Ratings for Dr. Louis Aviles

After my primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Aviles and was perplexed by comments here that ratings were so far apart. Due to the number of high ratings I made an appointment. My own experience - first, the person I spoke with when making my appointment was a little abrupt (aka busy). Second, I can totally understand requesting a referral from your primary care doctor. Many insurance companies will not pay when you self diagnose and directly see a specialist. What YOU may think is the problem may not actually be the problem. Once I arrived at the office, there was a short wait to see Dr. Aviles (one patient before me). The employee who checked me in was very friendly. The nurse whom I saw in the exam room was "very" knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly". Dr. Aviles - what can I say but I love him. He took time to address all of my concerns. Two weeks after I returned from a mission trip I was in so much pain I could barely walk. I was in tears when my primary care doctor touched an area in my stomach (and I am generally a toughie when it comes to pain). My primary care doctor ordered a CT scan and once he received the results, he called a GI doctor and a radiologist to go over the results. Two weeks later he ordered a follow up scan (last Friday). The following Tues I was in Dr. Aviles office and found it was him that my primary care doctor conferenced with - and I was "not" even Dr. Aviles patient then. He gave me a prescription to address what we both believe is a problem I picked up outside the country. I also made my husband an appointment with Dr. Aviles on the way out as our primary care doctor had told him earlier that he needed a colonoscopy and to see Dr. Aviles. I was asked if my husband or I had seen a local GI doctor - which we had each seen one in FL but not in this area. I did not ask but possibly Dr. Aviles does not want to offend fellow GI doctors by getting into a war over patients. He strikes me as a very intelligent, caring, and gentle man - one I have complete confidence in if a problem should arise. My husband's father died with colon cancer so a tremendous GI doctor is especially important for him - and I am sure we found the right doctor in Dr. Aviles. I was VERY IMPRESSED with him!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr Aviles is so genuine and caring. Recently, I was with a friend when he told her after her colonoscopy that he found cancer. He was so kind and so optimistic. He called her at home to check on her later. He is also my personal GI guy...he has always taken great care to listen and to answer my questions. His diagnostic skills are right on!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Non Caring Doctor. Be aware of his just good talking. No better than that

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I have had stomach problems for as long as I can remember. I have bounced around from GI to GI so many times, I've lost count. I am so happy that I finally found a home. Dr. Aviles and his staff made me feel like I was a part of their family! I immediately knew that I would be sticking with this GI. Dr. Aviles took the time I needed and truly listened to my concerns!! Honestly, it was so refreshing to not feel like I was getting rushed!! I If you live within 50 miles of this office, it's worth the drive time to make Dr. Aviles your GI!!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Dr Aviles has been my doctor for several years. He is very attentive and listens to my concerns. His staff are friendly and professional. He is very detailed and my procedure went well

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Very pleasant office staff and Dr Avilez was great! He is very knowledgeable and his bedside manner is top notch. I

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I'm D.A.V. Have met with staff and find them very professional. Based on the "fruits" (staff) of his office, I am strongly considering having my next exam with Dr. Aviles, (Even though it's about an hour's drive). As a "soldier" myself, I can only determine how great the leader (Dr. Aviles ) is, by his followers (staff). I can't rate on punctuality just yet because I have yet to await a response from the V.A. for an approval ( The V.A., I can rate "poorly" on punctuality). I haven't the pleasure yet on Dr. Aviles, but I am looking forward to doing so. But if his "staff" is a reflection of "The Dr.", I would have to pay it forward and rate "excellent" overall!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr Aviles is an amazing Doctor. He is very helpful, always answers all my questions. His attitude is the best. I have referred my friends to him. His staff is always very helpful and super friendly.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

This doctor refuses to see you if you have not seen your primary care first. Even tho, he is highly reviewed online, I find the way of treating new patients in need, disrespectful and rude. The answering the phone lady was absolutely rude and never even returned the phone call. I had to keep insisting after a week later. When a patient has a condition and looks for help, the worse thing it can happen is being slammed with a NO in the face and shoved to see your Primary Care. Horrible CS!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Overcharges insurance company. Not much feedback after procedures. Just doing it for the money. Office staff not helpful. No one take responsibility.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr. Louis Aviles's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1987)

Harvard-Pilgrim