Ratings for Dr. Franklin D. Clontz

Dr. Clontz is professional, caring, experienced and highly skilled.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

In my opinion : If you like waiting long hours in a waiting room every appointment; enjoy a rude, crusty, ill mannered and uncaring doctor with little or no compassion, then this your doctor !! I will never have him work on me again. In my opinion, and in the way he handled me; he was there to give minimal help and then arrange visits to his office to resolve the problem.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I had surgery by Dr Clontz T fISH mEMORIAL IN aUG OF 2009 I was told it was for gallbladder removal. Well next thing I know it wasn't gallbladder it was a large tumor in my colon I was in intensive care on a respirator and my family was told it was Cancer and he said it was though out my body. I came back to the state I had left and found out the cancer had not spread at all and had chemo and here it is 4 years later and I am alive. I am so glad he made a big mistake Thanks Dr Clontz

flag | Submitted September 15, 2013

Dr. Clontz was so rude and he thinks he is funny but he is not. I had him remove my gallbladder and it was suppose to be done Laparoscopic we never discussed anything else when I woke up I had been cut open and had to stay several days in the hospital and was in a lot of pain. The first medication he put me on is Dilaudid thru PCA which I could hit for medicine every 7 min. After a few hours I broke out itching and got real hot, and he called in 50m of Demerol which compared to what I was on was not enough. They called him back he came to see me and literally said "quit your ****ing I increased your pain meds". He said it three times. needless to say I as not laughing I was in a great deal of pain and very angry, that he shows no compassion and no manners. I was surprised since he is from North Carolina. I would never recommend him. I was laid off from my job and received Medicaid and it was out of my hands as to what surgeon to use. This guy needs to retire.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

This doctor is absolutely horrible. He has no bedside manner and shows no empathy for his patients. He is the rudest doctor that I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

Dr. Clontz is a very nice guy I'm sure but in my two visits with him I've have only seen him for about 5 minutes total. My first visit I wait for 45 minutes! With an appointment. He said I needed surgery immediately and sent me to the hospital with very little information. My follow up appointment he examined me and then just left with asking any questions. I'm now waiting for my second follow up appointment. I have a 1:30 appointment. And so do 5 other patients! And we have all been here waiting for OVER an hour!! He seems like a nice guy but I would not recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

Dr Clontz is a great doctor and a wonderful person. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

I love him!!!great doctor. He treated my Brown Recluse bites in 1985 and I am back to see him for surgery. He is a wonderful surgeon and a super Doctor!

Submitted November 14, 2011

Excellent Doctor!! Very experienced and knowledgeable, easy to talk to. We were anxious about the colonectomy, but he was straightforward. The surgery went well, and he has been with us through every step. I would recommend him to anyone, and if I personally need surgery he will be the first one I consider. All doctors should be like this. Office wait times are on average, but the scheduling is prompt for both office visits and surgeries.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

Too old & rough. Had not confidence in what he had to say.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Dr. Franklin D. Clontz's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1961)