Ratings for Dr. Dirk G. Asherman

A doctor only interested in young people with injuries he can fix and be a God. Frat/club boy with no compassion and likely to bend the truth is confronted about unsuccessful treatments.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I went there for many months following a ankle injury, The staff are awful, I would be standing in front of them and they would not even acknowledge me to check in. One time I timed it- 7 minutes they made me stand there and never said anything. Could have said a simple "be right with you." I never got out of the waiting room into the exam room until at least 30 minutes after checking in. I know he's busy but maybe not stack so many patients if you can't see them in a timely manner. Once in the exam room waited another 10 to 15 most appointments. I didn't receive any real help or advice, just to live with it. The pain I have is awful, I cry almost every night and my ankle still swells up and I walk with a limp. I got a second opinion and I'm extremely happy that I did. I am being taken seriously and I do have some real serious issues going on that can be fixed and not ignored. I'm too young to just live in pain the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

No nonsense doctor ! Very knowledgeable looked you right in the eye explained all issues & concerns, that I walked in with !!! He was highly recommended by another orthopedic doctor I had been seeing for something else ! Very satisfied and would highly recommend Dr. Asherman to others !!'

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

This was the third orthopedic surgeon i saw for my broken ankle. He was recommended by the other ortho surgeon as being the best around. Basically, i'm only able to walk now because of him. You can't find a better more experienced surgeon, and he has a top notch staff.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

IT WAS THE WORST MEDICAL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. HE DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME, REFUSED HELP AND I FELT THAT HE WAS RANKING MY TREATMENT ON THE BASIS OF MY AGE. I FELT AS THOUGH I FELL INTO THE "TOO LOD TO BOTHERED WITH" CATEGORY. HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A GOOD DOCTOR, BUT MY TREATMEN ENRAGED ME AND IF HE HAD DEIGNED TO ACTUALLY LISTEN TO ME, HE MIGHT HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION FROM THE ONE HE OFFERED WHICH SEEMED TO BE "LIVE WITH IT"

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

His knowledge is awesome. Dr. Asherman has the best bedside manner I have ever experienced.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

He is very helpful in finding out what is wrong. He tries other options before surgery.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

He is the best! He was my daughters 3rd opinion and he took the time to get to the bottom of her problem, found out what it was and took care of it. We are so thankful!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

Dr. Dirk G. Asherman's Credentials

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02111 (Grad. 1994)