Dr. Ralph A. Gambardella

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ralph A. Gambardella

Dr. Gambardella has seen me through many surgeries, even though he may not have been the operating surgeon. I've had joint issues my whole life and I always go to Dr. G for advice and referral. I trust him and all the surgeons at Kerlan Jobe. They are now part of the Cedars network.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Excellent and very knowledgeable doctor that without a doubt knows what he’s doing. He takes his time and explains everything in great detail and gives treatment options. To top it off he has a great personality. Highly recommendable ..

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. Gambardella is a very skillful surgeon. The problem is that his practice is horribly mismanaged. My husband was scheduled for a pre-op visit with Dr. Gambardella this Wednesday and surgery on his rotator cuff on Friday. We now live in the Bay Area but haven't found a doctor of Gambardella's caliber. We purchased airline tickets, arranged for transport to our local airport, reserved a hotel room and rental car in LA. While we were waiting AT THE AIRPORT for the flight to LA, the office manager called to inform my husband that his surgery had been cancelled because THEY had NOT, in the process of arranging for the procedure, bothered to inform the anesthesiologist about my husband's heart condition. It was bad enough that we had been greatly inconvenienced but the last straw was the utter indifference and failure to take responsibility for THEIR oversight. "It happens" is not an apology, or an adequate explanation. Do not subject yourself to this disrespect. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Incredibly competent doctor who skillfully treats shoulder, elbow, and knee conditions. I have absolute trust in this man, he knows what he's doing and will never direct you down the wrong path.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

I found this doctor to be arrogant and overbearing. I went to him for a second opinion and he wouldn't let me get a word in edge-wise. He was annoyed when I interrupted him to ask questions. I don't care how good his surgical skills may be, his bedside manner leaves much to be desired. If you're going to go through the ordeal of surgery and rehab, find someone who will listen to your concerns with empathy and kindness. Those qualities were sadly lacking in this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Excellent doctor with great bedside manner. I can't imagine going to anyone else for joint related issues.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2008

EXCELLANT DR,WHY ELSE WOULD THE LOS ANGELES DODGERS ENTRUST HIM AND DR JOBE AS THEIR TEAM DR.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

Dr. Ralph A. Gambardella's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Southern California (Grad. 1977)