Ratings for Dr. Herbert S. Golomb

I have been seeing this doctor for 2 years thinking that sticking to the same doctor may help. he asks me to see him again and again but my problem was never diagnosed completely. now i realized, it is just to rip my money. he always keep me wait atleast 30 min to 1 hr. I am totally frustrated with his treatment.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

I had forgotten the name of this doctor, and gotten referred to him again by my insurance provider. When I called to schedule an appointment it all came back, as it was confirmed by the staff that I had been there before a few years back. A most uncaring person (I even have a difficulty calling him a human let alone a doctor). When I went there for a minor condition he refused to check another minor condition on the same leg without a separate appointment at a later date, what would have taken him less than a minute to look at. How much a doctor cares is as important as how much he knows. For a care provider these go together.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

Proceed with caution! Dr Golomb overtreated me with liquid nitrogen treating 23 lesions in 1 visit in less than 10 min. After waiting a little over an hour he comes in with the canister of liquid nitrogen and just starts INDISCRIMINATELY spraying my moles and raised lesions (Actinic Keratosis, Seborrheic Keratosis). He lightly sprayed some moles at the base of my neck which irritated them causing the lymph nodes in my neck to become inflamed for 6 weeks now. I don't believe light freezing of moles is the proper treatment for their removal. This has caused me a lot of discomfort, worry and unknown harm. The raised lesions he treated are gone but not the moles. Dr. G is VERY CARELESS with his use of cryosurgery, not even lifting his finger off the nozzle going from one brown spot to the next. Too scary and careless for me.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2010

I wish I had read these reviews before visiting Dr. Golomb yesterday. I visited his office for a routine mole check. After a very long wait (about 45 mins)in a filthy examining room he enters with a stained/dirty jacket, quickly starts freezing various spots on my body, missing many by a couple of mm's. He also performed a bioposy, which in retrospect was a bad idea, considering his disorganization and clear lack of hygiene. I'm now very concerned about the sterility of the tools he used. The poor man is very old and should no longer be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2009

I have been to Dr. Golombs office a few times and I have come to the conclusion that he is clueless..."can I get some help here" that is all you will here him yell..STAY AWAY

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009

I have been trying to find a group practice for a long time and thought Falls Church Medical looked promising. I was happy with my Dr., but when I went to Dr. Golomb to have some warts removed and moles looked at he gave me a weird feeling. While waiting (long wait) for him to arrive, I noticed the tools and examination office were dirty and disorganized. He is really old - not his fault, obviously - but he looks like he doesn't care about much. Stains on his jacket, pen marks all over the pockets... not confidence inspiring. That being said, he did a decent job, although he missed one wart entirely and just blasted healthy skin with his nitrogen. He was determined to give me tons of xeroxed pamphlets, which he requested by yelling out the door "Can I get some help here?" no less than 4 times per visit. I am on the fence about him. For minor things I might go back, but I think he may be at the end of his productive life as a doctor that needs good vision to do his job.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2008

I went to Dr. Golomb once and he misdiagnosed me. He assured me that I had genital warts, but when I went to a different dermatologist, that doctor did a biopsy and it turned out to be just a benign mole.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

This was my first visit to Dr. Golomb for my scalp psoriasis which I've had since a child. He was the first doctor to offer injections which was rather refreshing considering my pain and discomfort. Dr. Golomb appears to be in his late 70's or early 80s. Some people might find this odd. He is a bit nervous and speaks very quickly which at first make me a bit uncomfortable. He clearly knows what he's doing. His style is a bit different than most doctors but it could be age. He gave me lots of materials (e.g., articles, pamphlets and coupons for my meds) which at first, I thought was odd. But later did I start reading them, I realized it saved me time and I learned some new things. Even though I came out of there with a small book (so to speak), I think I will go back. He does know his stuff.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

As a psoriasis sufferer for 25 years, I was hopeful when I saw Dr. Golomb’s profile linked from the National Psoriasis Foundation website. I thought it was time to find a new dermatologist. I was disappointed. He was abrupt, dishelved, and dismissive. His hands were dirty and needed moisturizer. What I found his repeated requests for literature and samples (5 total in a 10 minute visit) from his staff, “Can I get some help here?” off putting and insulting to his staff. He felt it was important to provide me with lots of literature (e.g., xeroxed journal articles) As a long-time psoriasis patient, I was surprised. Does he think I don’t read up on my condition? I am a teacher. I found his bedside manner reprehensible. He came in and introduced himself and asked who referred me to him. Then he asked, “What is your problem?” Dr. Golomb seems very knowledgeable and has had a distinguished career. But I don't think I'll got back.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2008

They like to burn everything off your body. He did this to my husband and wanted to do this to me too.I am very glad I was uncofortable with his quick dioqnosis.I told him I'll have to come back another time. However my poor husband, trusting the good doctor, burned him many many times. His office and his equipments are dirty. He will scare you and burn you. Stay away! You can do much better.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2008

Dr. Herbert S. Golomb's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1960)

Champ Va