Ratings for Dr. Drew Tortoriello

I live in Staten Island, New York and I googled "Best fertility doctor in New York" after a dissatisfactory visit with practically the only reproductive endocrinologist in Staten Island. I figured that there must be some excellent fertility doctors and clinics in Manhattan and Dr. Tortoriello showed up repeatedly in my search. I looked at Dr. Tortoriello's impressive credentials and made an appointment. I must write that waiting the three months for that first available appointment was well worth the wait because Dr. Tortoriello immediately made me feel at ease with his care, consideration, and knowledge. He is an extremely intelligent doctor and I was more than comfortable to begin my journey right away with him and the wonderful staff at Sher Fertility. I did undergo two unsuccessful IUI treatments but Dr. Tortoriello did notice that there's were motility issues with my husband's sperm so we then did an IVf treatment. I conceived with the IVF treatment and just gave birth to my daughter right after my 41st birthday. To this day I am thankful more than words could accurately describe to have ever found Dr. Tortoriello and I did say "Go Dr. T!" the moment I hung up the phone with Sher telling me the excellent news that I was pregnant. I have advised everyone that I know to go to Dr. Tortoriello because one really does deserve the best doctor and treatment available! Dr. Tortoriello is a real-life miracle worker and a genuine credit to the medical community and his patients!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

I have been through a lot of treatments and sadness. I did many insemenations with clomid and had 2 miscarriages before I came to SIRM. I thought I had a bicornuate uterus for 2 years thanks to others mistakes. Dr. Tortoriello found that I actually had a septum in my uterus instead and he removed it. I got pregnnant 2 months later and did not miscarry. I am so full of happiness now...it is worth all I did. But thank you thank you Dr. T....you are wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

I have PCO syndrome and never get a period. Dr. Tortoriello helped me so much. I had an early form of diabetes too. He helped my sugars get under control and after 2 IUI cycles I was pregnant. He was just a godsend to me and was so kind and thorough.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Dr. Drew Tortoriello made my biggest dream come true. I felt hopeless before finding this wonderful, God Sent Doctor. I was a difficult case with so many issues such as Vaginismus, no Ovaries, (needed a donor egg) Never had a Menstrual cycle unless I was on Estrogen and Progesterone. Basically since the age of 16 doctors told me I would not be able to carry because my uterus is small. I was ready to give up on life, crying after every ob appt. Until I discovered Dr. T (age 30) wow what a life changing experience, he took his time with me, explained all my options basically gave me HOPE! Three weeks ago I finally became a Mother thanks to Dr. Tortoriello. He made the IVF process so easy and I thank God everyday that I had the privilege to be helped by this amazing DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Tortoreillo is amazing and if you are even considering an IVF procedure I think you should definitely begin here. I tried two IVF cycles in Canada before going with SIRM manhattan clinic. Dr. T is the most personable Doctor you will find in this field with a complete wealth of knowledge and considers things that no other Doctor even thought to check or that may be a problem. I had a baby boy with Dr. T's help 5 years ago and I am now 3 months pregnant with my second also with the help of Dr. T. Don't hesitate start the process, once you start the process it is not as overwhelming as it seems and everything just flows along.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

He is the BEST me and my husband have been trying for 5 years been to other IVF clinics and nothing compares he's so caring and I really can't stress enough on how amazing he he rocks I'm now almost 3 months pregnant and I can. Thank him enough for this BLESSING at 41 years old I recommend anyone to go to DR T

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I can't stress enough how amazing Dr. T is. He makes you feel so at ease with his manner and breadth of knowledge. I wasn't confident that I would be able to get pregnant after being diagnosed with a classic case of pcos many years ago (all symptoms except that I am very slim). However, we were lucky enough that Dr.T knew the exact protocol to use with my case. After just one attempt of IVF (frozen embryo transfer) we were blessed with the birth of our boy/girl twins just a few months ago. I really can't state enough how much I believe that this is down to Dr T's excellence and to the fantastic work of the nursing staff at SIRM.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I was hesitant to write a review on Dr.T because he already has so many excellent reviews. My baby just turned 1 year old and she is in excellent condition. She is beautiful, healthy and always happy. I decided to write this review because my friend told me about her fertility issue and Dr.T is the only one I know who was able to help me and the only one I am confident to recommend to my friend. It took me about a year but he got his job done. I will come back to him for the second one when/if I'm ready!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

My history: IVF#1 with different RE: BFP MC@8w IVF#2/FET#1 with different RE and PGS embryo: BFN IVF#3/FET#2 w/ Dr T + PGS embryo: BFP Dr. T was amazing and everything that is written about him is absolutely true. At my first consult with him, he was so nice and comforting. He answered all of my questions. He is one of the few RE that does immune testing. We spoke for a while and he put all of my comforts at ease. He said we would do another cycle with IVF/PGS and also test for immune issues. The immune testing demonstrated that I was positive for elevated natural killer cells. He came up with an IVF protocol which I underwent, and out of 21 eggs, I made 6 blasts, but only was PGS normal. I was 32 at the time. We then started prepping for a FET and he did something that was different. He had me on an intralipids infusion every 3 weeks. He also had me on letrozole which helps with implantation, prednisone and folic acid. He closely monitored my lining and adjusted my meds. I messed up that FET by accidently taking medroxyprogesterone tablet instead of progesterone (I grabbed the wrong bottle). So the cycle was cancelled. He never got upset with me at all. He just told me to stop the meds and wait for two bleeds before I could start prepping again. In that time I did another endo scratch and when I got my period I restarted prepping. He only transferred when the lining looked perfect. He allowed my husband come into the room and my husband was allowed to watch the transfer take place. I was so greatful to Dr. T for allowing this. The best thing about this man is that he cares so much about his patients. He is the most patient doctor I have ever met and he has so responsive to emails. Doctors can be the worst patients, and I would email him with any and all questions I had. No matter what time of the day or if it was the night or weekend, Dr. T always (and I mean ALWAYS) responded to emails. I cant begin to tell you how amazing and comforting it is to be able to always be able to constantly email your doctor whenever you need to…and to have a caring doctor who will respond to your email in less than 5 min. To have a patient doctor who will not let you get on his nerves. He is such a gentleman. He is on top of my and my situation. He always monitors my cycles as well. He was very accommodating to me and my schedule and I am so appreciative of that. Although I was not happy with my PGS results, all it takes is one embryo…and Dr. T made conditions optimal for me….I got my BFP and am currently 5w4d. Now just waiting on my first US to see a heartbeat… I thank Dr. T for getting me this far. I thank him for being so readily available. Not only is he smart, he is such a humble and caring doctor. He answers all of my questions whenever I had them, always responding to emails. I always had a physician doing my US and he was the only doctor who was on top of my care…none of this ‘doctor of the day’ making a decision about someone. I think I really needed that individual care to get me where I am. Lets hope this little bean sticks for the whole 9 months!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Tortoriello's for almost 3 years. He is probably one of the most incredible doctors I have ever encountered. He is genuine, compassionate, honest, knowledgeable and has the best bedside manner. He believed that my husband and I could get pregnant even when I didn't believe in it after all the years of trying to conceive and not being successful. Dr. T will never push treatments on you and really has your best interest at heart. I was very conservative at the beginning of our infertility journey and Dr. T from day one told us IVF with ICSI is what we needed. I insisted on trying multiple IUIs which all failed. Finally, I am happy to say that our 3rd IVF brought us our little miracle after trying for 5 years total. It was trial and error, trying different protocols and medications that's suitable for my body. Never once did I consider going to another doctor as I was confident I was in good hands with Dr. T. I especially loved that Dr. T is always reachable by email and responds promptly whenever I have a concern or question. He's emailed me about supplements he thinks I should be taking to increase the chances of success even when I was on treatment hiatus. There were a couple of times when I was given an appointment time that conflicted with my work schedule and when I brought this to Dr. T's attention, he made time on his busy schedule to accommodate me knowing it was hard for me to take off from work. His team of nurses are friendly and are helpful to simplify the logistics of treatments. I am so grateful for Dr. T for making our dreams of becoming parents a reality. I have recommended him to many of my friends and could not sing enough praises about him.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017