Ratings for Dr. Drew Tortoriello

There really are no words that I can write that can describe how grateful I am that I walked into Dr. T office, after being at another clinic for over 3 years. I was so hopeless and thought after years and years of infertility I would never be able to have a baby. I did numerous IUI and 2 failed IVF cycles at my old clinic. Meeting Dr. T and listening to his plans for me I actually started to believe this can work for me. Dr. T was always very honest and never gave me false hope (which I always appreciated), but I truly felt that I was in the best hands with a very knowledgeable Dr. who always had my best interest at heart. My IVF cycle with Dr. T was definitely not an easy one, as my ovaries do not respond well to medication. There were a lot of ups and downs and I was not very hopeful to say the least when we ended up with ONE embryo by day 5. Well that ONE little embryo is my greatest miracle, my beautiful 6 month old boy. Dr. T never gave up on me, and remember him saying all you need is one good one. And boy was he right. I am forever grateful to Dr. T and his staff for making me a mom something I never thought would be possible for me. If anyone every asks me if I know a good fertility I am soooo happy to be able to send them Dr. T's way. Thank you Dr. T and his wonderful staff for all of your hard work and personal involvement in my journey, there are truly no words when you are able to help someone achieve the greatest gift :)

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

Doctor Tortoriello: This is a letter to you from Mayuki.... maybe you remember my story. You will not be forgot in my house. You first helped me in 2008 when you took my fibroids out. And then I had my first baby. When 2 years later I needed your help again you did the in vitro. I made 2 embryos. Each embryo made a boy for us. I am to move soon but will return to you when I need assistance. Please make a great New Year for 2018!!! Love Mayuki and Jonathan

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Dr. Tortoriello is the reason I have 2 children. He did not give up on me when I was told by others to give up because I has very high FSH level. He is very patient and has always been honest and up front about my chances from the beginning but never stopped being hopeful. They found my husband had sperm breakage issues and used a method to help get his best sperm for use. That did the trick twice for us. Thank you Dr. for all you did and we are coming back in the summertime.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Don't do that to yourself, please. I am traumatized by this practice. - Dr T is not reliable. I had 36 eggs retrieved. I had to take medication during one week after the retrieval ( additional cost 1500$) to decrease the blooding, only 19 fertilized. I went to an other practice (RMA NY ) 30 eggs, 29 fertilized, no medication after the retrieval, no blooding, shorter cycle, more eggs fertilized! - I was running out of medication, they was nice enough to help me until i received by meds with EXPIRED MEDICATION. I noticed that 3 days after!!!!! Can you believe that, they gave me expired medication! - I got one of the eggs they retrieved transfered by RMA. I was pregnant for 10 weeks. Then we discovered the embryo has some genetic default which should have been discovered during the genetic testing Sher had done (very expensive). I am sure Sher took the money and didn't test the embryo . Thanks to them i am 10 weeks pregnant and I am just waiting to have this fetus dies into my body as it had genetic default!!!!! Can you imagine the trauma. - Dr T obviously failed at a `1st transfer. - They charge you for everything. Everything. They just care about the money . You are a number with a $ value no more. I think they don't want you to be pregnant as they will make more money if you aren't. Just don't do that to yourself. By chance I had already 2 kids. It is a terrible practice and my experience with Dr T was traumatic.

Submitted January 28, 2018

Dr. Tortoriello & his staff were amazing. I was seeing a different doctor & Dr I fed to get a second opinion & I’m so thankful I did. My daughter was born in December & I have Dr. Tortoriello to thank. He is e trembly thorough & also has excellent bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Dr. T was my 3rd fertility doctor and by far the best. He really knows how to work with low egg patients....he just seems like an "egg-whisperer". He used much lower stim meds too. I had one blast that he transferred fresh and now I sit here with my daughter asleep next to me in her crib. I could cry over the thought that I nearly gave up before I saw him. Imagine that. She would not be here. But thank god she is...and thank you Dr. T for your skill and kindness.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018

It is my honor to write this review on Dr. Tortoriello (Dr. T), who treated me with great knowledge and professional care. We are joyful in my pregnancy the birth of our daughter this October and we are really glad to be treated by Dr. T. I went to Dr. T when I was 38 after many rounds of IUI and two IVF with another clinic. We had really hard time attending the other factory-like clinic—dealing with multiple doctors, waiting in long lines and facing with a big stack of bills. The meeting with the primary doctor was usually very cold and brief and I could feel that she was exhausted and was ready to dismiss me as fast as possible. My husband and I were ready to give up after 3 years over there. But we finally made up minds to search for another doctor and take the last IVF chance. After two months on the waiting list, we got our appointment with Dr. T. And all those online reviews are telling the consistent story. He is the person I can trust. He is compassionate and objective at the same time. He is not a magic maker but he is the best possible doctor you could work with as a man. He won’t give up if you don’t but he also gives you alterative options and make sure that you are comfortable with your choices. I believe his biggest goal is to make women fulfill their dreams of becoming a mother. And with that goal, he stands out from his peers.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

I live in Staten Island, New York and I googled "Best fertility doctor in New York" after a dissatisfactory visit with practically the only reproductive endocrinologist in Staten Island. I figured that there must be some excellent fertility doctors and clinics in Manhattan and Dr. Tortoriello showed up repeatedly in my search. I looked at Dr. Tortoriello's impressive credentials and made an appointment. I must write that waiting the three months for that first available appointment was well worth the wait because Dr. Tortoriello immediately made me feel at ease with his care, consideration, and knowledge. He is an extremely intelligent doctor and I was more than comfortable to begin my journey right away with him and the wonderful staff at Sher Fertility. I did undergo two unsuccessful IUI treatments but Dr. Tortoriello did notice that there's were motility issues with my husband's sperm so we then did an IVf treatment. I conceived with the IVF treatment and just gave birth to my daughter right after my 41st birthday. To this day I am thankful more than words could accurately describe to have ever found Dr. Tortoriello and I did say "Go Dr. T!" the moment I hung up the phone with Sher telling me the excellent news that I was pregnant. I have advised everyone that I know to go to Dr. Tortoriello because one really does deserve the best doctor and treatment available! Dr. Tortoriello is a real-life miracle worker and a genuine credit to the medical community and his patients!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

I have been through a lot of treatments and sadness. I did many insemenations with clomid and had 2 miscarriages before I came to SIRM. I thought I had a bicornuate uterus for 2 years thanks to others mistakes. Dr. Tortoriello found that I actually had a septum in my uterus instead and he removed it. I got pregnnant 2 months later and did not miscarry. I am so full of happiness now...it is worth all I did. But thank you thank you Dr. T....you are wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

I have PCO syndrome and never get a period. Dr. Tortoriello helped me so much. I had an early form of diabetes too. He helped my sugars get under control and after 2 IUI cycles I was pregnant. He was just a godsend to me and was so kind and thorough.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017