Ratings for Dr. Drew Tortoriello

One of our friends who had twins after having two IVFs recommended Dr. T and we cannot be more thankful for Dr.T for giving us a chance to become parents. He is a very gentle, excellent Dr. specially in a field like infertility where you can be emotional, nervous, and need a Dr. whom you feel you can trust. He, in fact, saved one of our embryos by postponing our transfer; My hormone level was not satisfactory for the transfer, so he decided to pass the cycle and wait for the next. Now if a Dr. did not care about the patients, could just do the transfer for money. (and possibly have the patient comes back for another try for more $$$.) Dr. T was nowhere near; he never made us feel rush, but made us feel he truly care for us. He only wanted the best result and so did we. If we were to recommend any reproductive Dr., he is the one.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

We found Dr. T after 2 cycles at another clinic which failed. The difference was like night and day. Dr. T is so personable, and extremely knowledgeable. And we now have the two most beautiful babies ever born. Really. We checked. ;) Thank you so much Dr. T and staff!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Words cannot describe my gratitude to Dr. T and his entire team. Undergoing full cycle IVF is no small journey. It takes months of planning and execution, not to mention the physical, emotional and financial toll it can take on patients and their families. And all efforts are solely focused on that one day when you get the results of your first pregnancy test. Everything in life seems to come to a standstill and it is during this most important phase in your life that the right RE can make all the difference. Dr. T is a man of few words, highly focused and got me successful results on the first try itself; but that is not the only reason I highly recommend him. We did 2 cycles of egg retrieval before transferring a single embryo. But Dr. T is just so good, that during that entire journey of about 6 months, we knew we did not want to work with any other RE irrespective of the results. And that is simply because he is just too good on literally every front - highly knowledgeable, extremely accessible (can you imagine a Dr. who answers emails on a vacation?! - I would feel guilty writing to him at such times), thoroughly genuine, a fabulous human being with your bestest interests at heart and completely trustworthy. He did not rush into the treatment but made sure there was a plan in place (he provided options that could maximize our chances), that we understood it and had the opportunity to ask questions and have them answered to our satisfaction. He always kept us grounded during this journey and kept us focused on the process - maximizing all that we could do to improve our chances. Given the immense trust we had in him, we did everything he told us that would be helpful. Trust me, do not think twice and just work with Dr. T and his team. When you do get pregnant and hold your baby everyday, you will look back on the journey that got you there in the first place. Dr. T really makes that journey really really really worth it. I am beyond glad that Dr. T has been an integral part of the most important journey of our lives.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I’ve spent approximately 9 months going over the words in my mind that could somehow express our appreciation for Dr. Tortoriello and the entire staff at Sher Institute. I have yet to find those words. When my husband and I found out that I was pregnant after several failed attempts I simply could not believe it. As tell tale signs of life emerged, I thought reality would hit, but it didn’t. It hasn’t. I am still in awe and disbelief that there will be a baby here in about a week’s time. Each and every day I think back to our experiences at Dr. T's office- being greeted by first name, all of the nurses asking how I was doing, attention and care to every question I posed. There was nothing easy about the process of IVF, yet Dr. T and his staff somehow made everything easy for us. When I emailed, called, cried, wondered, and at times lost hope, every single inquiry was met with an honest and calm answer (and a quick answer, at that!). Even when the answer wasn’t clear cut or definite, there was certainty that we had options and hadn’t exhausted nearly all possibilities. Dr. T never let me get ahead of myself. I so appreciated his composed and serene demeanor, which was perfectly balanced with a quiet confidence that he exuded at all times. That allowed me to also be confident in the treatment and in the process and trust that I was in excellent hands. As I have now spoken to many others who have taken a similar path with infertility, it has become even more evident that the care and expertise I received at Sher could not possibly have been matched anywhere else. Dr. T has given me newfound appreciation for the art of medicine and set a new bar for the honest compassion with which every doctor should approach his or her patients.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. T and his staff. He's been so honest and responsive thoughout this journey. He is always available over email and his staff treats you like family. Dr. T is so professional; appointments are on time; he's very caring and extremely knowledgable in this space. He has helped us make a dream come true and will for you. Best of luck.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. T was so professional and caring. He answered all my questions and he even responded to my emails! He was honest and helped my husband and myself make our baby dreams become a reality. Thank you Dr. T!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Thank you for helping me reach my dream to give my son a sister...I cant say enough goo dthings about Dr. T and his team especailly Leslie and Francis their very sweet to me.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

I am sorry to ruin the stellar rating but I do not seem to agree with previous reviewers. Dr T seemed pretty cold to me, he couldnt wait to operate on me for no reason. When I gave him my reasoning for not wanting surgery he claimed he understood but he face never changed, I didnt find a glimpse of compassion when I started crying after he asked me how long we have been trying for. Front desk girl was just as robotic, no compassion, pretty nasty. I did not feel warm and fuzzy in that office. When I went ahead and sent dr T an email about something that needed some encouragement, his answer was thanks for letting me know. Colder than that he would have been frozen.

Submitted April 25, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Tortoriello. After two years of unsuccessful treatments in DC, I traveled to New York for an appointment with Dr. T. He took his time with me, answered my questions, presented me with different testing options and treatments based on the outcomes of those tests. He has a caring and patient demeanor, which is so important when working with couples that are feeling anxious and scared that they may never have children. I never felt rushed, he answered all my questions in a way that I could understand. The office staff is caring, helpful and made me feel like I had a group of cheerleaders behind me throughout my treatment. Other doctors suggested that a sperm donor or surrogate were our only options - Dr. T disagreed. After my first embryo transfer with Dr. Tortoriello, I finally got my positive pregnancy test. I now I have beautiful daughter. I cannot thank Dr. T enough!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I can't recommend Dr. T enough. We came to him after many years of unsuccessfully trying for the baby. He ran tests, gave us options. I went for the 2nd opinion, where doctor pushed for a surgery. I went back to Dr. T, who assured me it was not necessary. And it wasn't! After 1 round, we got the best gift ever - our beautiful daughter! Dr. T was always available over e-mail, his staff is caring, he has a great personality. He's no nonsense and very knowledgeable! The office is never too busy, the wait is never too long. I can go on and on. The bottom line- I highly recommend Dr. T! Good luck!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015