Ratings for Dr. Douglas J. Blatz

Dr.Blatz and Dr.Brice Blatz collaborated seamlessly on my surgery and treatment plan. I had an abnormal injury (broken femur) so they prepared for a few different surgery options when we went into the procedure. My questions were always answered and the ladies who work with the doctors are absolutely lovely! Their scope of knowledge is fantastic and they took great care of me!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Office staff was very friendly and knowledgeable! Doctor Douglas Blatz performed my surgery of a meniscus tear and he did an amazing job. After 4 weeks back to normal completely! I would recommend this office and the doctors to everyone. Very happy with everything.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Has a big passion and knowledge for what he is doing ä. Very professional!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr. Doug Blatz is a pro. Knowledgeable and clear. Appointment times were flexible.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Situation came on suddenly and Dr Blatz accommodated me right away with expert care. Surgery and results were exactly as described, all around a great experience and a wonderful Doctor. We could not have done better!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

This is my third surgery by Dr. Blatz, and I am completely satisfied with his work. He did a TKR on my right knee about 13 years ago and that changed my life for the better. After 30-40000 miles of cycling, one of the parts wore out and he replaced it and that is going very well. He also did rotator cuff repair on my right shoulder, and again completely successful. He is knowledgable, patient--takes the time to answer ALL your questions--obviously has a great bedside manner, and seems to always be available if you need him. Must be nice to his staff, too, because they are cheerful and welcoming in addition to being quite competent.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Dr Douglas Blatz and his son, Dr Brice Blatz, saw my 14 year old son after a knee injury in the surf of Hawaii and quickly and expertly diagnosed him with a torn meniscus. He explained in thorough detail the injury and surgery and recovery procedures necessary. Dr. Blatz performed my son's surgery and provided me with detailed descriptions, including photos taken of the injured and repaired tissues during surgery. He followed up with my son immediately after surgery and prescribed physical therapy for approximately three months, meeting with us each month to assess progress and answer questions. Dr Blatz and his entire staff are extremely professional, kind and caring. I could not recommend a better knee surgeon and am very grateful for the expert work he performed to get my son back in sports-ready shape!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Shoulder and knee I'm three months into recovery and pleased with my progress.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Very great, made the whole process a lot easier to deal with.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Blatz for over 20 years. I will never go to him again. His technical skills are okay, but the way he runs his office does not work for me. On average I would wait 45 minutes to be seen and then be rushed out in under two minutes. His office makes many mistakes, scheduling appointments when he is not even in the office, not updating your information so they send your bill to the wrong address for 9 months, and most recently telling me that my bill was paid and I had a zero balance and then three weeks later send my account to collections. After being a patient for 20 years and never having a billing issue, he refused to discuss this issue with me. Several customer advocacy groups agreed that he did not handle my account in a responsible manner. So disappointed!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

Dr. Douglas J. Blatz's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1975)

Assurant