more to recommend him. Even after 8 years, he remembered my situation and again used a lot of time to tell me the latest advances and this was before the preop appointment. You want a great doctor, go to Dr Murphy.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Dr. Murphy and his staff was great. I had a lot of problems seeing as the years past and Dr. Murphy gave me the eye site of a teenager. Thank you.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

I had worn glasses and/or contacts my entire life until Dr. Murphy did LASIK on me in 2007. His staff was caring and efficient, they explained everything to me beforehand and the procedure itself went just like they said it would. Nearly 4 years later and I'm still seeing 20/20 and couldn't be happier with the results. My sister-in-law went to Dr. Murphy in 2009 for LASIK, on my recommendation, and I know that she has been as happy with her results, as I am with mine.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Placed wrong intra-occular lens in my eye during cataract surgery, then charged me for lasik surgery to correct HIS mistake,(my reward for not taking legal action). Primarily interested in selling over priced services. Used to be an excellent eye disease doctor, but would not recommend at present. His current specialty is salesmanship. I was a patient of his for many years in his Hillcrest office and followed him to La Jolla. I regret referring a multitude of patients to him over the years. I will not return as a patient and would advise other patients to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2009

seemed interested in costly procedures, not just standard exam

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

I might have caught him on a bad day, but he was very rude and mean. I wasn't happy that I was made to wait more than 40 minutes for a routine eye exam. When I told him this, he said he's busy and I will wait however long it takes him. I told him I don't intend to return, he said he would rather that patients like me never return. He's been featured in magazines and I think it all gone up to his head. Too bad... he used to be a better doctor. Sept.2005

flag | Submitted September 13, 2005

Dr. Forrest P. Murphy's Credentials

• Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med, Kansas City Ks 66103 (Grad. 1978)