Ratings for Dr. Drew Tortoriello

Dr. Tortoreillo is amazing and if you are even considering an IVF procedure I think you should definitely begin here. I tried two IVF cycles in Canada before going with SIRM manhattan clinic. Dr. T is the most personable Doctor you will find in this field with a complete wealth of knowledge and considers things that no other Doctor even thought to check or that may be a problem. I had a baby boy with Dr. T's help 5 years ago and I am now 3 months pregnant with my second also with the help of Dr. T. Don't hesitate start the process, once you start the process it is not as overwhelming as it seems and everything just flows along.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

He is the BEST me and my husband have been trying for 5 years been to other IVF clinics and nothing compares he's so caring and I really can't stress enough on how amazing he he rocks I'm now almost 3 months pregnant and I can. Thank him enough for this BLESSING at 41 years old I recommend anyone to go to DR T

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I can't stress enough how amazing Dr. T is. He makes you feel so at ease with his manner and breadth of knowledge. I wasn't confident that I would be able to get pregnant after being diagnosed with a classic case of pcos many years ago (all symptoms except that I am very slim). However, we were lucky enough that Dr.T knew the exact protocol to use with my case. After just one attempt of IVF (frozen embryo transfer) we were blessed with the birth of our boy/girl twins just a few months ago. I really can't state enough how much I believe that this is down to Dr T's excellence and to the fantastic work of the nursing staff at SIRM.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I was hesitant to write a review on Dr.T because he already has so many excellent reviews. My baby just turned 1 year old and she is in excellent condition. She is beautiful, healthy and always happy. I decided to write this review because my friend told me about her fertility issue and Dr.T is the only one I know who was able to help me and the only one I am confident to recommend to my friend. It took me about a year but he got his job done. I will come back to him for the second one when/if I'm ready!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

My history: IVF#1 with different RE: BFP MC@8w IVF#2/FET#1 with different RE and PGS embryo: BFN IVF#3/FET#2 w/ Dr T + PGS embryo: BFP Dr. T was amazing and everything that is written about him is absolutely true. At my first consult with him, he was so nice and comforting. He answered all of my questions. He is one of the few RE that does immune testing. We spoke for a while and he put all of my comforts at ease. He said we would do another cycle with IVF/PGS and also test for immune issues. The immune testing demonstrated that I was positive for elevated natural killer cells. He came up with an IVF protocol which I underwent, and out of 21 eggs, I made 6 blasts, but only was PGS normal. I was 32 at the time. We then started prepping for a FET and he did something that was different. He had me on an intralipids infusion every 3 weeks. He also had me on letrozole which helps with implantation, prednisone and folic acid. He closely monitored my lining and adjusted my meds. I messed up that FET by accidently taking medroxyprogesterone tablet instead of progesterone (I grabbed the wrong bottle). So the cycle was cancelled. He never got upset with me at all. He just told me to stop the meds and wait for two bleeds before I could start prepping again. In that time I did another endo scratch and when I got my period I restarted prepping. He only transferred when the lining looked perfect. He allowed my husband come into the room and my husband was allowed to watch the transfer take place. I was so greatful to Dr. T for allowing this. The best thing about this man is that he cares so much about his patients. He is the most patient doctor I have ever met and he has so responsive to emails. Doctors can be the worst patients, and I would email him with any and all questions I had. No matter what time of the day or if it was the night or weekend, Dr. T always (and I mean ALWAYS) responded to emails. I cant begin to tell you how amazing and comforting it is to be able to always be able to constantly email your doctor whenever you need to…and to have a caring doctor who will respond to your email in less than 5 min. To have a patient doctor who will not let you get on his nerves. He is such a gentleman. He is on top of my and my situation. He always monitors my cycles as well. He was very accommodating to me and my schedule and I am so appreciative of that. Although I was not happy with my PGS results, all it takes is one embryo…and Dr. T made conditions optimal for me….I got my BFP and am currently 5w4d. Now just waiting on my first US to see a heartbeat… I thank Dr. T for getting me this far. I thank him for being so readily available. Not only is he smart, he is such a humble and caring doctor. He answers all of my questions whenever I had them, always responding to emails. I always had a physician doing my US and he was the only doctor who was on top of my care…none of this ‘doctor of the day’ making a decision about someone. I think I really needed that individual care to get me where I am. Lets hope this little bean sticks for the whole 9 months!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Tortoriello's for almost 3 years. He is probably one of the most incredible doctors I have ever encountered. He is genuine, compassionate, honest, knowledgeable and has the best bedside manner. He believed that my husband and I could get pregnant even when I didn't believe in it after all the years of trying to conceive and not being successful. Dr. T will never push treatments on you and really has your best interest at heart. I was very conservative at the beginning of our infertility journey and Dr. T from day one told us IVF with ICSI is what we needed. I insisted on trying multiple IUIs which all failed. Finally, I am happy to say that our 3rd IVF brought us our little miracle after trying for 5 years total. It was trial and error, trying different protocols and medications that's suitable for my body. Never once did I consider going to another doctor as I was confident I was in good hands with Dr. T. I especially loved that Dr. T is always reachable by email and responds promptly whenever I have a concern or question. He's emailed me about supplements he thinks I should be taking to increase the chances of success even when I was on treatment hiatus. There were a couple of times when I was given an appointment time that conflicted with my work schedule and when I brought this to Dr. T's attention, he made time on his busy schedule to accommodate me knowing it was hard for me to take off from work. His team of nurses are friendly and are helpful to simplify the logistics of treatments. I am so grateful for Dr. T for making our dreams of becoming parents a reality. I have recommended him to many of my friends and could not sing enough praises about him.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I highly recommend Dr.T and SIRM. Dr.T and his staff are wonderful. He is very kind, knowledgeable, and good human being. We were trying to have a second baby since so long, but didn't get success. Then we came to know about Dr.T. He listened to us very carefully and guided us accordingly. His staff is also very good, supportive and helpful. Management is so good. I never waited there more than 15 mins to see the doctor. One of the best things is that Dr. T personally replies to your all emails no matter whether it's a small or big query. Even he supported, guided me after completion of the treatment. Now I am blessed with a baby boy. I would like to Thank Dr. T and his staff from the bottom of my heart.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Words cannot express our extreme gratitude for how Dr. Tortoriello changed our lives.We first met with Dr. Tortoriello in the fall of 2014, as we had difficulty conceiving after a year of trying. At the time I was 37 years old and my husband was 41. The preliminary bloodwork and testing concluded “Unexplained Infertility”. As many couples with fertility issues know, the process is an emotional rollercoaster, filled with moments of hope, and moments of discouragement.. Meeting with Dr. Tortoriello was always encouraging, even after 3 failed IUI's. But thankfully, after our first IVF cycle in July 2015, we were overjoyed with the news that we were pregnant. After the first ultrasound at 6 weeks, we were doubly blessed with the news that we were expecting twins! On March 22nd 2016, we were blessed with the birth of our 2 beautiful twin girls weighing 5lbs 9 oz and 5lbs 1 oz.. Gratefully, I had a wonderful pregnancy, and gave birth to my girls full term, at 37 weeks.. I was very lucky to have had a vaginal birth, and the labor process went smoothly. Infertility is a difficult process for anyone to go through. There were so many different emotions that we personally experienced throughout the process. However, every time we entered SHER Institute, we were immediately put at ease. Every staff member was very professional, and made every experience at the office a positive one. Because Dr. Tortoriello was easily accessible through email (even when we asked some crazy questions!), our anxieties were significantly decreased. The nurses also responded in a timely matter—very important when you are trying to figure out if you injected yourself correctly in the middle of the night! We have never experienced such wonderful patient centered care in our lives. This is the type of care every person going through infertility deserves. Dr. T. worked with us through the entire process, choosing the appropriate options for our particular situation. He always thoroughly answered our questions when we felt overwhelmed. He always made us feel comfortable and gave us personalized attention during our appointments. His soft spoken demeanor provided for a stress-free visit, regardless of the emotions I may have had the night before or earlier in the day. Every time we look at our daughters, we are in awe, we are grateful, and we feel blessed. Without Dr. Tortoriello and the Sher Institute, we never would have been the family we are today. He was born with the gift to change lives and, we are very blessed to have met him. This review is long overdue, as the twins are keeping us busy! I have been wanting to write a review since the day they were born. I too, searched for Reproductive Endocrinologist reviews, and ultimately chose Dr. T because of the wonderful reviews I read on multiple sites. Infertility is very difficult for anyone to go through. Knowing I was in good hands the entire time, kept me thinking positive and gave me hope. I hope this review helps with your doctor selection process, as previous reviews by satisfied patients had helped me.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. T, he is the best! I am 40 years old and after trying to get pregnant for many years with no success I decided to look for help. I read very good reviews about Dr. T on line and thought that he would be the right doctor for me. I wasn't disappointed at all and now our little princess is about 1 month old. I did 3 IUI`s and 1 IVF with no success and got pregnant at the second IVF. At the second IVF Dr. T made adjustments to my medications and everything worked out fine and I got pregnant. Of course, all those shots from the IVF is a little bit uncomfortable and the whole IVF process, no matter the doctor you will go to, will be a little bit stressful but at the end when your baby is born you realize that every effort, time and money spent was worth it. I don`t have words to thank him enough...Having our daughter now is the best gift we have ever had!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Very unprofessional, never prepared. Doesn't seem as if Dr. T or his staff cares for their patients. Save your self the stress and go elsewhere.

Submitted December 15, 2016