Ratings for Dr. Stanley Ofori

I think all doctors are slightly arrogant, my husband says that Dr. Ofori has so far been kind and patient and knows what he is talking about, and is upfront with him. I've gone with my husband, and he seems ok to me.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

not worth the time or copay...not helpful, arrogant and rude

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Dr. Ofori let my sister die. She was under his care for three years. The last few months she was having problems breathing. When she told him, he said "what do you expect? You're a smoker." He started giving her antibiotics for pheumonia. He gave her three different rounds of them. He never took a chest x-ray. Let me say that again, HE NEVER TOOK A CHEST X-RAY, EVEN AFTER SHE REQUESTED ONE. Her neck started hurting her, so she went to a chiropractor. He took an x-ray that day, and called her the same afternoon to say she must get to a doctor or hospital immediately. She had a large mass in her lungs. She went by ambulance to the ER the following Sunday morning, because she couldn't breath. She died a week and a half later. She never had a chance to fight. I am so angry. She trusted him with her life. She had children and grandchildren. She was only 53.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Too often feel discounted by this doctor. Office takes weeks sometimes to return phone calls. Has consistently written my monthly prescription every month for two years incorrectly, thus causing delays, and aggrivation. He did a drug screen on me without ever getting my consent (came back clean of course, but still he never asked). He has yanked me off of medications without discussing it with me first (had to bring in patient advocates to stop him from making a big mistake). The ONE time he actually called me by phone, he hung up on me because I couldn't understand him. I told him I was in a crowded public place and needed a moment, but he refused... plus he has a VERY thick african accent and is difficult in person. I thought this to be extremely rude and unnecessary. I gave him no reason to hang up on me. I am a conscientious, professional person who knows how to communicate with others but it doesn't matter with him. I will replace him ASAP.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009