Ratings for Dr. Michael L. Cogan

Dr. Cogan saved my life. (Need I say more?) I had an emergency situation and went to labor & delivery at the hospital: my doctor and his associate were both missing in action. Dr. Cogan never met me before, but, within a few minutes of meeting him, I knew that I was in excellent hands. He is very caring and an expert in his field. He has delivered both of my kids. I have seen him since 2004. The only times I had a long wait for a check up is when he had to go deliver a baby. This is true for all OB/GYN doctors. I highly recommend Dr. Cogan.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr Cogan delivered both of my kids and he is just an amazing, caring and genuine Doctor ! Yes the wait can be a bit much but sometimes he gets delayed because he out delivering a baby. I would just remind myself that I would want him to be there for me . I always would ask why he's late and it was usually because he was delivering a baby. Babies don't always come when they are suppose to, any how I love Dr Cogan!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Cogan delivered all three of my children. My husband and I love Dr. Cogan. He did have a lot of patients, but I never had issues with waiting. The staff was always helpful and nice. He always looked out for us.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

like others, i had to wait up to 2 hours for a 5 min appointment. I asked what I, and alot of books say are good questions and he made it seem like I was high strung. He never really made an effort to make sure I was doing the right things, never talked to me about prenatals, or how to take care of myself through my pregnancy, though I did on my own. After I had my baby, I developed postpartum and he never once tried to find me help or even asked if I was ok, even though at my 6wk check up I was and had been crying through out my appointment. He acted like it wasnt even happening. I only went to him because I had AIM at the time otherwise I would NEVER recomend him or go to him again!!!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

I went for my first prenatal visit several weeks ago with Dr Cogan. He seems like a very nice, very casual doctor. Unfortunately we waited almost 2 hrs to be seen which was not the only issue. I had an intelligent question about miscarriage and reply was "anything can cause one". Ok! That helped. I had to deal with his front desk staff for 2 weeks re an authorization from my med group, and they LIED to me and told me it was still pending (probably to get me off the phone), but med group confirmed it was approved and already faxed a week prior. They don't take atm or visa so hubby went to ATM, (and front desk knew he was doing that), he came back and they said "we don't have change". Could they have said that before he went down the street so he could have bought a drink or something? When I signed in I saw 5 other women with the exact same appt time. I could go on and on. We are finding new OB for our pregnancy.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

Starting with the first visit I was uncomfortable because there were a lot of blanks to fill in. I felt as though my visits were always rushed. Another doctor had to fill in for him at the time of my complications and the follow up visit was no different. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

Dr. Cogan is a kind, caring man who makes a point to get to know each patient. He remembers the details and takes great care at all appts/hospital stays.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2008

Dr. Michael L. Cogan's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1997)

AHC