Ratings for Dr. Alice Joseph

Dr. Joseph has been professional, knowledgeable and caring. She listens to my concerns and answers my questions. I find her staff helpful and friendly. I like that if I have to be admitted to the hospital I know that she will continue to supervise my care in the hospital instead of turning my inpatient care over to a hospitalist.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

Doc Joseph is always late even if you are her first patient of the day at 9am, she only shows up at 10am with her Starbucks coffee and does not even apologies ! Her stuff changes constantly and theyalways have to lie to cover up for her delays. she rushes through the appointment, ask very few questions, her equipment is from the 50s! She hates writing REFERRALS!! The last time I saw i came to pick up a referral that she took for ever to make and she yelled at me for a half hour saying it was my fault that she had to pay people to write referrals and now the insurances wants "electronic" referrals and it's because of patient like me!!! Her stuff was soo embarrassed by her attitude. She finally scream "go find yourself another doctor!". I responded that both my husband and I will be delighted to do so. She is the ABSOLUTE WORST!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

Not interested in hearing about your symptoms, barely examines you, everything is "nothing to worry about" from chest pains to kidney problems. Negligent, unknowledgeable and uncaring. Keeps you waiting for an average of 45 minutes but when you finally get in she sees you in 5/10 minutes.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2012

I'd found a breast tumor, and I was forced to see her to her to get an HMO "gatekeeper" referral to a specialist. Worst physician ever. She walked in, as a complete stranger, and introduced herself as "Dr. Joseph" while she called me by my first name (I replied with "Hi, Alice!"). She told me that the tumor was nothing more than a fold in my breast tissue (?) and nothing to worry about. Wrong! I had a tumor that required biopsy and complete removal. Stay away.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

Worst doctor ever. She is negligent, uncaring, and down right mean.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

I have never been to a worse doctor. For several years she ignored some serious symptoms I had even after I brought them to her attention. Her neglect nearly cost me my life. Knowing there was something seriously wrong with me, I went to another doctor who immediately sent me to an endocrinologist. I had brain surgery to remove a tumor on my pituitary gland. Had I continued to let Dr. Joseph treat me I would not be here today. Stay away from her at all cost!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2007

I just left this doctor after a number of years--I agree with most of the previous comments.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2006

I required a referral to a cardiac specialist following a heart attack. She would only give me 3 visits, would not fax the referrals, and would not submit the referrals to the insurance company. She was also reluctant to provide a referral for cardiac rehab.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2006

Agree with the other comment about her acting rushed. I went in with severe pain in my shoulder and she barely looked at me before telling me to come back in a few weeks if it still hurt. She didn't offer any answers or even a referral to someone who could treat my problem better. She was our family's pcp so my husband also went to see her, she gave him a hurried exam as well and gave him a referral to the wrong specialist. She was polite but didn't seem to care much, just wanted to rush through her patients.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2006

You wait in the waiting room for a very long time and when you final get called back to see her it's only for five to ten minutes tops. I don't believe she is up to date with todays medicine or equipment.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2005

Dr. Alice Joseph's Credentials

• Med Coll, Gandhiji Univ, Kottayam, Kerala, India (Grad. 1978)