Ratings for Dr. Michelle A. Boyle

I've been studying these comments below and oh! I can recognize my own complaints about Dr. Boyle: “arrogance” - “Dr laughs off when you speak to he[r] about medical conditions. I felt confused and not listened to by the end of every visit. I am looking for a new primary care who will actually listen to me” - “Staff are rude when you call” - “If she has a bad day you will suffer” - “She's careless and insensitive to individual needs” - “does not always listen to what patient tells her” - “is unwilling to listen, treats patients not as people” - “she is rude, tactless and has a horrible bed-side manor [sic]” - “Treated like a number”… What is taking me away from her is this comment from someone back in 2009: “Doesn't seem to care anymore.” I felt a long time ago she was showing signs of burn-out, but I’ve kept on giving her benefit of the doubt because “she had helped our family through some pretty difficult times” too. But I’ve seen carelessness like this: “Both could have been on antibiotics and on way to recovery much sooner if Dr Boyle had bothered (2009)” Yes, that’s happened to me. And she’s asked ME when I went for a general checkup, to remind HER about an operation I’d had. She just didn’t want to be bothered to check through the info on the screen to find it. That was all too clear. But I felt she should be doing so, and I showed surprise. So she begrudgingly checked the data. She had forgotten the operation - thought it was about my back, but it was my shoulder. I’ve been with her for many years, so that is not acceptable. I was always disappointed that when she moved into her separate office, with the other female doctor at their previous clinic, the really nice members of staff didn’t follow her. Only one staff member went to the new location: the one nurse aid who rarely smiled and seemed always so cold and detached. At that moment I almost left. But it’s hard to leave your doctor. It takes a final straw - and that happened in the last 48 hours. And it was more the inefficiency of her staff and their lack of caring about it, that triggered this decision. They showed me a reflection of her: and yes, she doesn't seem to care anymore. So that's it. I do not recommend to anybody that you seek Dr. Boyle out as your new doctor. She is weary, fed up, impatient and consistently lacking in sympathy and empathy. As someone said in another comment: "She doesn't want to hear a thing you say and gets aggrevated [sic] if you ask her any questions" And that was back in 2006! Boy, do I recognize that description. I only stayed with her because we've been thinking of moving out of State (for quite a long while) and it seemed unfair to register with another doctor if we were going to do that. But, we're still here. And so, I'm not going to remain there - at her office - any longer. It feels good, really good to look forward to this new doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

This wonderful doctor tried to force me to buy my prescription from Wallgreens at an outragous price. When I pleaded with her to allow me to buy it at Walmart where it is super cheap she attempted to have me arrested by the uninformed Middletown PD. I filed a formal complaint with the RI Department of Health who ended up not following up on my complaint. The manager of the Walmart Pharmacy was my witness to the arrogance of Dr. Boyle and her staff who refused to allow Walmart to fill the prescription. The Walmart cost was about $2.00 Walgreen wanted around $50 for same generic. This woman and her staff should be in jail for drug racaketering. But we are in one of the most corrupt states in the union and I was not surprised at the criminal behavior of these public servants.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Staff are rude when you call. They are not forthcoming about dr being in office. Dr laughs off when you speak to he about medical conditions. I felt confused and not listened to by the end of every visit. I am looking for a new primary care who will actually listen to me.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Michelle Boyle this so called Doctor is a horrible person. I recommend you go to anyone but her. If she has a bad day you will suffer.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

I should've listened to the negative reviews...She's messed up my prescription several times since I switched over to her. I've been on the same one for 15 years and never, until I met her, had any problems with this...and that isn't even the half of it. I would NOT recommend going to her. She's careless and insensitive to individual needs...On the bright side, I heard the "other" doctors at her practice are fabulous. Try them, before you encounter Dr. Boyle and like me, choose to leave the practice completely.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2012

Im quite surprised by these reviews below. Dr. Boyle has always been very accommodating. My whole family goes to her and she has helped us through some pretty difficult times. I would certainly recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2012

does not always listen to what patient tells her about past medical history

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

horrible doctor. do NOT ever go to her. she is unwilling to listen, treats patients not as people but as money going into her pocket. she is rude, tactless and has a horrible bed-side manor. AVOID HER AT ALL COSTS. i have suffered unnecessary physical and emotional pain because of her "treatment". this doctor is a joke, her license should be revoked immediately.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

Treated like a number, attempted to up sell me on other exams/procedures, other than what I was there for. She will not return phone calls, will only talk to patients by office appointments (that means you have to take time off work even to ask a very simple question, office said her policy is to NOT speak to patients on the phone). I refuse to lose money while she makes money for doing nothing. She also only prescribed a 6 month supply on basic med that in my 25 years of taking it have always been prescribed a 1 year supply. Beware, she and their office are only interested in $$$.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

Doesn't seem to care anymore. Saw my 2 children, spent about 15 seconds with each, said "probably just a virus, come back if not better in few days." 48 hours later, returned, saw different doctor in the practice, one child had reging ear infection, other had pneumonia. Both could have been on antibiotics and on way to recovery much sooner if Dr Boyle had bothered to even listen to their breathing or looked in their ears. I will not go to her again or reommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

Dr. Michelle A. Boyle's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Oxford