Ratings for Dr. Thomas K. Tan

Well, as a former patient of "Dr" Tan I just has to leave a rating and comment. If you are reading this the n you are concerned also about "Dr' Tan, and I use the term Dr. with doubts. All the reviews that you read at true. He and his wife only care about the money....your insurance or your co-pay. Now with that said.......He told me in my face in his office that he doesn't care if I live or die!!!!! It's your decision, but be prepared.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

A proactive doctor, nice doctor. Caring! N8ce staff.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Basics: Staff is stoic and unfriendly. They make you feel as if you are a nuisance from the moment you approach the desk. They seem to hate their jobs. Punctuality is the WORST. I have sat there and waited 2 hours in a FULL room. I can see how mad everyone is. I have struck up a conversation with the people around me and they talk about how their appointment time was 1.5-2 hours ago. I once angrily told the staff I was leaving and they'd better not bill me and they rushed me in. WTF. No respect for other people's time AT ALL. Helpfulness: If you need a prescript, he can write one. But otherwise he spends very little time with you. Knowledge: Due to how little time he spends with me, I have NO idea if he's very knowledgeable. I haven't had long enough discussions with him to get an impression on that. But he seems like a nice enough guy. The values are just lacking obviously. Not sure if it's his cold wife's who works up front or his idea to overbook the appts and make as much money as they can.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I am a former patient of "Dr" Tan. He "was " my PCP for 3 years. I got fed up with how he runs his practice, if you call it that. The wife who works in the office is of no use, ONLY MONEY! From reading all the reviews, everyone of them is true, I've been through an ordeal with this Dr. by prescribing to many meds that it landed me in the hospital!! Thank God that the manager of the pharmacy that I have my prescriptions filled notice that the meds that the Doc. is prescribing is not good. He referred me to his PCP that he goes to. I'm so glad that I changed. The new Doc is young, about 40 or so and the wait time is only about 5 minutes. The staff makes it a point to get to know you and they do "care" about your health!, not like Dr. Tan. My doc now goes over all the results of my blood tests and takes the time to explain what all those numbers mean and guides me to a better person, not to say that I'm not healthy. I came out with flying colors on my last blood test and I'm 62 years old. If you're reading this, then you obviously have some doubts about Dr. Tan. My advice, DON'T SEE HIM!!!!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

This office is ridiculous. Long wait times and they mess up your information. Be prepared to wait a long time at the office which is packed all the time. My appointment was at 11:15am and I didn't see the doctor until 1pm! When you do finally see the Dr., I usually only speak with him for 5 minutes tops! It's also been confirmed that they double and triple book appointments at the same time slot. Such a greedy office and the Dr. likes to push prescription drugs on you and not give you a chance to work on your health to lower your numbers. I'm pretty sure he's getting kickbacks by the number of prescriptions he writes. Such a sickening practice. I've spoken to other medical professionals about this office and have been appalled by my experiences. I'm so looking forward to having a Dr. that knows what it means to be a Doctor.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

The average wait time in his office is 2 hours and the average wait time he talks to u is under 2minutes. If I don't give a 48 hour advance notice to cancel my appointment,I am charged $5. If something comes up and I am unable to keep my appointment, I cannot call after hours because they don't accept messages on their machine so I have to wait till the next day when the office is open to cancel but by then it's under the 48 hour window and I have to pay the late fee. This is the first place that I know of that requires 48 hour notice. Most places require 24 hour notice. All this doctor cares about is making money whichever way he can. It wouldn't be a problem to me if they AT LEAST take messages on their phone so we have the opportunity to not be forced to pay $5. Most offices have an answering machine that accepts messages. THIS DOCTORS IS NOT LOSING MONEY FROM CANCELLED APPOINTMENTS. HE IS ALWAYS OVERBOOKED. THAT IS WHY WE HAVE AVERAGE WAIT TIME OF 2 hours...AT THE LEAST!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

It's true that Dr. Tan is a very nice man, true that he seems intelligent. Sadly, it also seems true that he is really out to make money as easily as possible. Why charge me to come into your office so that I can pick up a form for a blood test? And why charge me again to come to your office so you can give me a copy of the results? Granted, he discusses the results with you as well but for the most part, a phone call to say "Oh, results were negative" would be sufficient. Also, he sits across from you and does not come near you. If you have a rash, he won't get close to look at it. When I have a cold, he has never put a tongue depressor into my mouth to look at my throat. He mostly sits away from you and interviews you for symptoms then writes you a prescription based on that or orders a blood test and reschedules you for another appointment for the results. On a positive note, he will fit you into his schedule if you need an appt right away as people often do.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

All this doctor cares about is how much money he will make. I overheard him and the nurse talking. He doesn't care about his patients and his facility is dirty. I was very sick and all I really needed was a doctors note to let my job know I was sick. He was going to charge me $40!! Ridiculous!! I ended up walking out. I will never go back to him again will change my PCP.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

I saw Dr. Tan in 1999ish for pain in my shoulder,arm and hand. He told me I had to quit my job and have carpel tunnel surgery, or else I wouldn't be able to ever hold my future children. I left his office very distraut and depressed. I never had surgery or returned to him. I later found out I had food allergies and since removing the foods I have completely healed and have been pain free untill this day. I would not recomend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2007

More worried about making money than anything

flag | Submitted February 28, 2007

Dr. Thomas K. Tan's Credentials

• University Of Hawaii John A. Burns School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal