Ratings for Dr. Ghanshyam Gupta

i was in Shady Grove Hospital for some bleeding. He came and spoke with me and recommended I see him for a consultation appointment which was scheduled. I went to the office and he not only wasn't there but told me I didn't have an appointment. His secretary stated he was going out of town the next day which was Wednesday and he scheduled my procedure for that Thursday. When I did meet with him, I got a funny, uncomfortable feeling about it. I was not comfortable with him being knowledgable and I didn't like his demeanor. Do not go to him.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Friendly and helpful staff. Both doctors are professional and knowledgable

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

He is unprofessional, rude, uncaring. I just recently was referred to him by my PCP for Colonoscopy. On first, consultation appointment, he was a no show. Pretext was that he got delayed at his other appointment at some hospital. The Physician's Assistant at his office interviewed me instead. That too despite my specifically telling the front desk that I'd wait for him. After 10 minutes interview, she handed me a standard printout with a prescription for prep for Colonoscopy. On the day after the procedure, while I was still under the anesthesia, he asked me if I had any questions. I was totally blank. He had no courtsey to stop by in the recovery room and talk to my wife, or me, when my condition was improved. All other doctors were visiting their patients, explaining things, making post procedure recommendations. He didn't even care to read notes before procedure and thought my condition was because I smoke. I quit smoking 13 yrs ago. I am going to complain about him for sure.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2014

After calling my insurance, I found Dr. Gupta was over charging me $20. He wanted me to reschedule but why on earth would I schedule another appointment, over-pay YET again to only go through repaying without knowing I would be reimbursed EVER? They are scam artists who over charge for their appointments. Each time I have seen Dr. Gupta he waltzes into my hospital room, never asks how I am feeling and despite having three infections and an abscess in excruciating pain, he stopped all my medications, would not do a scan or even an ultra sound to see if the abscess had shrunk so it was safe enough to be discharged on oral medications. The hospitalist disagreed and actually told me to transfer hospitals and switch gastro doctors because she felt it was putting my life in jeopardy. This whole team is incompetent.Please, I beg you to find a gastro who will help you. I ended up having emergency surgery due to this and have lawyers, doctors, nurses all recommending I file a lawsuit.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

This doctor is the most horrible man I have ever encountered. I only saw him ONCE the whole time I was under his care which included 3 hospitalizations. I only saw his sarcastic, short tempered, know-it-all, unsympathetic assistant who couldn't have been more than 20o years old herself. She couldn't provide a single answer for myself and my family and was so rude and uncaring while I was crying out in pain writhing in my hospital bed. I checked myself out of the hospital the last time and went to another to find I had been experiencing a dangerous bowel obstruction the entire time and needed surgery. I should sue this uncaring egotistical man. He never once asked me how I was feeling when he came in and only cared about where my records were even though I explained to him FOUR TIMES that I had faxed the paperwork each time he asked and they were waiting for HIS paperwork to send it. DO NOT GO TO HIM PLEASE. You really would be putting yourself and your health at risk, I am serious.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2012

DR. GUPTA IS VERY ACCOMIDATING. HE SPENDS A RESONABLE TIME WITH ME EXPLAINING MY CONDITION. HE ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS AND MADE SURE I UNDERSTOOD THE EXAMS HE WAS ORDERING. HIS STAFF WAS ABLE TO RESOLVE MY INSURANCE ISSUE WITH A PRIOR AUTHERAZATION THAT I NEEDED FOR ONE OF MY MEDICATIONS. I WOULD HIGLY RECOMMEND TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Dr Gupta is very efficient he knows his job and his staff is very professional!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

On two separate appts Dr. was almost 45-50 mins late in arriving to office. He also did not understand the need for privacy as he would walk out of examination room and continue talking about my condition. I was also surprised about the insurance billing indicating my visit were Comprehensive and Extended when I felt the service rendered did not justify that level of billing.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

One word: terrible. Is he really board certified? As a patient I knew more about UC than he did; but he was the doctor. He is not even familiar with the adverse effects of the drugs he prescribes. Stay away from him!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2008

This doctor is not knowledgeable, unprofessional, and rude - If you need a gastroenterologist go see someone else!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2007

Dr. Ghanshyam Gupta's Credentials

• Topiwala Nat'L Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal