Ratings for Dr. David L. Gordon

This doctor does cursory exams only. Serious conditions found after admttance to hospital ER after a year of treatment from this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

Dr. Gordon is a matter-of-fact type guy and doesn't sugar-coat the truth. Also, he is the one in charge at his office, not the patient. He didn't give me the medications I needed on my first visit (pain meds), as he knows how some people doctor-shop to get drugs to get high. But from my second visit on, we built a rapport. He knows about all my conditions and treats/prescribes adequately for them. He is a doc you must build a trusting relationship with if you want him to trust you. His demeanor is not for the thin-skinned, but he does care. One tip, though: make a list of the meds you need or the conditions you need to check on BEFORE each visit, then give it to him when he comes in. Also, sometimes you have to remind him to give one refill on your prescription, as it is his norm to not give one. He may resist a bit about prescribing a new med which he isn't totally educated on, but if you bring some info he'll look it over and decide if he'll prescribe. Can usually get appt next day!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007

This doctor was completely unresponsive to my needs, and rude. I don't have health insurance, but have plenty of money to pay for my medical expenses, and Dr. Gordon refused to treat me without insurance. He did, however, accept the $75.00 office visit fee without treating me. I was in the middle of asking him a question when he simply walked out of the exam room. He was rude, condescending and patronizing. He knows nothing about my situation and simply assumed I was some kind of low life because I do not have medical insurance. Some people simply choose to pay their expenses. I would definately encourage other patients to seek a new doctor, and would love to know how I can let others know about his rudeness and, in my opinion, unethical behavior.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2005

Dr. David L. Gordon's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Hoover, AL