Ratings for Dr. Drew Tortoriello

I highly recommend Dr. Tortoriello. After two years of unsuccessful treatments in DC, I traveled to New York for an appointment with Dr. T. He took his time with me, answered my questions, presented me with different testing options and treatments based on the outcomes of those tests. He has a caring and patient demeanor, which is so important when working with couples that are feeling anxious and scared that they may never have children. I never felt rushed, he answered all my questions in a way that I could understand. The office staff is caring, helpful and made me feel like I had a group of cheerleaders behind me throughout my treatment. Other doctors suggested that a sperm donor or surrogate were our only options - Dr. T disagreed. After my first embryo transfer with Dr. Tortoriello, I finally got my positive pregnancy test. I now I have beautiful daughter. I cannot thank Dr. T enough!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I can't recommend Dr. T enough. We came to him after many years of unsuccessfully trying for the baby. He ran tests, gave us options. I went for the 2nd opinion, where doctor pushed for a surgery. I went back to Dr. T, who assured me it was not necessary. And it wasn't! After 1 round, we got the best gift ever - our beautiful daughter! Dr. T was always available over e-mail, his staff is caring, he has a great personality. He's no nonsense and very knowledgeable! The office is never too busy, the wait is never too long. I can go on and on. The bottom line- I highly recommend Dr. T! Good luck!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I am not one for writing reviews or testimonials, but we are not talking about widgets here... If you're reading this, you're likely embarking on, or perhaps already in the midst of, one of the most important decisions of your life - who will you trust to help you bring life into this world... Simply put, if you are in the New York area, or can get there, I don't know why anyone would not select, and entrust, Dr. Drew Tortoriello ("Dr. T") at SIRM with this most critical effort. We started at Cornell and were diagnosed with MFI and DOR. While Dr. X at Cornell was nice enough, and certainly competent, I believe he was - and therefore we were - constrained by the volume-based approach at Cornell... All one has to do is compare the waiting rooms at Cornell and SIRM on any given morning to get a sense of the difference... Btw, the flexibility of scheduling at SIRM vs the 6am "cattle-call" at Cornell alone would be, in my opinion, worth leaning towards SIRM if all else was equal, but all else was far from equal.... The volume itself is not the main issue. It's the fact that the SIRM model allows for much more individual attention and flexibility in course of treatment. This is particularly critical in challenging cases (like ours) where, I believe, it can make the difference between a successful or unsuccessful pregnancy... After seven retrievals and three unsuccessful transfer attempts at Cornell, there was nothing really new being considered. The old adage - if you keep repeating the same thing and expecting different results - came to mind..... That's why we decided to meet w Dr. T. From the get-go, we could see, and feel, that Dr. T was much different. His patience was virtually unending and his manner confident yet measured. He was "grilled" by both of us for well over an hour in his office about what he would do differently and why, and he responded to every follow-up email after the meeting promptly (as he would do throughout his care of us). And this was all before we even signed up with SIRM... He clearly spent signicant time and gave much thought to our specific situation. While he didn't really disagree with the Cornell protocol, he identified several significant tests and procedures he wanted to do that Cornell would not, including seeing if our embryos were making it to blast, conducting testing for DQ matching and natural killer cell testing. Dr. T ended up identifying several additional challenging conditions that, I'm certain, would not have been revealed at Cornell, and which I believe impacted our prior efforts to get pregnant. From two retrievals we got two blasts which were banked (Cornell was not willIng to allow us to go to blast). Dr. T's embryologist, Dr. Raifa Zody, spent 3 hours selecting the best sperm on 2 occasions. There is simply no way, in my opinion, that would've been done at Cornell given the time constraints of their volume. Dr T. then identified a lining receptivity issue that was treated for 3 months through inducing premature menopause. Finally, after more than 7 months of following Dr. T's meticulous approach, it was time for a transfer. Two weeks later, the feeling of finally seeing that faint second line on an EPT after almost 2 years of trying is indescribable. When the positive beta, albeit low, was confirmed by Dr. T, he remained, true to form, cautiously optimistic. We are now at 18weeks. I have no doubt that had we stayed at Cornell, we would not be where we are today. I don't know what more can be said, but that we owe it all to Dr. T and his team at SIRM.... I don't know why anyone would go anywhere else...

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Tortoriello and his team at Sher Institute. He is patient and helpful and was extremely knowledgeable in answering my questions and in his approach to my treatment. After following up with my nurse after my first appointment, I was really impressed to find out that Dr. T had been reviewing his notes about my visit after our appointment. Right then, I could tell that he is not the kind of doctor who is done with the patient until the next visit. He wants success for you just as much as you want it. He promptly responded to emails, including one I had sent while he was out of his office on vacation. In addition, the nurses were all very caring and helpful. They returned calls and emails promptly and guided me through the cycle every step of the way. As it turned out, after one cycle, we are pregnant with twins!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

After a couple of recommendations from colleagues, I switched from Columbia's CWRC to Sher Institute to see Dr. Tortoriello. Hands down the best decision of my life. He is extremely knowledgeable, approachable and so incredibly kind. I had poor response to stims and I liked his gentle approach of less is more since more wasn't helping at all. After 3 IVFs, I am now successfully pregnant at 18 weeks with my first child at the age of 43. The amount of gratitude I have for him and his team cannot be measured. I wish all infertility patients could experience what I did with Dr T. He is the most caring doctor ever and I can't recommend him enough. He makes miracles happen!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr. T was the one for me as well. After months at Cornell spent taking more and more medication that did not help and left traces in my body for months, I was recommended Dr. Tortoriello. He found right away the right treatment for me and the result was positive after the first cycle! I can't believe I wasted so much time before. I feel like one big difference is that SIRM is relatively small, people know who you are. Dr. T answers emails in a timely manner and you feel like you receive the appropriate care, not the same treatment as everybody else because it's the procedure. Overall, I strongly recommend this very nice and greatly capable doctor.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I'm early in the process but wanted to share some feedback - my husband and I just had a consultation with Dr. T. We were both quite impressed with how he answered every question, how calm and assured he, and in turn, how calm he made us (me in particular, which is a feat given how stressed I've been with this process). I had previously gone for a consultation with another clinic and knew right away it wasn’t the place for me. Unlike other places, Dr. T will work with you based on what YOU need, not simply on what will yield him business results.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. T is exceptional. After 3 failed cycles and 11 doctors later we finally found the ONE. I am never satisfied n was always on forums trying to match the info that my dr gave me. But this was not the case with Dr. T. For the first time I could trust a doc completely. He is very personable and approachable. Him being totally accessible via email was the best thing. I always felt cared for. I felt like a human being and not a head count that most big universities make you feel. This was my first cycle with Dr. T and exactly a year later I was blessed with two beautiful twin girls :) its all because of this miracle worker that my heart will always burst with happiness. If you are struggling please do a consult with him. His out of the box approach can give u ur miracle way before anyone can.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Dr. Drew Tortoriello's Credentials

GHI
Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I highly recommend Dr. Tortoriello. After two years of unsuccessful treatments in DC, I traveled to New York for an appointment with Dr. T. He took his time ..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I can't recommend Dr. T enough. We came to him after many years of unsuccessfully trying for the baby. He ran tests, gave us options. I went for the 2nd opinion..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am not one for writing reviews or testimonials, but we are not talking about widgets here... If you're reading this, you're likely embarking on, or perhaps a..."

October 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I highly recommend Dr. Tortoriello and his team at Sher Institute. He is patient and helpful and was extremely knowledgeable in answering my questions and in hi..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After a couple of recommendations from colleagues, I switched from Columbia's CWRC to Sher Institute to see Dr. Tortoriello. Hands down the best decision of my ..."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. T IS THE BEST doctor I have met. I appreciate everything he did for me. He always patientful to explain everything. And answer my question quickly."

June 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. T was the one for me as well. After months at Cornell spent taking more and more medication that did not help and left traces in my body for months, I was r..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm early in the process but wanted to share some feedback - my husband and I just had a consultation with Dr. T. We were both quite impressed with how he answ..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. T is exceptional. After 3 failed cycles and 11 doctors later we finally found the ONE. I am never satisfied n was always on forums trying to match the info ..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have 2 beautiful children courtesy of Dr. Tortoriello. I look at them daily and cry tears of joy and disbelief."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Dr T. Our beautiful baby boy was born one week ago and we cannot be more thankful. We have found Dr T and the Share institute after 2 failed IVF perf..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have 7 month old boy - IVF and happy that we switched to SIRM from a bigger NJ clinic. Couldn't be happier looking at my baby boy every day. Dr. T saw me at e..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My daughter is now 4 , I am from upstate New York and luckily found DR.T, I was with another dr previously for 1 year who lead me in the wrong direction and re..."

January 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful doctor and staffs. He is one of the best doctors I have ever met. They are very kind and can ease all of my worries during the whole treatment period."

December 4, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "By far one of the best doctors I have ever encountered. Dr. Tortoriello is the most caring compassionate & knowledgeable doctor you could have. After years of t..."

December 4, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The doctor is good but working through an indifferent and unresponsive support staff is a nightmare."

September 4, 2014