Ratings for Dr. Haysam Akkad

In spite of how busy he is, he has always seemed caring to me. He is knowledgeable and more helpful than most heart doctors I've met, with a genuine desire to help his patients. His office is not forgiving of billing errors, even though their billing system can be extremely confusing, and that has caused one person I know to stop using his services. I blame that on his staff but it could as well be the greater medical system there, as part of the problem is duplicate bills without a listed source for the services.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Saw Dr. Akkad for an abnormal EKG. His nurse took my vitals and ran another EKG. Dr. Akkad came in shortly and went over everything with me. He took time to answer my questions and even walked me out when my appointment was over. His staff was also very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

I researched for a good Cardiologist in the Omaha area who I thought I could trust. Based on some reviews I decided to try Dr. Akkad. His knowledge seemed great but his bedside manner was terrible and I felt like he didn't care to listen to what I had to say and if a doctor doesn't want to listen to what you have to say then how can I trust that he's providing me with an accurate diagnosis? He would cut me off before I was done speaking and proceed to tell me the answer to what he thought I was asking. I must say however the front desk office staff were absolutely fantastic. A young woman named Dianne checked me in and I must say she was absolutely the most professional and friendly front desk personnel I've had the pleasure of dealing with. Despite the excellent support staff he has, I don't think I'll be returning to visit Dr. Akkad anytime soon.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

I was referred to this Cardiologist by my Oncologist (small cell lung cancer 2004) for heart related symptoms I am experiencing. I suffer at times from a total inability to breathe, crackling lung congestion, shortness of breath w/activity, leg/ankle swelling and left venous insufficiency. Home oxygen saves my life during these episodes of what feels like strangulation. I use it when I cannot breathe. I went to see this doctor hoping to get a diagnosis and treatment for my condition which is obviously heart related. At his office my heart rate was around 120, my blood pressure was 80/50 and I was light headed. He prescribed me a form of Albuterol and set me up for a stress test. I am 76 years-old with chronic low blood pressure, rapid heart rate and left venous insufficiency and he needs a stress test to diagnose me! I did not follow any of his plans for me and I will not be going back to his office. I did give this man 5 stars for knowledge because I do believe he is knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Dr. Haysam Akkad's Credentials

• Univ Of Aleppo, Fac Of Med, Aleppo, Syria (Grad. 1990)

Commercial Insurance Company