Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Turano

Uncaring and rushes through visit and I waited Very long time to be seen. Needed Dr letter to clear me to go back to work and I was given a hard time. After two weeks of calling I finally got letter and it was all wrong! I informed his staff which they told him when he came outsbut he didn't see that I was still standing there. He started saying things like, "what more does she want" and "annoying". If I didn't need that letter to go back to work after having my baby I would have told him a few choice words. I left there upset and wondering what I did to deserve that treatment. After I got the letter, I NEVER went back.

Submitted April 10, 2014

Dr. Turano was found guilty of federal charges against him and is being sentenced to prison in April of 2012. You can read all about it in the New York Times(2011) or New York Magazine (Jan 16, 2012 edition)

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012

Unfortunately, I cannot believe nor agree with negative comments I have read about Dr. Michael Turano. I have been a patient of his for nearly 20 yrs. and referred by a friend. He has always conducted himself in an extremely professional manner, answers all questions and is knowledgeable regarding procedures, medicines and alternatives. Why not judge for yourself! I have NO COMPLAINTS.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

He is not a nice guy. Is a real jerk. Not really interested in his patients.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

At first I considered Dr. Turano to be a good doctor, however, I found that to be true only if you are there for a yearly pap. He is EXTREMELY unsympathetic to any other problems or concerns you may have. The last time I was there I left the office feeling VERY dissatisfied and even angry and vowed never to go back. I had a serious problem which the did not want to deal with and even made me feel as if I were exaggerating or even making it up. On a prior occasion, he performed a colposcopy on me which was the most painful procedure I've ever experienced, I was under the impression that the pain was the norm. I have since found an excellent gyn who performed the same procedure on me and there was no pain involved. Dr. Turano's staff is also very unfriendly and unprofessional. I will no longer recommend this doctor to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

I cannot believe all the praises for Dr. Turano. I used to go to him as a matter of convenience however every time I went there it was an inconvenience. One occasion I waited for an hour and a half for him as he was running late. He explained it never happens but as I returned to him for follow up it happened every time. I actually fell asleep in the room with the gown on waiting for him. As for front desk, these women should have worked in Mcdonalds.. every time there was an issue he had to be on top of them because they couldn’t handle it themselves. Also the staff and Dr. Turano were very unsanitary I won’t go into details but I felt completely violated which stopped me from contiuning to see him. I hope this helps, I wish I could have read something like this before I went to see him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2010

I did not feel that Dr. Turano is aware of the lastest treatments for HRT. He is rarely available and I would certainly not recommend him if you are looking for a compassionate doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

I have had Turano as my ob/gyn for 8 years. He is extremely gentle and has delivered 3 of my children. Too bad my fourth child will be delivered with another ob. I would pay him to deliver me at home, but I am high risk. He is very professional, understanding and has treated me with the utmost respect in times of need. I have recommended over 15 women to him and all are very satisfied. I give him 10 thumbs up. You rock!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

Heard returns calls when ever he feels like it. Quite bad for this field. No level of privacy in medical information. Heard he seems to be nice and leave people on meds

flag | Submitted January 4, 2008

Dr. Turano is caring & willing to answer all your questions. He has even given me advice on other (non-gynecological) health issues. His exam technique is gentle and he is sensitive to patient needs, fears, etc.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007

Dr. Michael S. Turano's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1986)